Windows 10: Clean Installing Windows 10

Discus and support Clean Installing Windows 10 in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I've tried to install windows 10 to my nvme m.2, but it won't install. I had installed it before onto that same drive, but a windows file had corrupted... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by ArjunAgravat, May 21, 2020.

1. Clean Installing Windows 10

I've tried to install windows 10 to my nvme m.2, but it won't install. I had installed it before onto that same drive, but a windows file had corrupted and I had repaired it using cmd, then did a system reset erasing all the files. It was later that day that it kept on giving me the BSOD and windows couldn't troubleshoot or repair, and it wouldn't let me do a restore or reset. As I was installing windows I keep getting error code 0x8007025D, I used many videos to fix the code, but it wouldn't work. The volume that I'm trying to install windows on is a pagefile thing so it won't let me clean it or install anything on it. I had called Microsoft tech support, but they hung up on me after asking what my issue was.

:)

ArjunAgravat, May 21, 2020
  2. Delta6326 Win User
    Delta6326, May 21, 2020
  3. Clean Install Workaround for Vista

You may remember this news story on techPowerUp! a couple of days ago relating to the lack of clean installs when using the Upgrade Editions of Vista, which required an old OS to be installed. However, Paul Thurrott has managed to find a workaround for this issue, which ironically lets users do a clean install Vista without any previous version of Windows, albeit a little tedious. Here are the steps:
    • Boot from the Windows Vista Upgrade DVD as normal
    • When prompted for a product code, leave this blank
    • Select the version of Vista you have purchased and let Vista install
    • When you boot to your desktop for the first time, run the Vista setup from Windows
    • This time enter your product key
    • When asked whether you want to do an Upgrade of Custom install, select custom and choose a clean install
    • Windows will now install for a second time and you should be able to activate it
    Remember, these steps are only advised for use in order to achieve a clean install of Vista, it is only legal to use the upgrade editions if you have previously purchased the appropriate version of Windows.

Source: DailyTech

Jimmy 2004, May 21, 2020
  4. Clean Installing Windows 10

Clean Windows 10 (?PRO?) install

I have bought a legit "Windows 10 Pro" key of a key website. It is legit since i'm currently using it for over a year now. I currently have Windows 10 Pro installed on my PC and I want to do a clean install. I just can't find the windows 10 Pro download in the tool. But if i could use a windows 10 pro key with a normal windows 10 install, I'll be good to go.

JeroenBeunckens, May 21, 2020
Thema:

Clean Installing Windows 10

1. Clean Installing Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Clean Installing

2. Hello! I am being swamped with BSODs that persist even though a clean install. Hardware issue?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Hello! I am being swamped with BSODs that persist even though a clean install. Hardware issue?: Hi everyone, and thanks for your help. Here are the following BSODs I've gotten: UNEXPECTED KERNAL MODE TRAP CRITICAL PROCESS DIED IRQL NOT LESS OR EQUAL MEMORY MANAGEMENT PFN LIST CORRUPT SYSTEM SERVICE EXCEPTION Could this still be due to some faulty driver somewhere, or...
  3. Upgrading (or even a clean install) to Windows 10 2004 fails with two errors: (BSOD)

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Upgrading (or even a clean install) to Windows 10 2004 fails with two errors: (BSOD): Summary of Issue Upgrading (or even a clean install) to Windows 10 2004 fails with two errors: (BSOD) DRIVER PNP WATCHDOG ERROR (installation continues after it dumps and reboots, but once in the OS the below mentioned problem exists) If I delete the AMD driver 20.5.1 and...
  4. Windows only activates with a clean install not from an image restore

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows only activates with a clean install not from an image restore: Hello have a question on behalf of my Son, he recently had a problem with Windows not booting, so reinstalled a Macrium Reflect image, unfortunately it refused to activate. He then did a clean install of W10 and using his Windows 7 pro key, which he used previously to upgrade...
  5. is it possible to go from build 19631.1 to 19041.xxx without doing a clean installation?

is it possible to go from build 19631.1 to 19041.xxx without doing a clean installation?: Hello Senpais, I would like to know if it is possible for me to exit Windows Insider Fast Build 19631.1, to build 19041.xx (264?), Without having to do a clean installation? And I Love Cactus ; - ; submitted by /u/Chocolakawaii [link] [comments]...
  6. “Hardware settings changed please reboot...” message after clean install

“Hardware settings changed please reboot...” message after clean install: I was forced to do a fresh install of Windows 10 because during updating AMD drivers, the computer just froze and I switched it off. On the next boot, everything seems fine. As soon as I open task manager, my laptop just hangs up again (CPU usage is seen as 100%). So I did a...
  7. WIN 10 clean install - USB mouse and keyboard not working

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    WIN 10 clean install - USB mouse and keyboard not working: I have a 2014 desktop that has been upgraded over the years. It came with a mouse and keyboard with colour coded pin type connections - both thrown away for newer USB models. I have just completed a clean upload of Windows 10 and find, on restart, my USB mouse and keyboard...
  8. Windows 10 clean install from usb

Windows 10 clean install from usb: I’m trying to do a clean install on a new PC using a USB. Anyone know how to get around the media driver missing? I tried the unplug and plug method. I’m at a loss? submitted by /u/jcoope40 [link] [comments]...
  9. How can I do either a clean installation of Windows 10 or clone my current drive to a new...

How can I do either a clean installation of Windows 10 or clone my current drive to a new...: I do not have a USB/CD on me, and every software I have looked at requires a subscription to clone despite claiming to be free. submitted by /u/Hoodra [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/gqipzw/how_can_i_do_either_a_clean_installation_of/
  10. Windows 10 still freezing even after clean installation

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 still freezing even after clean installation: I have a Asus Vivobook X510UF laptop. I have below configurations - Windos 10 Home Single Language Version 1909, OS Build 18363.836 Core i5 8th Generation @1.6GHz 12 GB RAM 16 GB Optane Module 1 TB HDD The laptop was working fine, smooth, and fast until last month. It...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. clean install windows 10 free windows vista