Windows 10: Clean install with USB created by Media Creation Tool

Discus and support Clean install with USB created by Media Creation Tool in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I use the Media Creation Tool to create a bootable USB. When Ive clean installed Ive always waited until the installation has completely finished and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by sportsfan148, Apr 26, 2019.

1. Clean install with USB created by Media Creation Tool

I use the Media Creation Tool to create a bootable USB. When Ive clean installed Ive always waited until the installation has completely finished and Im at the Windows desktop. Only then do I remove the Windows 10 USB flash drive. The USB flash drive stays inserted until then. Ive never had any issues at all with this method?
    Ive been following a recent thread where clean installing with a USB flash drive is mentioned.
    Why are people discussing having to remove the USB flash drive before a reboot during a clean installation and when exactly do they remove it? If I did that Id be concerned that it might be possible to corrupt the flash drive. I always use the safely remove hardware option in Windows before I remove a flash drive.

:)

sportsfan148, Apr 26, 2019
  2. Kyhi Win User

Will Media Creation Tool Create A USB Installer With Version 1511?

Yes, from which you can use USB media to clean install or upgrade

3. How to create an UNACTIVATED Windows 10 installation USB flash drive using the new Media Creation Tool v1803??

I want to note also that the Media Creation Tool didn't give me the option to select the Edition of Windows 10 at the step you can choose the Language, Edition and Architecture. The only thing that was in the list was only the "Windows 10" option, not other
    editions...

So, is this a BUG of Media Creation Tool or I have misunderstood something? Is this reasonable?

Also is it reasonable when you install Windows (by USB Flsah drive created with Media Creation Tool) to be activated on its own after installation finishes??

MinimalTechGR, Apr 26, 2019
  4. Nick!!! Win User

Clean install with USB created by Media Creation Tool

Creating Installation Media - USB

Hi,

I have installed Windows 10 via the media creation tool using usb.

After install I did a clean install via reset.

All is good now, running very good.

Question

Is the usb I created via media creation tool a installation media drive?

Do I have to create a installation media drive now?

Any help appreciated.

Nick!!!, Apr 26, 2019
Thema:

Clean install with USB created by Media Creation Tool

1. Clean install with USB created by Media Creation Tool - Similar Threads - Clean install USB

2. Media Creation Tool Not Installing to USB

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Media Creation Tool Not Installing to USB: I am trying to create an instillation drive so I can put windows 10 on an HDD, but every time I get the message "8GB of free disk space needed on C:" which is my SSD not my flash drive. The drive is 3.0 usb, 32 GB, so I don't know why it won't target the external drive. It...
  3. Media Creation Tool Not Installing to USB

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Media Creation Tool Not Installing to USB: I am trying to create an instillation drive so I can put windows 10 on an HDD, but every time I get the message "8GB of free disk space needed on C:" which is my SSD not my flash drive. The drive is 3.0 usb, 32 GB, so I don't know why it won't target the external drive. It...
  4. Media Creation Tool Not Installing to USB

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Clean Win10 install using Media Creation Tool

Clean Win10 install using Media Creation Tool: I have a HP Slimline basic machine with I3, 2.9 gHz processor and one 4GB stick of RAM. It seems slow to start and shut down in Windows. Of course it has a bunch of HP junkware on it. Can I run a fresh install from Windows Creation Tool USB? Would this help? The machine is...
  6. Creating a Media Creation tool 2004

Creating a Media Creation tool 2004: I have down loaded the program from your web site. I am installing the program on a 256 scan disk thumb drive. The drive is correctly formatted. I follow all instructions. The program fully loads on the drive. It then goes into a verifying of down load. At 59% I get an error...
  7. Media Creation Tool USB install - corrupt

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Media Creation Tool USB install - corrupt: Hi, I'm trying to install Windows 10 on a new pc build. I'm not a regular Windows user but I have already done quite a few installations with CDs and DVDs on physical and virtual computers. The issue I'm currently facing is that both burning and reading DVDs is not an option...
  8. Media Creation Tool, creating a USB installation medium

Media Creation Tool, creating a USB installation medium: <p>I find it unbelievable that this tool simply removes any already set up partition(s) from a USB Stick.</p><p>There is not even a warning that any information stored on the stick's partition(s) (even the ones not needed by the tool) will be lost after using the tool.<br...
  9. Does the Media Creation Tool create a bootable USB or DVD

Does the Media Creation Tool create a bootable USB or DVD: Does the Media Creation Tool create a bootable USB or DVD. If not how can I make it bootable? Jim 30984
  10. Will Media Creation Tool Create A USB Installer With Version 1511?

Will Media Creation Tool Create A USB Installer With Version 1511?: Hello All, I am running Windows 10 Pro x64 that I installed as a full version (not from the free update, I purchased the full edition from Microsoft). Whenever I get a new OS I like to do a clean install so I used the Microsoft Media Creation Tool which I downloaded...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. USB Safely Remove Full Version