Windows 10: Clean Installation - Join Workgroup During Setup Stage

Discus and support Clean Installation - Join Workgroup During Setup Stage in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hello everyone. I would like to know how to join a workgroup and login as a workgroup account after formatting the computer? By default, Windows... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Tyrosine, Jan 4, 2017.

1. Tyrosine Win User

Clean Installation - Join Workgroup During Setup Stage

Hello everyone.

I would like to know how to join a workgroup and login as a workgroup account after formatting the computer?

By default, Windows setup wants to create a local account before you can log in into the Windows.

Clean Installation - Join Workgroup During Setup Stage [​IMG]

Is that possible not to create a local account and join a workgroup directly and login using a workgroup account.

Thanks.

:)

Tyrosine, Jan 4, 2017

2. Unable to setup a workgroup in windows 10

I have been trying to setup a workgroup in windows 10. Unfortunately, each time I try to create it, I am told Windows cant set up a workgroup on this computer.

The computer will not even allow me to join another workgroup even with the correct access password.

Surely it cant be a major issue to carry out what should be a simple procedure. Troubleshooters are useless.

GeorgeFordyce, Jan 4, 2017
  3. Homegroup logic loop

After the latest update of Win10 I seem to have lost my homegroup.

I get the message that there is a homegroup to join so I click on the 'join' button. Eventually I get asked for the workgroup password which was set on on the PC that is telling me I need to join the workgroup. I put the password in and after 20 minutes
    I get a message telling me that it encountered an error. I run the workgroup trobleshooter and am told that there is no problem wth the workgroup, so I go back to 'join' the workgroup already created and detected on the PC I am being told needs to join, put
    in the password again and again get told that there has been an error. This is a never ending cycle. I need to join the workgroup that was originally set up on the PC that wants me to join the workgroup,. enter the password, told there is an error, run the
    troubleshooter and get told there is no error, click join......and on and on and on it goes. Yesterday, before the update, workign perfectly well, today, after the update, screwed. Yet another typical Microsoft update, screw everything up and no one seems
    to have any answers as to why it is doing this.

annoyedinleeds, Jan 4, 2017
  4. topgundcp Win User

Skip this step-> The next step will ask you for a local account user name.
    Once done. Open Network & Sharing Center->Change Advanced Sharing, turn on network discovery, file and printer sharing, if not using password then turn off.

topgundcp, Jan 4, 2017
  5. Tyrosine Win User
    Thanks for your reply.

Let me try it later.

Thanks. *Biggrin

Tyrosine, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Clean Installation - Join Workgroup During Setup Stage - Similar Threads - Clean Installation Join

2. Crashing during clean install

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Crashing during clean install: Since my pc was acting up I've been trying to reinstall windows 10. 10 times in a row it has crashed during installation and had to start from the very beginning and crashes at different points. I've check every physical component, the UEFI settings including clearing the...
  3. BSOD during clean install

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    BSOD during clean install: Hey, I was getting a bunch of BSOD’s and decided to do a clean install of windows using MCT and a usb, everything installed fine until I got to the getting ready screen and then got a System Service Exception BSOD. This issue has been continuous and I have tried every...
  4. Clean install stages

Clean install stages: Can anyone send me here screenshots of a clean install? As i did one but i just clicked on the highlighted partition and it did the install but i think i didnt do it correctly as i think i have to click on format? is this correct?...
  5. Workgroup setup

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Workgroup setup: I have 2 pcs over one network that I want to have some sort of file sharing between them, I can’t seem to set up the workgroup properly are there any sources that can help me out? submitted by /u/Chuuubawca [link] [comments]...
  6. workgroup setup

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    workgroup setup: having trouble setting up work groups https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/workgroup-setup/fe6a049b-f9ae-431d-9feb-f8f5b4142a5d
  7. Joining Win 10 pro to domains during PC setup

Joining Win 10 pro to domains during PC setup: First off, I'm sure this has been asked before, but I couldn't seem to find the answer I was looking for in the forums, so, apologies in advance. We're standardized in Windows 7 Pro in our LAN, and are preparing to roll out new replacement PC's with Win10 Pro. My question...
  8. Skipping the Security Questions during Clean Install Setup process?

Skipping the Security Questions during Clean Install Setup process?: In case I decide to reinstall Windows 10 v1803 (or later releases) by performing a Clean Installation, how can I skip the Security Questions during the Local Windows Account setup stage? The first local account setup would be my Admin account. Then, once Windows completes the...
  9. BSOD during clean install

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD during clean install: Quick backstory: Had Windows 10 Pro running since it came out with relatively few problems. I decided it was time for a graphics upgrade so I threw in an EVGA GeForce 1060. Nvidia decided I needed new drivers and it has been all downhill since then. 1) I first got a...
  10. Setup not executing with clean install

Setup not executing with clean install: The .iso created from 17134.1 via UUP dump has the issue; I downloaded the .esd for 17134.1 and setup.exe ran at boot as expected.