Windows 10: Clean Install Windows 10 without losing the liscence activation.

Discus and support Clean Install Windows 10 without losing the liscence activation. in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hi,I want a clean install from CD/USB without losing the activation of the windows. I have Windows 10 Education and it's running slower. I'm going to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by NisalVinura, Jul 30, 2021.

1. Clean Install Windows 10 without losing the liscence activation.

Hi,I want a clean install from CD/USB without losing the activation of the windows. I have Windows 10 Education and it's running slower. I'm going to install a SSD to my laptop and reinstall the OS there. How do i proceed?

:)

NisalVinura, Jul 30, 2021

2. Clean Install Windows 10 without losing the liscence (activation).

Hey,

I want a clean install from CD/USB without losing the activation of the windows. I have upgraded from Windows 7 to Windows 10 and it's running slower. So I want a clean install. Any help?

Ziauddin Khan, Jul 30, 2021
  3. Clean Install Workaround for Vista

You may remember this news story on techPowerUp! a couple of days ago relating to the lack of clean installs when using the Upgrade Editions of Vista, which required an old OS to be installed. However, Paul Thurrott has managed to find a workaround for this issue, which ironically lets users do a clean install Vista without any previous version of Windows, albeit a little tedious. Here are the steps:
    • Boot from the Windows Vista Upgrade DVD as normal
    • When prompted for a product code, leave this blank
    • Select the version of Vista you have purchased and let Vista install
    • When you boot to your desktop for the first time, run the Vista setup from Windows
    • This time enter your product key
    • When asked whether you want to do an Upgrade of Custom install, select custom and choose a clean install
    • Windows will now install for a second time and you should be able to activate it
    Remember, these steps are only advised for use in order to achieve a clean install of Vista, it is only legal to use the upgrade editions if you have previously purchased the appropriate version of Windows.

Source: DailyTech

Jimmy 2004, Jul 30, 2021
  4. Clean Install Windows 10 without losing the liscence activation.

Clean Install Windows 10 without losing the liscence (activation).

Step 1: Download and create bootable media if you have not already:

How
    to download official Windows 10 ISO files

Step 2: Configure your BIOS to boot from the install media:

https://www.groovypost.com/howto/bios-uefi-setup-guide-boot-from-cd-dvd-usb-drive-sd-card/

Step 3: Follow the instructions to perform a clean install:

How to: Perform a clean install of Windows 10

When you upgraded from a previous version of Windows or receive a new computer preinstalled with Windows 10, what happened is the hardware (your PC) will get a digital entitlement, where a unique signature of the computer will be stored on Microsoft
    Activation Servers. The Windows 7 or Windows 8 genuine license you were previously running will be exchanged for a diagnostics key.

Anytime you need to reinstall Windows 10 on that machine, just proceed to reinstall Windows 10. It will automatically reactivate.
    You will prompted to enter a product key a couple times through the installation, click I don't have a key and Do this later.

There is no need to know or get a new key, but if you have issues with Digital Licensing or the Activation Troubleshooter, you can utilize an existing Windows 7 or Windows 8/8.1 product key
    you already ownto reactivate if necessary. or use the reset function in Windows 10.

Andre Da Costa, Jul 30, 2021
Thema:

Clean Install Windows 10 without losing the liscence activation.

1. Clean Install Windows 10 without losing the liscence activation. - Similar Threads - Clean Install without

2. Reinstall Windows 10 without losing the activation

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Reinstall Windows 10 without losing the activation: We bought a laptop for a worker in our company. And he signed in with his private email.He left the company so we need to reinstall the windows 10 to master clean the laptop.In the activation section it says Windows is activated with a digital license linked to your Microsoft...
  3. Is there a way to do clean install without losing data?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Is there a way to do clean install without losing data?: I am trying to reset my pc with the use of a windows installation media in usb. And i realized that i would need to delete all the existing partitions in order to proceed as seen in the picture. Am i right to say that if i do so all the data in my pc will be removed? If so,...
  4. Activation without losing games.

Activation without losing games.: So I have bought cold war and pubg on my pc but windows was not activated and my cold war will not open. Idk if not having windows activated is what's stopping cold war from opening, but I just wanted to know if it's possible to buy a key for windows and activate it without...
  5. clean install without losing all data on all drives?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    clean install without losing all data on all drives?: hey. i wonder if i can do a clean win 10 install without losing all data on all drives?i have about 3-4 TB of data and i dont really want to redownload all of it. thanks....
  6. How to Clean Install my Windows 10 without losing the license?

How to Clean Install my Windows 10 without losing the license?: Hi I'm Praneeth, I need to wipe my 'c' drive and perform a clean install of Windows. I'm using Windows 10 Home with digital license. Also, This Laptop is connected with my Microsoft account. Will I able to perform this clean install without losing my license? What steps...
  7. How to Clean Install my Windows 10 without losing the license?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How to Clean Install my Windows 10 without losing the license?: Hi I'm Praneeth, I need to wipe my 'c' drive and perform a clean install of Windows. I'm using Windows 10 Home with digital license. Also, This Laptop is connected with my Microsoft account. Will I able to perform this clean install without losing my license? What steps...
  8. liscencing & activation

liscencing & activation: how can I activate windows after hanging hardware https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/liscencing-activation/7aa3f5ae-38ff-4324-bfae-9f2423598be2"
  9. how to downgrade windows 10 version by clean install without losing license

how to downgrade windows 10 version by clean install without losing license: hi my tablet dosnt work currently after october update of windows 10 and i want do clean install an older version without losing license so how can i do this?...
  10. How do i Clean install Win 10 without losing my activation?

How do i Clean install Win 10 without losing my activation?: Hello, I took part in the free upgrade offer from 7 and used the media creation tool to upgrade (probably should have waited for the upgrade notification but meh), It worked my windows 10 is activated but, I noticed that it wasn't a clean install and I'm not too fond of that...