Windows 10: Clean install with different language

Discus and support Clean install with different language in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hello Can I do a clean install of Windows 10 Home Single language but in a different language? I have a laptop in Spanish and it is Single language... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by MaurySzwerdszarf, Sep 4, 2018.

1. Clean install with different language

Hello

Can I do a clean install of Windows 10 Home Single language but in a different language? I have a laptop in Spanish and it is Single language but I want to do a clean install in English. Will I loose my digital licence?

Thank you.

:)

MaurySzwerdszarf, Sep 4, 2018

2. Clean install with different language

Hello

Can I do a clean install of Windows 10 Home Single language but in a different language? I have a laptop in Spanish and it is Single language but I want to do a clean install
    in English. Will I loose my digital licence?

Thank you.

MaurySzwerdszarf, Sep 7, 2018
  3. Clean Install Workaround for Vista

You may remember this news story on techPowerUp! a couple of days ago relating to the lack of clean installs when using the Upgrade Editions of Vista, which required an old OS to be installed. However, Paul Thurrott has managed to find a workaround for this issue, which ironically lets users do a clean install Vista without any previous version of Windows, albeit a little tedious. Here are the steps:
    • Boot from the Windows Vista Upgrade DVD as normal
    • When prompted for a product code, leave this blank
    • Select the version of Vista you have purchased and let Vista install
    • When you boot to your desktop for the first time, run the Vista setup from Windows
    • This time enter your product key
    • When asked whether you want to do an Upgrade of Custom install, select custom and choose a clean install
    • Windows will now install for a second time and you should be able to activate it
    Remember, these steps are only advised for use in order to achieve a clean install of Vista, it is only legal to use the upgrade editions if you have previously purchased the appropriate version of Windows.

Source: DailyTech

Jimmy 2004, Sep 7, 2018
  4. HTC
    HTC Win User

Clean install with different language

Using original Win 7 Key with different installation language

Good and bad news!!!

The good: i've found the language packs (unsure if the English one is the same as the one in Windows Updates, but i think so). There are many other languages for both x86 and x64 systems.

The bad: it's not in CAB file so i can't add it to the Windows 7 Installation.

@ least, it's a step in the right direction.

Thema:

Clean install with different language

1. Clean install with different language - Similar Threads - Clean install different

2. Re-install windows 10 home single language with a different language

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Re-install windows 10 home single language with a different language: I bought a laptop with windows 10 home single language installed in French. It does not allow me to change the language to English. Can I re-install in English? how?...
  3. Re-install windows 10 home single language with a different language

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Re-install windows 10 home single language with a different language: I bought a laptop with windows 10 home single language installed in French. It does not allow me to change the language to English. Can I re-install in English? how?...
  4. Re-install windows 10 home single language with a different language

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Different languages

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Different languages: Issue: I added a second language. When I try to download the "Basic typing" or "Speech" package, it starts downloading and after 5 sec comes up with error code "0x800F0950"...
  6. Different languages

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Different languages: Issue: I added a second language. When I try to download the "Basic typing" or "Speech" package, it starts downloading and after 5 sec comes up with error code "0x800F0950"...
  7. Different language in different apps

in Windows 10 Customization
    Different language in different apps: Hi, I just bought a computer and I noticed that some apps appear in a different language than the one I had set it up with. I speak 2 languages, spanish and korean, the computer is in spanish and I noticed that the notifications of my mail were in korean and also my...
  8. Fresh install in a different language

Fresh install in a different language: Hello. I've bought an HP laptop with preinstalled Russian version of Windows 10 PRO. I am going to use Media creation tool to make clean install and I would like to use English version of Windows. Can I do that? Will it activate automatically or I can run into some issues...
  9. Clean install to different disk drive?

Clean install to different disk drive?: I have successfully upgraded to Windows 10 from Windows 7 (and solved the initial network connection problems). However my OS has a lot of crud from the pre-upgrade state and I would like to do a clean install of Windows 10, without losing any old data files. I've read...
  10. Windows 10 - clean install different language

Windows 10 - clean install different language: Say my version of Windows 10 pro is German x64 Say I create a DVD (via media creation tool) and before creating the media I select English x64 Then do a clean install from that media. Q: Will then the English version be installed and activated? = 14174