Windows 10: Clean Install

Discus and support Clean Install in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I'm trying to install Reinstall Windows 10 on my Acer Aspire E5575 off of a USB media creation tool. When asked what Drive to install on my only option... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by HulkSmash4, Feb 23, 2021 at 5:02 AM.

1. Clean Install

I'm trying to install Reinstall Windows 10 on my Acer Aspire E5575 off of a USB media creation tool. When asked what Drive to install on my only option now is drive 0 unallocated space 931.5 GB free space. When I select install i get the error message saying that windows can not be installed on this drive. Disk may fail soon and to please select another drive. Also when i select repair pc on the recovery window it says that its unable to repair my pc. I messaged with support and all they said was i needed to but a new hard drive. I would like a second opinion because the pc was working and functional a couple days ago, just was running really so which is why Initiated the reset process. Thanks for any advice.

:)

2. Clean Install Workaround for Vista

You may remember this news story on techPowerUp! a couple of days ago relating to the lack of clean installs when using the Upgrade Editions of Vista, which required an old OS to be installed. However, Paul Thurrott has managed to find a workaround for this issue, which ironically lets users do a clean install Vista without any previous version of Windows, albeit a little tedious. Here are the steps:
    • Boot from the Windows Vista Upgrade DVD as normal
    • When prompted for a product code, leave this blank
    • Select the version of Vista you have purchased and let Vista install
    • When you boot to your desktop for the first time, run the Vista setup from Windows
    • This time enter your product key
    • When asked whether you want to do an Upgrade of Custom install, select custom and choose a clean install
    • Windows will now install for a second time and you should be able to activate it
    Remember, these steps are only advised for use in order to achieve a clean install of Vista, it is only legal to use the upgrade editions if you have previously purchased the appropriate version of Windows.

Source: DailyTech

3. Windows 10 infinite restart black screen

The tutorials provided are just a list of troubleshooting steps. Use only the steps which apply to you.

Since none of the troubleshooting steps here worked, I'd suggest you do a Clean install.

John

AmericanPharaoh, Feb 23, 2021 at 5:03 AM
  4. Clean Install

windows xp installation and dual core am

could someone please list the steps they follow to install windows with a dual core processor and windows xp service pack to. I'm reletively new to amd dual core and i feel i'm missing a step. All help will be appreciated. thanx

exodusprime1337, Feb 23, 2021 at 5:03 AM
Thema:

Clean Install

1. Clean Install - Similar Threads - Clean Install

2. Can't reinstate email account after clean install

in Browsers and Email
    Can't reinstate email account after clean install: After a clean install of Win10 Version 20H2 (OS build 19042.804): 1. I have downloaded Firefox (via Internet Explorer) instead of launching Edge. 2. I have another PC on which the Win10 (same OS build) Email app works fine, so I copied the Email account details across to...
  3. Windows Update slows down laptop to point it requires clean install

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows Update slows down laptop to point it requires clean install: Hi. Ive encountered this problem for several months now. Ive had this laptop for nearly 3 years without issues beforw. However starting a xouple of months before, I started to notice a significant drop of performance. Thrn one day I started to get a blue screen with the stop...
  4. Doing clean install of Windows 10 after restart, it starts from beginning - loop

Doing clean install of Windows 10 after restart, it starts from beginning - loop: It sees the newly installed Windows files and saves them as windows.old and starts from the very beginning. I tried 3 times each time on a different drive. Loops every time..... background Dell Precision T7600 Perc8 SAS controller - three drives all formatted before...
  5. Windows 10 acting weird after clean install on SSD

Windows 10 acting weird after clean install on SSD: Hi, I recently reinstalled Windows 10 on my SSD and i'm starting to wish i would've never done that - it caused a bunch of problems for me, one of which is the following: i can't install any games from the Xbox app on my external drive a WD_Black P10 Game Drive, but i could...
  6. Windows 10 clean install

Windows 10 clean install: So, I have an Inspiron 7306 2n1 bought in November 2020 which came with Windows 10 installed however I needed to run Ubuntu and installed that. However have now stopped working on that project and want to revert to Windows 10 and two days ago I downloaded the latest Media...
  7. Windows 10 clean installation

Windows 10 clean installation: Hello. This is my first post in the community. I find it difficult to search for this particular issue and also i am using my mobile to do so since i cannot use my laptop. I own a dell vostro 2521. I was running win 7 so i thought to update to win 10. So i downloaded the...
  8. Clean install of windows 10 using USB installation media

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Clean install of windows 10 using USB installation media: Hello, After clean installation of windows 10 I have this message. your device ran into a problem and needs to restart. We are collecting some info and we will restart for you. Stop code: critical process died. Then it goes back to a blue screen that says just a moment...
  9. Clean install of windows 10 using USB installation media

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Clean install of windows 10 using USB installation media: Hello, I have to do a clean install of windows10 every 2 to 3 months now. I am doing something wrong here. My PC is a Lenovo Ideapad 320. I follow all clean install instructions but when I get to the drivers page where u have to delete them all and choose where u want to...
  10. I have a strange Problem on a clean Windows 10 Installation

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    I have a strange Problem on a clean Windows 10 Installation: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/dasNyal [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/lo90oj/i_have_a_strange_problem_on_a_clean_windows_10/