Windows 10: Clean installed win 10 pro 1909. New Folder in ribbon, nothing happens

Discus and support Clean installed win 10 pro 1909. New Folder in ribbon, nothing happens in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; clean installed 1909. New Folder in explorer ribbon does nothing. Does not create new folder. It is not grayed out. Right click menu does not have... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by link626, Apr 1, 2020.

1. link626 Win User

Clean installed win 10 pro 1909. New Folder in ribbon, nothing happens

clean installed 1909.

New Folder in explorer ribbon does nothing. Does not create new folder. It is not grayed out.

Right click menu does not have New folder option either.

Added the registry entry in HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Directory\Background\shellex\ContextMenuHandlers\New
    {D969A300-E7FF-11d0-A93B-00A0C90F2719}

rebooted a bunch of times, and still, all users cannot create new folder.

The only way to make a folder is by command line.

help. this is pissing me off

:)

link626, Apr 1, 2020

2. Windows 10 pro 1903 will not update to Win 10 Pro 1909

Notes:

1) Computer originaly used Win 7 Pro OA (OEM)

2) Reformatted the HD

3) Used Win10 Pro version 1903 to install on the Win 7 Pro OA (OEM) based computer.

4) Used the OA Product Key that was listed on the Computers Case.

5) Installation completed.
    Program confirms activation is valid.

6) Win 10 Pro will not list an available upgrade to Win 10 pro version 1909.

Sparkey1000, Apr 1, 2020
  3. rrmag Win User
    Ribbon "New Folder" doesn't work

In Explorer, my Home ribbon's "New Folder" button doesn't do anything. I can right click and select New->Folder and it works fine, just not from the ribbon. I'm running Windows 10 Pro. Any ideas?

rrmag, Apr 1, 2020
  4. Clean installed win 10 pro 1909. New Folder in ribbon, nothing happens

Clean Windows 10 (?PRO?) install

Hello guys,

I'm planning to get a new graphics card and lets just go ahead and do a clean install aswell. Now I have bought a windows PRO key online and my running OS is windows PRO. Now I want to set up my usb to make a clean install. I wanted to use the windows tool to download the PRO version but its not in the drop down box. I have tried selecting different languages but I still couldn't find it. Now my question is, can I use my pro key on a normal windows 10? If so, my problem is solved. If not, how can I download the pro version from the tool?

UPDATE::

Apperently when the install is happening, windows will select the right version depending on the product key version. So PROBLEM SOLVED *Smile Clean installed win 10 pro 1909. New Folder in ribbon, nothing happens :)

JeroenBeunckens, Apr 1, 2020
Thema:

Clean installed win 10 pro 1909. New Folder in ribbon, nothing happens

1. Clean installed win 10 pro 1909. New Folder in ribbon, nothing happens - Similar Threads - Clean installed pro

2. Win 10 pro new install

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Win 10 pro new install: Okay so building a new computer for the first time, I bought a win 10 pro OEM disc with key off of Amazon. Can I just install win 10 pro with a flash drive, than just enter the key from the disk to activate? Or do I need to hook up an external disk drive to run the CD to...
  3. Clean install win 10 Pro

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Clean install win 10 Pro: Hello, I'm not a power user or well practiced on or in computing. I have a Lenovo E570 laptop with Win 10Pro V1903 It has two SSD's. I'd like to clean install a new copy of Win 10 Pro. I've got both drives backed up on an external drive. When it comes time to restore...
  4. Clean install win 10 Pro

in Windows 10 Support
    Clean install win 10 Pro: Hello, I'm not a power user or well practiced on or in computing. I have a Lenovo E570 laptop with Win 10Pro V1903 It has two SSD's. I'd like to clean install a new copy of Win 10 Pro. I've got both drives backed up on an external drive. When it comes time to restore...
  5. 1909 clean install - list pro licence

1909 clean install - list pro licence: Hope someone can help here. I have an HP spectre which originally came with Windows 8 home. Upgraded free to windows 10 by clean install. It was running 1903. I had a Windows 10 pro licence from my old laptop which died and I linked the Windows 10 pro licence to the HP...
  6. New Win 10 PC - clean install?

in Windows 10 Support
    New Win 10 PC - clean install?: I just purchased a new Win10 desktop. Now, beeing a longtime Win 7 power user I have read numerous advices to do a "Clean re-install" of the OS to get rid of all the crap, bloatware and things I dont need. And f.ex customize privacy and telemetry etc. But I'm a little...
  7. Clean install Win-10 Pro on NVMe

Clean install Win-10 Pro on NVMe: Hello, Got a Lenovo Thinkpad P50 with 1TB NVMe and Win-10 Home. Made an image and now would like to clean install my retail Win-10 Pro on it. What should I keep in mind while installing OS on a NVMe drive? Overprovisioning? TRIM? Win-10 Index disable? Win-10 defrag...
  8. New SSD clean Install Win 10 Pro 64bit

New SSD clean Install Win 10 Pro 64bit: Hi Everybody, In about 2-3 weeks I will get a new SSD Samsung 850 EVO Basic MZ-75E2T0 2TB to replace my too small SSD of the same brand. I am running Win 10 Pro 64-bit fully licensed and I have all the keys like Product ID, Installed Key, Original Key, Original Edition...
  9. New clean install on Win 7 Pro Key

New clean install on Win 7 Pro Key: Hi New install of Win 10 Pro appears to have installed all drivers, chipset, graphics audio etc. I previously downloaded all updated drivers that supported Windows 10. Would it be wise to update them or should I stick with the defaults that Windows has installed?...
  10. Clean WIn 10 Pro Install

Clean WIn 10 Pro Install: Got a new dell with Win 10 Pro. I am putting in a new SSD and want to do a clean install. Is this the correct MS download? https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/soft...load/windows10 It downloads the media creation tool. Then options are Win 10, Win 10 Home, and Win 10 N....