Windows 10: Clean installing keep failing

Discus and support Clean installing keep failing in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; As it say in the title, windows 10 keep failing during installation. I tried with the Windows Media Tool and with an ISO and rufus. It keep failing at... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/TheStickerQc, Nov 16, 2020.

1. Clean installing keep failing

As it say in the title, windows 10 keep failing during installation. I tried with the Windows Media Tool and with an ISO and rufus. It keep failing at the last stage, which say "being completed". It does install,as I can see in the window to install Windows,the ssd started at 111.6 go and is now at 101.8 go,but it is inaccessible.

submitted by /u/TheStickerQc
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/TheStickerQc, Nov 16, 2020

2. Clean Install Workaround for Vista

You may remember this news story on techPowerUp! a couple of days ago relating to the lack of clean installs when using the Upgrade Editions of Vista, which required an old OS to be installed. However, Paul Thurrott has managed to find a workaround for this issue, which ironically lets users do a clean install Vista without any previous version of Windows, albeit a little tedious. Here are the steps:
    • Boot from the Windows Vista Upgrade DVD as normal
    • When prompted for a product code, leave this blank
    • Select the version of Vista you have purchased and let Vista install
    • When you boot to your desktop for the first time, run the Vista setup from Windows
    • This time enter your product key
    • When asked whether you want to do an Upgrade of Custom install, select custom and choose a clean install
    • Windows will now install for a second time and you should be able to activate it
    Remember, these steps are only advised for use in order to achieve a clean install of Vista, it is only legal to use the upgrade editions if you have previously purchased the appropriate version of Windows.

Source: DailyTech

Jimmy 2004, Nov 16, 2020
  3. chideock Win User
    KB4025339 Fails Install 0x80070564

Thanks
    I am trying Eagle 51's suggestions now. Windows Update troubleshooter found a bunch of errors and fixed all but one.The update is trying to download KB4025339 again. I'll see what happens. At step one troubleshooter finishes with one error unresolved "Potential Windows Update Database Error Detected-Not Fixed". Windows update stalled at 0%.

At step 2 same troubleshooter error. The KB finished a new download failed to install.
    Did step 3 KB has downloaded but fails to install.

If Eagle's suggestion doesn't work I'll try EdTittel's suggestion

Tried bothe Eagle & Ed 's suggestions - do not work. Anyone else?

I have noticed that the latest update for my nvidia drivers has failed to update. Wondering about that!

chideock, Nov 16, 2020
  4. Clean installing keep failing

Windows 10 infinite restart black screen

The tutorials provided are just a list of troubleshooting steps. Use only the steps which apply to you.

Since none of the troubleshooting steps here worked, I'd suggest you do a Clean install.

John

AmericanPharaoh, Nov 16, 2020
Thema:

Clean installing keep failing

1. Clean installing keep failing - Similar Threads - Clean installing keep

2. Windows update keeps failing, even after clean install.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows update keeps failing, even after clean install.: A few days ago, my laptop updated, but then failed to load windows. It cycled twice with a message saying failed to and windows was collecting some details. The third time it took me to a recovery menu. None of the the repair or rollback options worked. In order to use a...
  3. Windows update keeps failing, even after clean install.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows update keeps failing, even after clean install.: A few days ago, my laptop updated, but then failed to load windows. It cycled twice with a message saying failed to and windows was collecting some details. The third time it took me to a recovery menu. None of the the repair or rollback options worked. In order to use a...
  4. Windows update keeps failing, even after clean install.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Windows 10 Clean Install Failing

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows 10 Clean Install Failing: I have the current setup: MoBo: ASRock X570 Steel Legend (AM4) CPU: Ryzen 5 3600 GPU: GTX960 RAM: 16Gb Patriot Viper 3200MHz 2x8Gb Storage: Samsung 970 Evo 1 Tb M.2 NVME All devices are seen in BIOS. I am booting with a Windows 10 bootable USB device, created using the...
  6. Failed Windows 10 Clean Install...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Failed Windows 10 Clean Install...: Jesus Christ, my high-end PC might be in a really bad state. Could be a really bad virus. I tried to startup repair. PC restarts with a black screen. I tried to uninstall the previous Windows update. Black screen. Latest windows update won't install and comes out with an...
  7. Failing clean Windows 10 Install

Failing clean Windows 10 Install: Hello. I am at my wit's end with trying to figure out why I can't get a clean install of Windows 10. Figured I'd try this before taking to the shop to spend money I don't have :) I have a HP 14-AL062NR laptop. I've had it for a few years and used it heavily. About a month...
  8. Updates keep failing to install

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Updates keep failing to install: I've been trying install some updates, but when I try to so, it starts at 2%, then 3% then nothing. So far Ive tried the local troubleshooting options, but that didnt help. https://i.imgur.com/xuXuVPI.png https://i.imgur.com/oTznFGv.png 96132
  9. Clean install fails activation

Clean install fails activation: I have a HP desktop with W-7 that the HD is failing. (Almost failed) I can't do a clone or a system image. I installed a new HD and booted from my latest USB Upgrade from the Windows Media Creation tool. I skipped the activation as it installed. Now when I use the...
  10. clean install of Windows 10 fails

clean install of Windows 10 fails: Hi all, This is my first time posting in the forums and i am hoping you all will be able to help me. I am using the "Clean Install" guide from TenForums found here. During the installation when i arrive to step 13b (Windows Setup will automatically create the 4...