Windows 10: Clean Installation of Windows 10 help

Discus and support Clean Installation of Windows 10 help in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hello, I am trying to perform a clean install of Windows 10. My PC originally came with Windows 8 and was upgraded when Windows 10 was offered... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Conwayfan98, Feb 8, 2019.

1. Clean Installation of Windows 10 help

Hello,

I am trying to perform a clean install of Windows 10. My PC originally came with Windows 8 and was upgraded when Windows 10 was offered for free. My device is linked with my Microsoft account so my product key is secure. I have read tutorials that I should delete all Partitions, but some of them seem important. It looks like some of them are from the computers manufacturer, and I don't want to delete something that would cause the computer to malfunction. Please take a look at this at give me some advise on what I should and shouldn't delete. Your help is greatly appreciated.

Clean Installation of Windows 10 help [​IMG]

Clean Installation of Windows 10 help [​IMG]

:)

Conwayfan98, Feb 8, 2019

2. windows xp installation and dual core am

could someone please list the steps they follow to install windows with a dual core processor and windows xp service pack to. I'm reletively new to amd dual core and i feel i'm missing a step. All help will be appreciated. thanx

exodusprime1337, Feb 8, 2019
  3. Delta6326 Win User
    Delta6326, Feb 8, 2019
  4. Clean Installation of Windows 10 help

Clean Install Workaround for Vista

You may remember this news story on techPowerUp! a couple of days ago relating to the lack of clean installs when using the Upgrade Editions of Vista, which required an old OS to be installed. However, Paul Thurrott has managed to find a workaround for this issue, which ironically lets users do a clean install Vista without any previous version of Windows, albeit a little tedious. Here are the steps:
    • Boot from the Windows Vista Upgrade DVD as normal
    • When prompted for a product code, leave this blank
    • Select the version of Vista you have purchased and let Vista install
    • When you boot to your desktop for the first time, run the Vista setup from Windows
    • This time enter your product key
    • When asked whether you want to do an Upgrade of Custom install, select custom and choose a clean install
    • Windows will now install for a second time and you should be able to activate it
    Remember, these steps are only advised for use in order to achieve a clean install of Vista, it is only legal to use the upgrade editions if you have previously purchased the appropriate version of Windows.

Source: DailyTech

Jimmy 2004, Feb 8, 2019
Thema:

Clean Installation of Windows 10 help

1. Clean Installation of Windows 10 help - Similar Threads - Clean Installation help

2. Need Help with Clean Windows 10 Installation

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Need Help with Clean Windows 10 Installation: My PC's OS (Windows 10, 64-bit) is not booting and it was recommended that I download the Windows 10 Disc Image ISO. Following the link on this subreddit, I was able to follow the instructions and download the ISO, but it can't seem to transfer it to a USB, even though the...
  3. Help Required for Windows 10 Clean Installation

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Help Required for Windows 10 Clean Installation: Hi All I have just built myself a brand new PC. It is based on the AMD Ryzen 5 2600 CPU using a Gigabyte GA-B450 Gaming X Motherboard. Included is a WD Blue 500GB PCIe M.2 SSD and 32GB of Kingston HyperX DDR4-2666Mhz RAM. The motherboard supports M.2 PCI3 x4 SSD and 32GB of...
  4. Windows 10 clean install help requested.

Windows 10 clean install help requested.: Hey everybody, Sorry for the text wall but I've gotten myself into a bit of a situation I'm trying to install Windows 10 on a custom built PC from a USB Boot device. Each time I try to install in runs for about 4-5hours getting through the initial setup, product code...
  5. Help with clean install

Help with clean install: Hi guys so I have just built my first PC with the following specs - i5 9600k @ 3.7Ghz MSI Z390-A Pro ATX LGA1151 Motherboard Crucial Ballistix 16GB RAM WD Blue 500Gb NVMe SSD Toshiba P300 3TB SSD GeForce RTX 2080 Super 8GB Silverstone Essential 750W 80+ Gold PSU First of...
  6. Clean Install help

Clean Install help: I was following the clean install without external device procedures. I shrunk my c:/ , and created a new partition. Now I have 2 extra partitions I didnt create. And something had went wrong with diskpart because when I ran the for diskpart or chkdsk I get an error saying...
  7. Clean Installation of Windows 10 help

Clean Installation of Windows 10 help: Hello, I am trying to perform a clean install of Windows 10. My PC originally came with Windows 8 and was upgraded when Windows 10 was offered for free. My device is linked with my Microsoft account so my product key is secure. I have read tutorials that I should delete...
  8. Need help in clean installation of windows 10

Need help in clean installation of windows 10: My computer came with Windows 8.1 (64-bit) and then did upgrade to windows 10 Recently wanted to do the clean installation of windows 10 so downloaded the windows 10 from microsoft and created iso file of it. while clean installation process found this Name Total Size Free...
  9. [help with partition] Clean installing windows 10

[help with partition] Clean installing windows 10: Hi I recently upgraded my laptop, specifically "Acer aspire v5-473pg" into windows 10 and now I'm trying to do a clean install. The problem is there's a lot of partition on the partition menu when proceeding into a clean install and I don't know a lot about them. My laptop...
  10. Need help with a clean Windows 10 install

Need help with a clean Windows 10 install: After using a Microsoft account to login to Windows, then deciding to switch to a local profile, and giving myself Admin privileges, my Windows permissions are so messed up I've decided to start with a clean install. I tried reinstalling Windows hoping to fix some of these...