Windows 10: Clean installation of Bluetooth

Discus and support Clean installation of Bluetooth in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hello everybody: I have a problem with Bluetooth, and have already tried all the basic solutions. The problem is, when Windows start, Bluetooth... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by ValentinaSV, Jul 30, 2019.

1. Clean installation of Bluetooth

Hello everybody:

I have a problem with Bluetooth, and have already tried all the basic solutions. The problem is, when Windows start, Bluetooth starts too and it even connects to the speakers if they're on, but for instance I can't see the icon in the bar below. Also, when I open the device manager, I get this picture:

Clean installation of Bluetooth da0c9d21-6b31-4e74-850a-3f3a5cdfd26f?upload=true.jpg

The Bluetooth icon displays a list of all the Bluetooth devices installed, and everything is OK, but below that, where it says other devices, you can see there are some with a question mark or the yellow triangle.

I suppose there was a problem during the installation of the driver and so I'd like to know what to do in order to uninstall and reinstall the service completely. I tried uninstalling the drivers from the device manager, but after I reboot the computer they are installed again.

The adapter I have is Atheros AR3012, I'm running Windows 10 Pro, and like I said, I've already tried all the basics. Honestly I don't want to waste any more time with possible solutions, I'd prefer a clean start.

Thanks in advance, Valentina.

:)

ValentinaSV, Jul 30, 2019

2. Clean Install Workaround for Vista

You may remember this news story on techPowerUp! a couple of days ago relating to the lack of clean installs when using the Upgrade Editions of Vista, which required an old OS to be installed. However, Paul Thurrott has managed to find a workaround for this issue, which ironically lets users do a clean install Vista without any previous version of Windows, albeit a little tedious. Here are the steps:
    • Boot from the Windows Vista Upgrade DVD as normal
    • When prompted for a product code, leave this blank
    • Select the version of Vista you have purchased and let Vista install
    • When you boot to your desktop for the first time, run the Vista setup from Windows
    • This time enter your product key
    • When asked whether you want to do an Upgrade of Custom install, select custom and choose a clean install
    • Windows will now install for a second time and you should be able to activate it
    Remember, these steps are only advised for use in order to achieve a clean install of Vista, it is only legal to use the upgrade editions if you have previously purchased the appropriate version of Windows.

Source: DailyTech

Jimmy 2004, Jul 30, 2019
  3. elwin133 Win User
    Asus X205TA clean install but no bluetooth device found

Was running Win10 with bluetooth perfectly well until a virus hit.
    Used Malwarebytes recovery and it found a couple thousand issues. Told it to fix everything and computer bricked.
    Took it to a local tech while on vacation in Mexico. Had a clean Win10 install done. It was a problem for the tech. He seems to have turned off UEFI to get legacy USB to work so he could clean install Win10. My only problem is no bluetooth.
    Device Manager does not list Bluetooth.
    Settings: Devices: does not list Bluetooth on the left side.
    I installed current Broadcom Bluetooth driver and it said successful.
    I checked Services and it says Bluetooth Support Service is running. And Bluetooth Handsfree Service is also running.
    Tried uninstalling wireless device, and that didn't help.
    Please.

elwin133, Jul 30, 2019
  4. Clean installation of Bluetooth

Windows 10 infinite restart black screen

The tutorials provided are just a list of troubleshooting steps. Use only the steps which apply to you.

Since none of the troubleshooting steps here worked, I'd suggest you do a Clean install.

John

AmericanPharaoh, Jul 30, 2019
Thema:

Clean installation of Bluetooth

1. Clean installation of Bluetooth - Similar Threads - Clean installation Bluetooth

2. Bluetooth won't pair after clean install of Windows 11.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Bluetooth won't pair after clean install of Windows 11.: Had a corruption issue and had to perform a clean reinstall of win 11.Had no problem discovering and connecting my usb dongle to my Sony headphones prior to reinstall.Since the install and through subsequent updates, it will not connect for more than a moment and often fails...
  3. Clean install of Windows 10 20H2 - Will not install bluetooth driver.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Clean install of Windows 10 20H2 - Will not install bluetooth driver.: Hello,I decided to do a clean re-install of Windows 10 from an image because I was having trouble with the system crashing when it with either going to sleep or shutting down, and I was unable to resolve it.I now have it up and running and so far, so good, no crashing. But...
  4. Bluetooth not working after a Windows 10 Clean installation

Bluetooth not working after a Windows 10 Clean installation: I updated from windows 8 to 10 and lost my Bluetooth drivers Bluetooth doesn't work now, it did before. Bluetooth doesn't appear in my Device Manager, and there are no unknown devices listed. I have followed the advice on:-...
  5. clean installation

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    clean installation: I have a Windows 7 Dell PC...have the free upgrade to Windows 10 (did this a couple years ago) Now I am having problems with installing new updates (1809 and 1903) after downloading and restart. Have uninstalled 3rd party anti virus, updated all drivers, have made at least...
  6. Lost Bluetooth functionality with "clean install" of Windows 10

Lost Bluetooth functionality with "clean install" of Windows 10: I installed Win10 with the “Windows 10 installation media” DVD over the top of Win8.1, deleting all the partitions (as now there were 5 partitions) and made a "clean install" of Windows10 into the resulting "Drive 0 Unallocated Space". This wiped some hardware drivers, at...
  7. Asus X205TA clean install but no bluetooth device found

Asus X205TA clean install but no bluetooth device found: Was running Win10 with bluetooth perfectly well until a virus hit. Used Malwarebytes recovery and it found a couple thousand issues. Told it to fix everything and computer bricked. Took it to a local tech while on vacation in Mexico. Had a clean Win10 install done. It was...
  8. Clean Install

Clean Install: Hello I am going to do a clean install of windows 10 but I have a few questions. Im still busy making space on the computer's hard disk and also on an external drive (for backup purposes) Since I belong to the insider program the latest build that I currently have is...
  9. Clean Install

Clean Install: I upgraded both of my PC's from Windows 8.1 Pro. If I want to do a clean install from a USB drive do I need one from each PC or will one work with both? 13120
  10. Clean install or not

Clean install or not: I installed W10 over virgin copies of W7 Pro on two computers. After a clean disk to get rid of all install files I will have pretty much a clean install. What would be the advantage to now do a complete clean install ? Everything seems to be working ok. 12715