Windows 10: Clean Install

Discus and support Clean Install in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; I have a pre-installed windows 10 that comes with my laptop. Now some fault suddenly appeared. If I download Windows 10 from the official site then... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by Sk Md Arif, Dec 17, 2019.

1. Clean Install

I have a pre-installed windows 10 that comes with my laptop.

Now some fault suddenly appeared.

If I download Windows 10 from the official site then it would be licensed when I log into Microsoft Account which belongs to my account for a clean install.

:)

Sk Md Arif, Dec 17, 2019

2. Clean Install Workaround for Vista

You may remember this news story on techPowerUp! a couple of days ago relating to the lack of clean installs when using the Upgrade Editions of Vista, which required an old OS to be installed. However, Paul Thurrott has managed to find a workaround for this issue, which ironically lets users do a clean install Vista without any previous version of Windows, albeit a little tedious. Here are the steps:
    • Boot from the Windows Vista Upgrade DVD as normal
    • When prompted for a product code, leave this blank
    • Select the version of Vista you have purchased and let Vista install
    • When you boot to your desktop for the first time, run the Vista setup from Windows
    • This time enter your product key
    • When asked whether you want to do an Upgrade of Custom install, select custom and choose a clean install
    • Windows will now install for a second time and you should be able to activate it
    Remember, these steps are only advised for use in order to achieve a clean install of Vista, it is only legal to use the upgrade editions if you have previously purchased the appropriate version of Windows.

Source: DailyTech

Jimmy 2004, Dec 17, 2019
  3. Windows 10 infinite restart black screen

The tutorials provided are just a list of troubleshooting steps. Use only the steps which apply to you.

Since none of the troubleshooting steps here worked, I'd suggest you do a Clean install.

John

AmericanPharaoh, Dec 17, 2019
  4. Clean Install

windows xp installation and dual core am

could someone please list the steps they follow to install windows with a dual core processor and windows xp service pack to. I'm reletively new to amd dual core and i feel i'm missing a step. All help will be appreciated. thanx

exodusprime1337, Dec 17, 2019
Thema:

Clean Install

1. Clean Install - Similar Threads - Clean Install

2. Issues w/clean install on legacy machine (Dell Precision M4600)

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Issues w/clean install on legacy machine (Dell Precision M4600): So we've just had a coronavirus scare in the household and my to-do list is starting to look more like a bucket list. Our aberrantly lumpy-headed governor is handling things pretty well, but our healthcare system was horrible before this and hurricane season is approaching....
  3. Getting a new Windows 10 computer and looking to do a clean install, but have some questions.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Getting a new Windows 10 computer and looking to do a clean install, but have some questions.: I've been doing some research about what to do with a new computer, and many are suggesting a clean windows 10 install to remove all the bloatware. That all seems fine to me, though I have a couple of questions below. I'm getting an Acer Predator Helios 300; Windows 10 Do...
  4. Reinstalling FSX-AEP on a clean Windows 10 Install on original Dell Laptop but with new SSD...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Reinstalling FSX-AEP on a clean Windows 10 Install on original Dell Laptop but with new SSD...: I keep getting an activation error on starting up Flight Simulator X FSX after trying to reinstall FSX and the Acceleration Expansion Pack AEP on a clean Windows 10 Install on an original Dell Laptop but with two new SSD drives in a RAID 0 configuration. I had installed FSX...
  5. All Apps very slow after clean install of Windows 10

All Apps very slow after clean install of Windows 10: I replaced the Harddrive in my laptop with an SSD, installed a fresh copy of windows 10. There are no apps / programs installed, Microsoft Edge is extremely slow. I downloaded Google, Firefox, this is the same. I carried out another clean install, incase something got...
  6. CRITICAL_PROCESS_DIED Blue Screen even after a Clean Install

CRITICAL_PROCESS_DIED Blue Screen even after a Clean Install: I had been getting these various blue screen errors, such as UNEXPECTED STORE EXCEPTION, and mostly CRITICAL_PROCESS_DIED. I've tried everything and eventually I did a clean install via Media Tool from a usb disk. After the start, I installed all the drivers and available...
  7. Did a clean windows 10 installation, and now a lot of problems. I'm lost.

Did a clean windows 10 installation, and now a lot of problems. I'm lost.: My user got corrupted so I decided to make a clean windows 10 install in the c partition, I waited till every update was ok and I shut down my PC after that. Today I decided to install fortnite, then I remembered I needed the graphics controller for a better experience (Amd...
  8. Windows 10 USB Clean Install Missing Drivers Issue

Windows 10 USB Clean Install Missing Drivers Issue: So recently my hard drive on my ASUS ROG gl502vs gaming laptop failed and honestly I didn't really care too much for the files on that drive as they weren't that important. Anyway, I bought a FireCuda SSHD 2.5 as a replacement for my old drive. I tried creating the Windows 10...
  9. Screen Saver settings still inaccessible on brand new clean 1909 install

in Windows 10 Customization
    Screen Saver settings still inaccessible on brand new clean 1909 install: There are many questions and "answers" about the inability to access certain cpl settings such as screen saver. The base issue seems to be a permission problem preventing rundll32 from operating correctly, as described in...
  10. Recovering files from Documents, Pictures, Etc after Clean install

Recovering files from Documents, Pictures, Etc after Clean install: So my friend had a laptop that has a Infinite Automatic startup repair which he had 2 days ago and he decided to reinstall everything. He didn't do what most people do, which is searching on the internet and check if somebody actually had the same problem and actually...