Windows 10: Clean installation by using Recovery

Discus and support Clean installation by using Recovery in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I updated to Windows 10 1903. If I uses Recovery of Setting to reinstall Windows by erasing all personal data, would it be the same as clean... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Factory Reset EFI of, Jul 16, 2019.

1. Clean installation by using Recovery

I updated to Windows 10 1903. If I uses Recovery of Setting to reinstall Windows by erasing all personal data, would it be the same as clean installation using external USB drive?

:)

Factory Reset EFI of, Jul 16, 2019

2. Clean Install Workaround for Vista

You may remember this news story on techPowerUp! a couple of days ago relating to the lack of clean installs when using the Upgrade Editions of Vista, which required an old OS to be installed. However, Paul Thurrott has managed to find a workaround for this issue, which ironically lets users do a clean install Vista without any previous version of Windows, albeit a little tedious. Here are the steps:
    • Boot from the Windows Vista Upgrade DVD as normal
    • When prompted for a product code, leave this blank
    • Select the version of Vista you have purchased and let Vista install
    • When you boot to your desktop for the first time, run the Vista setup from Windows
    • This time enter your product key
    • When asked whether you want to do an Upgrade of Custom install, select custom and choose a clean install
    • Windows will now install for a second time and you should be able to activate it
    Remember, these steps are only advised for use in order to achieve a clean install of Vista, it is only legal to use the upgrade editions if you have previously purchased the appropriate version of Windows.

Source: DailyTech

Jimmy 2004, Jul 17, 2019
  3. yogurt_21 Win User
    Data recovery software

The Big Useful List Of Free Useful Programs To Use Usually For Free

click the top spoiler and then look down to recovery.

All of the suggestions in the old threads were consolidated into that one.

yogurt_21, Jul 17, 2019
  4. Clean installation by using Recovery

Windows 10 infinite restart black screen

The tutorials provided are just a list of troubleshooting steps. Use only the steps which apply to you.

Since none of the troubleshooting steps here worked, I'd suggest you do a Clean install.

John

AmericanPharaoh, Jul 17, 2019
Thema:

Clean installation by using Recovery

1. Clean installation by using Recovery - Similar Threads - Clean installation using

2. Can I use a recovery drive for a clean windows re-install?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can I use a recovery drive for a clean windows re-install?: Hello,To best explain my question, please allow me to explain my situation.I am a college student, and for a class we will be installing a copy of Linux onto our computers. For unrelated reasons, I have come to the conclusion that it is best to install Linux onto my Personal...
  3. Can I use a recovery drive for a clean windows re-install?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can I use a recovery drive for a clean windows re-install?: Hello,To best explain my question, please allow me to explain my situation.I am a college student, and for a class we will be installing a copy of Linux onto our computers. For unrelated reasons, I have come to the conclusion that it is best to install Linux onto my Personal...
  4. Can I use a recovery drive for a clean windows re-install?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Recovery drive for a clean Windows installation

Recovery drive for a clean Windows installation: Hi! I have a laptop running Windows 10 Pro and I'd like to change my current SSD for another one.Will "Recovery Drive" tool be suitable for creating a clean Windows image to install on my new SSD? I've read that it can be used to restore Windows but I'm not sure If it will...
  6. Recovery drive for a clean Windows installation

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Recovery drive for a clean Windows installation: Hi! I have a laptop running Windows 10 Pro and I'd like to change my current SSD for another one.Will "Recovery Drive" tool be suitable for creating a clean Windows image to install on my new SSD? I've read that it can be used to restore Windows but I'm not sure If it will...
  7. Recovery drive for a clean Windows installation

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. Use DELL Recovery USB or WindowsRecovery USB for a Clean Install

Use DELL Recovery USB or WindowsRecovery USB for a Clean Install: Good morning all, I'm doing a full CLEAN lnstall, I have my Windows OS Recovery USB Prepped' and all the Original Drivers Backed up to my ExHDD' In trying to find out is if I should Use the DELL recovery USB or the Windows recovery USB? its all about installing; replacing the...
  9. data recovery after using diskpart clean

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    data recovery after using diskpart clean: My son has a Dell laptop/tablet, it originally came with Win8 installed but he upgraded to win 10. The latest windows updates caused the machine to get into a reboot cycle and he was unable to roll it back when trying to restore to an earlier point (he said it gave him a...
  10. Clean Installation - Recovery Partition Position

Clean Installation - Recovery Partition Position: Hi everyone, this is my first post and I wish to deeply thank you for giving newbies like me the chance of being here. What I did *Biggrin I performed a clean (fresh) installation of Windows 10 on different PC's, specifically two Lenovo laptops, Z50-70 and Yoga 2 13...