Windows 10: Clean installing windows 10 from within windows [Without CD or USB]

Discus and support Clean installing windows 10 from within windows [Without CD or USB] in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I am asking this to help a friend remotely. I have personally done this before with older versions of windows (probably win 95 or 98) by copying the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by rezpower, Jul 12, 2020.

1. rezpower Win User

Clean installing windows 10 from within windows [Without CD or USB]

I am asking this to help a friend remotely. I have personally done this before with older versions of windows (probably win 95 or 98) by copying the content of the iso on a drive (Not system drive C: , But on D: for example ) and run setup.exe from windows. Dose anyone know if this will still work and if it is OK to do it this way ?

Reason is my friend is not able to make his bios boot with usb stick!

:)

rezpower, Jul 12, 2020
  2. thraxed Win User

Installing windows off of a USB stick

Step By Step from vista:
    From admin cmd prompt

1. diskpart
    1a. list disk
    2. select disk 1 (replace 1 with your usb drive)
    3. clean
    4. create partition primary
    5. select partition 1 (replace 1 with your usb drive)
    6. active
    7. format fs=fat32
    8. assign
    9. exit

Copy Windows Vista's DVD ROM content to the Flash Drive

xcopy d:\*.* /s/e/f e:\ (d being your vista cd and e being your usb stick)

And that's it, boot off your usb disk

thraxed, Jul 12, 2020
  3. Delta6326 Win User
    Delta6326, Jul 12, 2020
  4. CK011885 Win User

Installing Windows 10 on New PC?

I'm going to be building a new PC on Christmas and want to install Windows 10 on it. I have Windows 10 on my current PC, which I installed upgrading from 8.1 with the files on a USB. How do I go about installing a clean copy of Windows 10 on this new PC? I think I recall something about installing it once makes Microsoft recognize your hardware, but since this will be a PC I'm not sure what steps I need to take. Do I need to go 8.1 -> 10 or is there a method of going directly to 10?

CK011885, Jul 12, 2020
Thema:

1. Clean installing windows 10 from within windows [Without CD or USB] - Similar Threads - Clean installing within

2. Clean install without USB

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Clean install without USB: Is there a way to clean install Windows 11 without USB?Other than the recovery option in settings https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/clean-install-without-usb/965b2b43-ef13-4cc5-a5db-d9748556f323
  3. Clean install without USB

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Clean install without USB: Is there a way to clean install Windows 11 without USB?Other than the recovery option in settings https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/clean-install-without-usb/965b2b43-ef13-4cc5-a5db-d9748556f323
  4. How to Clean Install Windows 10 Without USB or DVD

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to Clean Install Windows 10 Without USB or DVD: How to Clean Install Windows 10 Without USB or DVD. I want to Know This Method Because I Want to Clean Install Windows 10 but I don't have USB or DVD. Please Help Me.Thanks For Any Help!...
  5. How to Clean Install Windows 10 Without USB or DVD

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to Clean Install Windows 10 Without USB or DVD: How to Clean Install Windows 10 Without USB or DVD. I want to Know This Method Because I Want to Clean Install Windows 10 but I don't have USB or DVD. Please Help Me.Thanks For Any Help!...
  6. How to Clean Install Windows 10 Without USB or DVD

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  7. Install windows 10 without cd/usb

Install windows 10 without cd/usb: Hi there! I want to install windows 10 64-bit on my second laptop because it came with endless os pre-installed. The problem is that the laptop doesn't have any cd/dvd "drive/room" and i don't have any usb flash drive. So my question is: Is it possible to...
  8. Installing WIndows 10 to SSD without USB or CD

Installing WIndows 10 to SSD without USB or CD: i want to know if it's possible to do a fresh install on my SSD without USB or CD drive while i use my Laptop, i know i need to remove the HDD before booting into the OS in SSD. And if i can, can someone provide step by step guide?...
  9. Windows 10 clean install from usb

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows 10 clean install from usb: I’m trying to do a clean install on a new PC using a USB. Anyone know how to get around the media driver missing? I tried the unplug and plug method. I’m at a loss? submitted by /u/jcoope40 [link] [comments]...
  10. Need Windows 10 CD for clean install

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Need Windows 10 CD for clean install: Is one available yet? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/need-windows-10-cd-for-clean-install/4803c519-98ea-4408-a1e6-7ab694180c63"