Windows 10: Clean re-install windows 10 digital license activation

Discus and support Clean re-install windows 10 digital license activation in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; I'm doing a clean reinstall on my mother's computer. My brother initially installed the free version of Windows 10. I understand how to do the clean... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by Jack_23901, Apr 2, 2019.

1. Clean re-install windows 10 digital license activation

I'm doing a clean reinstall on my mother's computer. My brother initially installed the free version of Windows 10. I understand how to do the clean install, but I'm worried about reactivation. According to the instructions, all I'd have to do is login to Microsoft when prompted to activate from the digital license on the pc. Can I do that with my own login or would I have to use the login information, i.e., user name & password, that he used to install Windows 10 the first time?

:)

Jack_23901, Apr 2, 2019

2. Activate windows 10 after a clean install through digital license.

Windows 10 Digital License

When you upgraded from a previous version of Windows or receive a new computer preinstalled with Windows 10, what happened is the hardware (your PC) will get a digital entitlement, where a unique signature of the computer will be stored on Microsoft
    Activation Servers. The Windows 7 or Windows 8 genuine license you were previously running will be exchanged for a diagnostics key.

Anytime you need to reinstall Windows 10 on that machine, just proceed to reinstall Windows 10. It will automatically reactivate. You will prompted to enter a product key a couple times through the installation, click I don't have
    a key and Do this later.

There is no need to know or get a new key, but if you have issues with Digital Licensing or the Activation Troubleshooter, you can utilize an existing Windows 7 or Windows 8/8.1 product key you already own to
    reactivate if necessary. or use the reset function in Windows 10.

Activate Your Windows 10 License via Microsoft Chat Support

Reinstall by Performing a Direct Clean Install

If Windows 10 was already installed and activated on your system, just proceed to perform a direct clean install as described in the following articles.

Step 1: How
    to download official Windows 10 ISO files

Step 2:

Andre Da Costa, Apr 2, 2019
  3. Question regarding Windows 10 Version 1709 Clean Install and Activation with a Digital License.

Perfectly fine performing a direct clean install.

Step 2:

When you upgraded from a previous version of Windows or receive a new computer preinstalled with Windows 10, what happened is the hardware (your PC) will get a digital entitlement, where a unique signature of the computer will be stored on Microsoft
    Activation Servers. The Windows 7 or Windows 8 genuine license you were previously running will be exchanged for a diagnostics key.

Anytime you need to reinstall Windows 10 on that machine, just proceed to reinstall Windows 10. It will automatically reactivate.
    You will prompted to enter a product key a couple times through the installation, click I don't have a key and Do this later.

There is no need to know or get a new key, but if you have issues with Digital Licensing or the Activation Troubleshooter, you can utilize an existing Windows 7 or Windows 8/8.1 product key
    you already ownto reactivate if necessary. or use the reset function in Windows 10.

4. Clean re-install windows 10 digital license activation

Digital License

Windows 10 Digital License

Anytime you need to reinstall Windows 10 on that machine, just proceed to reinstall Windows 10. It will automatically reactivate. You will prompted to enter a product key a couple times through the installation, click I don't have
    a key and Do this later.

There is no need to know or get a new key, but if you have issues with Digital Licensing or the Activation Troubleshooter, you can utilize an existing Windows 7 or Windows 8/8.1 product key you already own to
    reactivate if necessary. or use the reset function in Windows 10.

Activate Your Windows 10 License via Microsoft Chat Support

Reinstall by Performing a Direct Clean Install

If Windows 10 was already installed and activated on your system, just proceed to perform a direct clean install as described in the following articles.

Step 2:

Thema:

Clean re-install windows 10 digital license activation

1. Clean re-install windows 10 digital license activation - Similar Threads - Clean install digital

2. Re-activating a Win10 digital entitlement license

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Re-activating a Win10 digital entitlement license: Hi,I have a Win10 system with is licensed with a digital entitlement license which I need to re-install Windows 10 on exactly the same system - I'm not trying to transfer to a new machineAccording to this article If you have a digital license for your device, you can...
  3. Re-activating a Win10 digital entitlement license

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Re-activating a Win10 digital entitlement license: Hi,I have a Win10 system with is licensed with a digital entitlement license which I need to re-install Windows 10 on exactly the same system - I'm not trying to transfer to a new machineAccording to this article If you have a digital license for your device, you can...
  4. Re-activating a Win10 digital entitlement license

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Windows 10 digital license re-activation after HW change

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 digital license re-activation after HW change: Hi guysI have a digital license of Windows 10, and needed to change the motherboard.I linked my digital license to my Microsoft account, swapped the HW, booted my PC, and tried to re-activate Windows.Just like it says here Reactivating Windows after a hardware change...
  6. Windows 10 digital license re-activation after HW change

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 digital license re-activation after HW change: Hi guysI have a digital license of Windows 10, and needed to change the motherboard.I linked my digital license to my Microsoft account, swapped the HW, booted my PC, and tried to re-activate Windows.Just like it says here Reactivating Windows after a hardware change...
  7. Windows 10 digital license re-activation after HW change

Windows 10 digital license re-activation after HW change: Hi guysI have a digital license of Windows 10, and need to change the motherboard.I linked my digital license to my Microsoft account, swapped the HW, booted my PC, and tried to re-activate Windows.Just like it says here Reactivating Windows after a hardware change...
  8. Windows 10 Digital License Re-Installation for ISO File

Windows 10 Digital License Re-Installation for ISO File: Windows 10 Digital License re-installation failed because the ISO process could not find an Activation Key. What is the work-around for this error?...
  9. Win10 Digital License Will not Activate After Re-install

Win10 Digital License Will not Activate After Re-install: I have a Windows 10 digital license on my account from and Windows 8 Pro upgrade. My system was having random reboots lately so I decided to reinstall. Once I logged in with my account which has the license I went to the Activation section of Settings and it is not active....
  10. Digital License on clean install

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Digital License on clean install: I purchased W7 "upgrade from Vista" CD years ago, and then upgraded to 10 no problem when it came out. I have actually formatted since then but don't really remember how I activated it, if I used the W7 product key or what. This was all on one machine. Now that machine is...