Windows 10: Clean installing Windows 10 on a PC SSD with GPT partition

Discus and support Clean installing Windows 10 on a PC SSD with GPT partition in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hi! I'm planning to do a clean install of Windows 10 on my malfunctioning PC it already came with Windows 10 and is now more than a year old. I've... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by [chae], Sep 5, 2021.

1. [chae] Win User

Clean installing Windows 10 on a PC SSD with GPT partition

Hi! I'm planning to do a clean install of Windows 10 on my malfunctioning PC it already came with Windows 10 and is now more than a year old. I've backed up all my personal files and researched about the process, but I remain confused. I have a few questions that I hope someone could clear up for me.In creating the installation media: is it better to download it directly to a USB flash drive or use another app e.g. Rufus to make sure it's compatible and bootable for my PC?I saw others were unable to clean install Windows 10 on a GPT partitioned drive. How can I make sure this doesn't happe

:)

[chae], Sep 5, 2021

2. Windows 10 clean install mess up partitions?

I had no issues upgrading from your exact OS Windows 8.1 Pro 64-bit to Windows 10. All my partitions from 2 SSD's and 3 HDD's were fine. Windows 10 even kept the custom names I have for the various drives. A clean install on your SSD shouldn't affect your 2TB drive.

InhaleOblivion, Sep 5, 2021
  3. Carsomyr Win User
    Partition SSD during windows 10 install

I'm assembling a new PC and running a fresh windows 10 install. I'd like to know how to partition the ssd into 2 separate partitions during the windows install (I'm using a bootable usb drive to install Windows).

I want to know if I need to input specific settings for those partitions or if it's all automatic?

I need one partition for Windows on and another for my documents. The ssd has 960gb size.

So I'm guessing it has about 60gb over-provisionning. I could leave out a bit more, but it probably doesn't matter that much

Carsomyr, Sep 5, 2021
  4. Clean installing Windows 10 on a PC SSD with GPT partition

Windows 10 clean install mess up partitions?

If I do a clean install of Windows 10, will it mess up the partitions I have on my 2TB drive?

MxPhenom 216, Sep 5, 2021
Thema:

Clean installing Windows 10 on a PC SSD with GPT partition

1. Clean installing Windows 10 on a PC SSD with GPT partition - Similar Threads - Clean installing SSD

2. issue during installation windows 10 in gpt partition

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    issue during installation windows 10 in gpt partition: hi every one, i have an unusual problem while i try to install new windows on my system , when i try to install windows 10 in gpt partition via flash memory format ntfs and booted in rufus via gpt mode install progress untill 72 percent and then its restart means start...
  3. windows 10 cannot install to this GPT PARTITION DISK

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    windows 10 cannot install to this GPT PARTITION DISK: WINDOWS 10 cannot install to GPT partition style disk. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-cannot-install-to-this-gpt-partition/3e7db08c-e8fa-4435-a422-83948e1d86a0
  4. New PC, 500gb SSD and 4tb HDD, need to install GPT partitions? and how

New PC, 500gb SSD and 4tb HDD, need to install GPT partitions? and how: So I've bought all my parts and stuff, I'm overall pretty familiar with PCs But I've heard you need to use GPT to use the full 4TB of my harddrive. I'm installing windows on the SSD of course, so I was wondering how do I set up this GPT stuff, and do I need to set it up on...
  5. Installing Windows 10 on GPT partition

Installing Windows 10 on GPT partition: I've a Lenovo IdeaPad 110 Laptop which is currently running windows 10 on MBR partition. I want to do a clean install to change the partition type to GPT (My lap supports UEFI). How do i do that ?...
  6. Can't Install Windows 10 to a GPT Partition

Can't Install Windows 10 to a GPT Partition: I'm pulling my hair out here. PROBLEM: Can't install Windows 10 x64 from an OEM disk ... to a Samsung 850 EVO 500Gb SSD ... on a GPT partition. It installs instead on a MBR partition. SPECS: Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-Z170X-Gaming 7 Bios version: F4 SSD: Samsung...
  7. New SSD - Clean Install - 3 (???) Partitions Created!

New SSD - Clean Install - 3 (???) Partitions Created!: Normally I Partition my drives myself using Gparted. With a Fresh out of the box (Not even formatted) I wanted to see what Win10 would do with the drive. It created 3 partitions (Which surprised me). I expected an EFI partition, and the OS partition, but I didn't expect...
  8. GPT Partition Style Problem for Clean Install of Windows 10

GPT Partition Style Problem for Clean Install of Windows 10: Having upgrade Windows 8.1 to W10, I wish to now do a clean install, but cannot install over current installation due to it being a GPT Partition style boot. I have heard this can be deleted and replaced with MBR but then will I have to format the partition? 16662
  9. Cannot install Windows to GPT partition

Cannot install Windows to GPT partition: I have Windows 10 Pro installed on a partition of an SSD (one of four partitions; the other three being rather small and, I suppose, created by Windows 10 itself during the previous installation procedure. I attempted to reinstall Windows 10 to this partition but Windows...
  10. GPT Partition Style preventing Windows 10 Installation

GPT Partition Style preventing Windows 10 Installation: I just built a custom pc with a new mobo. The hdd is used and has 8.1 on it which is not legal on this mobo. I can't really afford to buy 8.1 again. Especially since 10 is free. I burnt 10 to a disk and when I try doing a clean install I get a problem with GPT message...