Windows 10: clean install without losing all data on all drives?

Discus and support clean install without losing all data on all drives? in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; hey. i wonder if i can do a clean win 10 install without losing all data on all drives?i have about 3-4 TB of data and i dont really want to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by ddmeltzer8, Aug 14, 2020.

1. clean install without losing all data on all drives?

hey.

i wonder if i can do a clean win 10 install without losing all data on all drives?i have about 3-4 TB of data and i dont really want to redownload all of it.

thanks.

:)

ddmeltzer8, Aug 14, 2020

2. Clean Install Workaround for Vista

You may remember this news story on techPowerUp! a couple of days ago relating to the lack of clean installs when using the Upgrade Editions of Vista, which required an old OS to be installed. However, Paul Thurrott has managed to find a workaround for this issue, which ironically lets users do a clean install Vista without any previous version of Windows, albeit a little tedious. Here are the steps:
    • Boot from the Windows Vista Upgrade DVD as normal
    • When prompted for a product code, leave this blank
    • Select the version of Vista you have purchased and let Vista install
    • When you boot to your desktop for the first time, run the Vista setup from Windows
    • This time enter your product key
    • When asked whether you want to do an Upgrade of Custom install, select custom and choose a clean install
    • Windows will now install for a second time and you should be able to activate it
    Remember, these steps are only advised for use in order to achieve a clean install of Vista, it is only legal to use the upgrade editions if you have previously purchased the appropriate version of Windows.

Source: DailyTech

Jimmy 2004, Aug 14, 2020
  3. badrobot Win User
    Partitioning My Hard Drive Without Losing Data

Download any of the suggested programs above and fire up Youtube for a step by step instruction. Easus is a good software. But I personally use MiniTool Partition Wizard.

It will only take 5 minutes to become a professional hard drive partitioner. clean install without losing all data on all drives? :)

badrobot, Aug 14, 2020
  4. libirm Win User

clean install without losing all data on all drives?

INTEL MB DZ68BC loses data drives

Kbird-
    Thanks for the help- I will adjust as per your suggestions
    Here is my system- not a store bought but custom build.

clean install without losing all data on all drives? [​IMG]

libirm, Aug 14, 2020
Thema:

clean install without losing all data on all drives?

1. clean install without losing all data on all drives? - Similar Threads - clean install without

2. Install windows without losing all data & apps

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Install windows without losing all data & apps: Currently I'm using Windows 11 Home Single Language Insider preview latest Canary build of July. But I want to upgrade to Win 11 Pro I got a key to activate. Here comes two scenario. From Settings>activation>change key, if I put the key, the error message says like this:...
  3. Install windows without losing all data & apps

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Install windows without losing all data & apps: Currently I'm using Windows 11 Home Single Language Insider preview latest Canary build of July. But I want to upgrade to Win 11 Pro I got a key to activate. Here comes two scenario. From Settings>activation>change key, if I put the key, the error message says like this:...
  4. Install Windows 10 without losing data

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Install Windows 10 without losing data: Hello there, on friday our customers laptop Asus, Windows 10 couldn't start properly. That was the error message. After a few restarts it booted into the uefi directly. But we can't wipe the device and do a fresh install, because there's data that need to be recovered. So...
  5. Losing all password data on my browsers

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Losing all password data on my browsers: I had some issues with random resets that have already been fixed in the end part of it was a hardware issue of a bad contact, but now, with everything fixed, I sometimes get an error about issues with my Microsoft account due to loss of password as well as the total loss of...
  6. Is there a way to do clean install without losing data?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Is there a way to do clean install without losing data?: I am trying to reset my pc with the use of a windows installation media in usb. And i realized that i would need to delete all the existing partitions in order to proceed as seen in the picture. Am i right to say that if i do so all the data in my pc will be removed? If so,...
  7. Switching from Win10 LTSB to Win10 Enterprise without losing all data?

Switching from Win10 LTSB to Win10 Enterprise without losing all data?: WINDOWS VERSION: Windows 10 Enterprise N 2016 LTSB VERSION NUMBER: Version 1607 OS BUILD: 14393.4104 Hello one and all, I come to you in need of assistance (with a fair amount of shame). Back when Windows 10 first launched I was still operating my first game PC build, which...
  8. How to activate windows 10 without losing all my data

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    How to activate windows 10 without losing all my data: To make my subject more clear I have windows 10 not activated, however I still have around 300 gbs of files and games on my PC. All I want is be able to activate it and not loss all my data and files....
  9. Allocate Hard Drive without Losing Data?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Allocate Hard Drive without Losing Data?: Long story short: - I bought two 12 TB WD external USB 3.0 hard drives. My plan was to back up all my data to one, and mirror that back up to another. I have been researching hard drive mirroring software. We'll call them "Main External" and "Back Up." - In the mean time, I...
  10. Clean install without removing all drives first

Clean install without removing all drives first: I always clean install from bootable USB, never in place upgrade (There are several reasons, but that is a different conversation). Even since Windows 7, and possibly before, when installing Windows we've had to remove all drives other than the one we want to install windows...