Windows 10: Clean install with product ID

Discus and support Clean install with product ID in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; After having installed Windows (and not having registered it) windows automatically assigned a product key and allows to customize it. Should I change... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by ante50, Aug 18, 2019.

1. ante50 Win User

Clean install with product ID

After having installed Windows (and not having registered it) windows automatically assigned a product key and allows to customize it. Should I change it or it can be left and what is it about?

:)

ante50, Aug 18, 2019

2. Clean Install Workaround for Vista

You may remember this news story on techPowerUp! a couple of days ago relating to the lack of clean installs when using the Upgrade Editions of Vista, which required an old OS to be installed. However, Paul Thurrott has managed to find a workaround for this issue, which ironically lets users do a clean install Vista without any previous version of Windows, albeit a little tedious. Here are the steps:
    • Boot from the Windows Vista Upgrade DVD as normal
    • When prompted for a product code, leave this blank
    • Select the version of Vista you have purchased and let Vista install
    • When you boot to your desktop for the first time, run the Vista setup from Windows
    • This time enter your product key
    • When asked whether you want to do an Upgrade of Custom install, select custom and choose a clean install
    • Windows will now install for a second time and you should be able to activate it
    Remember, these steps are only advised for use in order to achieve a clean install of Vista, it is only legal to use the upgrade editions if you have previously purchased the appropriate version of Windows.

Source: DailyTech

Jimmy 2004, Aug 18, 2019
  3. Product ID

Hi Russell,

We appreciate the information you've provided regarding the product ID. To resolve your concern, we suggest that you do the following steps:

• Click on Start and type: Command Prompt.
    • Right click on it and select Run as administrator.
    • Type: wmic path SoftwareLicensingService get OA3xOriginalProductKey.
    • Press Enter. That should give you the product key to type in the activation.
    Get back to us if you need further assistance.

PreciousLeb, Aug 18, 2019
  4. Clean install with product ID

Windows 10 infinite restart black screen

The tutorials provided are just a list of troubleshooting steps. Use only the steps which apply to you.

Since none of the troubleshooting steps here worked, I'd suggest you do a Clean install.

John

AmericanPharaoh, Aug 18, 2019
Thema:

Clean install with product ID

1. Clean install with product ID - Similar Threads - Clean install product

2. Are product id and device id senzitive?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Are product id and device id senzitive?: So i wanted to share my specs to my friend and of course the product id and device id appear also there i sent him a photo and then i asked chat gpt if they are safe to show and it said that they are senzitive and can led hackers to acces your device and it really concerned...
  3. Are product id and device id senzitive?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Are product id and device id senzitive?: So i wanted to share my specs to my friend and of course the product id and device id appear also there i sent him a photo and then i asked chat gpt if they are safe to show and it said that they are senzitive and can led hackers to acces your device and it really concerned...
  4. Product ID and Device ID

in Windows 10 Customization
    Product ID and Device ID: Hi there,I am having two different physical machines from Dell, pre-loaded Windows 10. Both are license versions, activated using a Digital license key.I want to know that is there any issue if both these machines are having the same Product ID or Device ID? Where this...
  5. Product ID

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Product ID: My Window Product ID 00331-10000-00001-AA480 and I want a Product Key, how can I find my Product Key? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/product-id/68cb66de-2364-45f6-b82a-c11a31916a57
  6. Product ID

Product ID: What's the difference a "Product ID," and a "Product Key?" https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/product-id/0740f8a1-8303-41a3-b537-f882a3becdd9"
  7. Product ID #

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Product ID #: Hey, I just built my first PC and I was loading windows 10. I was following the directions for using a USB stick. It seems to work but it's not going beyond putting in my product ID #. I got My product ID # from my old PC. Yes I purchased the windows 10 upgrade when it came...
  8. Product ID

Product ID: I Have a Microsoft 2004 Flight simulator. which I used for several years about 12 years ago. I am Loading it on another computer and at the end after the load It give a new Product ID and send to a Game store but there is no where to put the product ID In. How do I get my new...
  9. Product Key on Clean Install

Product Key on Clean Install: After I did the free upgrade to Windows 10 Pro, I did a clean install. Seems like everything is fine, except I had to enter the Product Key to finish the installation. The clean install is activated. I understood from what I have been reading here that once I did the free...
  10. Cannot view product key on clean install

Cannot view product key on clean install: Ok, the more I read the more confused I get. Here's my problem: Have a computer with OEM Windows 7, been on there a few years. It's becoming somewhat goofy and decided to do a clean install of Windows 10. So, bought an OEM cd of 10 from Amazon ( home version). Came today....