Windows 10: Clean install windows 10 shutdown not powering hardware down

Discus and support Clean install windows 10 shutdown not powering hardware down in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; Ok so i have 2 issues... yesterday i decided to run a clean install of windows 10 64x on my machine. F12 bios (latest) with 1809 windows 10 8700k... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by SinlessViper, Jan 19, 2019.

1. Clean install windows 10 shutdown not powering hardware down

Ok so i have 2 issues...

yesterday i decided to run a clean install of windows 10 64x on my machine.

F12 bios (latest) with 1809 windows 10

8700k @5.2ghz

1080ti

960pro m.2

and 1 other m.2 storage drive.

sound blaster z pcie sound card.

How these events have unfolded. so ive spent 2 days trying to get my sound card to work... first off... ive un installed drivers iver flashed the bios, re seated the card, swapped pcie slots, factory reset bios, removed cmos battery... you name it ive done it... windows refuses to even see it. (It isnt a faulty card as it was working before the re install of windows)

after all the booting up and shutting down, the computer now refuses to powet fully off...

I click shut down and it shuts the OS down and the screen goes off but all my hardware stays powered up.

ive turned fast boot off in the bios and power options, reset bios, cleared the cmos and run sfc...

right now it looks like im going to end up doing another clean install of windows as im out of ideas on whats going on with the 1809 version of windows its plagued with issues...

:)

SinlessViper, Jan 19, 2019
  2. CK011885 Win User

Installing Windows 10 on New PC?

I'm going to be building a new PC on Christmas and want to install Windows 10 on it. I have Windows 10 on my current PC, which I installed upgrading from 8.1 with the files on a USB. How do I go about installing a clean copy of Windows 10 on this new PC? I think I recall something about installing it once makes Microsoft recognize your hardware, but since this will be a PC I'm not sure what steps I need to take. Do I need to go 8.1 -> 10 or is there a method of going directly to 10?

CK011885, Jan 19, 2019
  3. Delta6326 Win User
    Delta6326, Jan 19, 2019
  4. Clean install windows 10 shutdown not powering hardware down

Clean Install Workaround for Vista

You may remember this news story on techPowerUp! a couple of days ago relating to the lack of clean installs when using the Upgrade Editions of Vista, which required an old OS to be installed. However, Paul Thurrott has managed to find a workaround for this issue, which ironically lets users do a clean install Vista without any previous version of Windows, albeit a little tedious. Here are the steps:
    • Boot from the Windows Vista Upgrade DVD as normal
    • When prompted for a product code, leave this blank
    • Select the version of Vista you have purchased and let Vista install
    • When you boot to your desktop for the first time, run the Vista setup from Windows
    • This time enter your product key
    • When asked whether you want to do an Upgrade of Custom install, select custom and choose a clean install
    • Windows will now install for a second time and you should be able to activate it
    Remember, these steps are only advised for use in order to achieve a clean install of Vista, it is only legal to use the upgrade editions if you have previously purchased the appropriate version of Windows.

Source: DailyTech

Jimmy 2004, Jan 19, 2019
Thema:

Clean install windows 10 shutdown not powering hardware down

1. Clean install windows 10 shutdown not powering hardware down - Similar Threads - Clean install shutdown

2. Windows 10 clean install shut down

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 clean install shut down: When Im trying to clean install, copying windows files is done like instantly while there is actually no windows files exist at all, is that possible? Then when its getting ready suddenly my laptop shut down by itself and when I turn it on says error because it was shut down...
  3. Windows 10 clean install shut down

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 clean install shut down: When Im trying to clean install, copying windows files is done like instantly while there is actually no windows files exist at all, is that possible? Then when its getting ready suddenly my laptop shut down by itself and when I turn it on says error because it was shut down...
  4. Windows 10 clean install shut down

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Power shutdown

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Power shutdown: Sometimes when I shutdown my ideapad s540, it won't shutdown properly. That's why the pc becomes super hot. Any suggestion what to do? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/power-shutdown/be2b658e-fc29-4438-b6a4-bdc9cfc48726
  6. Upgrading hardware and will do a clean install of windows

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Upgrading hardware and will do a clean install of windows: My PC says "Windows is activated with a digital license linked to your microsoft account" . Do I have to unlink/deactivate the product key on my current PC before shutting it down and swapping parts for the upgrade? The microsoft help section is pretty vague on the steps...
  7. Clean Windows 10 Install on new hardware but same key

Clean Windows 10 Install on new hardware but same key: So I recently had computer issues and I believed it to be my 5 year old SSD. I purchased a new SSD and a fresh copy of Windows 10 about a week ago but the problems persisted so I decided to this Black Friday to just go ahead and purchase all new hardware. I want to do another...
  8. Clean install on new hardware

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Clean install on new hardware: I'm sure this has been asked many times and I can see a lot of threads similar to this but each one had some different detail about it, so I just went ahead and made a new one. I'm planning on upgrading my hardware in a few weeks, specifically : Asus - ROG STRIX Z370-E...
  9. Windows 10 clean install not activated (Hardware upgraded)

Windows 10 clean install not activated (Hardware upgraded): So a few months back I upgraded for free from win7 to win10 Pro. Today I got a new CPU, RAM, MBO (also currently using the new MBO onboard GPU, waiting for my new one) and did a clean install of Win10 (from USB created with MediaCreationToolkit). Now I remember reading...
  10. Windows 10 will not re-start/shutdown without manual power down.

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Windows 10 will not re-start/shutdown without manual power down.: Hello All, My current PC hangs on software shutdowns and restarts, my patience fails after more than ten hours. What info can I provide to assist in diagnosing this? The PC and OS otherwise working wonderfully. Obviously I'm never comfortable using a front panel power...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. shutdown not working fresh install win 10

2. shotdown problem after windows 10 1809 clean install

3. win 10 clean shutdown

4. fresh installation of windows 10 not shutting doown