Windows 10: Clean installation of windows 10 - Can a hard drive infect the bootable usb?

Discus and support Clean installation of windows 10 - Can a hard drive infect the bootable usb? in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hello everyone, I will be installing a clean installation of windows 10 for the first time on one of my computers. From looking at online... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by yanty34, Jun 19, 2019.

1. yanty34 Win User

Clean installation of windows 10 - Can a hard drive infect the bootable usb?

Hello everyone,

I will be installing a clean installation of windows 10 for the first time on one of my computers.

From looking at online tutorials/articles its been said to help eradicate malware and allows a clean copy of windows 10 to be installed.

After playing around with the computer I know which key is needed to enter the uefi when i start my computer.

I plan to reinstall by using the usb approach but noticed that my computer won't change the boot order for my usb unless the usb is inserted (when the usb is not inserted into the computer the uefi does not list any usbs as a boot option).

I plan to do the following:

1) Turn off computer

2) Plug in usb

3) Turn on computer then immedialetly spam the trigger key which will allow me to enter the uefi.

What confuses me is when i start my computer to enter uefi couldn't malware infect the bootable usb since the computer is now turned on?

I've tried looking for answers online but could not find any.

Sorry about the novice question I'm not knowledgeable with computers and not tech savy.

A simple explanation and/or answer would be incredible and i would be so grateful.

yanty34

:)

yanty34, Jun 19, 2019
  2. Agility Win User

Multi-bootable USB

Hey guys from TPU, couldn't find any specific thread pertaining to the question asked on title. As mentioned, I'm trying to create a bootable USB, but with many specifics boots available.

I've been trying to create one with multiple boot device including one that enables me to run Windows 10 directly on the USB Thumb Drive but to no avail.

The list of bootable images i'm trying to create are

1. Windows 10 (A full OS running from thumb drive)
    2. Windows 10 ISO (Bootable disk image for fresh install)
    3. MemTest86+

Have tried YUMI or UUI from the website USB PenDrive Linux but as this is my first time, i don't know how am i screwing up or am doing it right.. Anyone got a rough idea on a step by step guide? Thanks!

Agility, Jun 26, 2019
  3. yanty34 Win User

Hello everyone,

I will be installing a clean installation of windows 10 for the first time on one of my computers.

From looking at online tutorials/articles its been said to help eradicate malware and allows a clean copy of windows 10 to be installed.

After playing around with the computer I know which key is needed to enter the uefi when i start my computer.

I plan to reinstall by using the usb approach but noticed that my computer won't change the boot order for my usb unless the usb is inserted (when the usb is not inserted into the computer the uefi does not list any usbs as a boot option).

I plan to do the following:

1) Turn off computer

2) Plug in usb

3) Turn on computer then immedialetly spam the trigger key which will allow me to enter the uefi.

What confuses me is when i start my computer to enter uefi couldn't malware infect the bootable usb since the computer is now turned on?

I've tried looking for answers online but could not find any.

Sorry about the novice question I'm not knowledgeable with computers and not tech savy.

A simple explanation and/or answer would be incredible and i would be so grateful.

yanty34, Jun 26, 2019
  4. DaveM121 Win User

Hi yanty34

Rest assured your method is correct and there is no chance of cross infection from UEFI or your hard drive to the USB Flash Drive

DaveM121, Jun 26, 2019
Thema:

1. Clean installation of windows 10 - Can a hard drive infect the bootable usb? - Similar Threads - Clean installation hard

2. creating USB BOOTABLE MEDIA for clean install of windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    creating USB BOOTABLE MEDIA for clean install of windows 10: hi, i want to perform a clean install of windows 10 on newly installed SSD on my laptop.my SSD is M.2 SATA SSD 500gbSO, I downloaded the ISO file from microsoft and while creating 'USB BOOTABLE MEDIA" on my 128gb pendrive using "RUFUS" software , there are two options -one is...
  3. Bootable windows USB for infected laptop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Bootable windows USB for infected laptop: A few months back I made a forum for a infected laptop of mine that had unrestricted access that I full reinstalled I think it still does have unrestricted...
  4. Bootable windows USB for infected laptop

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Bootable windows USB for infected laptop: A few months back I made a forum for a infected laptop of mine that had unrestricted access that I full reinstalled I think it still does have unrestricted...
  5. USB bootable drive not installing windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    USB bootable drive not installing windows 10: Trying to do a clean install of Windows 10 with USB bootable onto new SSD.When the PC starts it loads to black screen with blinking cursor to the windows logo and runs an infinite loop back to the beginning of bios.I have tried the USB bootable with my SSD on another PC and...
  6. USB bootable drive not installing windows 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    USB bootable drive not installing windows 10: Trying to do a clean install of Windows 10 with USB bootable onto new SSD.When the PC starts it loads to black screen with blinking cursor to the windows logo and runs an infinite loop back to the beginning of bios.I have tried the USB bootable with my SSD on another PC and...
  7. USB bootable drive not installing windows 10

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  8. Can a virus infect a bootable USB flash drive and install along with the system?

Can a virus infect a bootable USB flash drive and install along with the system?: A bootable Windows 10 flash drive created with the Media Creation Tool on a device with an unknown security level. If the device is infected with a virus, can it infect the bootable USB flash drive and install it along with the system?...
  9. clean installation windows 10 without usb bootable drive. is it possible?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    clean installation windows 10 without usb bootable drive. is it possible?: i have the .iso ready. i just want to perform windows installation from 0, i dont want to upgrade current windows. i want a complete installation like a new machine without os. submitted by /u/alice_zero [link] [comments]...
  10. Clean installaton - Can a hard drive infect the bootable usb?

Clean installaton - Can a hard drive infect the bootable usb?: Hi everyone I'm new to the forums *Smile , I'm not knowledgable with computers and the like so please don't mind me asking this question. I soon will be installing a clean installation of windows 10 on one of my computers (and doing a clean installation for the first time...