Windows 10: Clean Re-installing Windows 10

Discus and support Clean Re-installing Windows 10 in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hello people, can some one explain to me how I do a clean install of Windows 10. By clean I mean delete all files clean install, like was possible with... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by elusiverunner, Dec 25, 2020.

1. Clean Re-installing Windows 10

Hello people, can some one explain to me how I do a clean install of Windows 10. By clean I mean delete all files clean install, like was possible with Windows 7. Re-install the software from scratch and then start with a completely clean set-up. Windows Version Number - 18363.1256

:)

elusiverunner, Dec 25, 2020
  2. Delta6326 Win User
    Delta6326, Dec 25, 2020
  3. Clean Install Workaround for Vista

You may remember this news story on techPowerUp! a couple of days ago relating to the lack of clean installs when using the Upgrade Editions of Vista, which required an old OS to be installed. However, Paul Thurrott has managed to find a workaround for this issue, which ironically lets users do a clean install Vista without any previous version of Windows, albeit a little tedious. Here are the steps:
    • Boot from the Windows Vista Upgrade DVD as normal
    • When prompted for a product code, leave this blank
    • Select the version of Vista you have purchased and let Vista install
    • When you boot to your desktop for the first time, run the Vista setup from Windows
    • This time enter your product key
    • When asked whether you want to do an Upgrade of Custom install, select custom and choose a clean install
    • Windows will now install for a second time and you should be able to activate it
    Remember, these steps are only advised for use in order to achieve a clean install of Vista, it is only legal to use the upgrade editions if you have previously purchased the appropriate version of Windows.

Source: DailyTech

Jimmy 2004, Dec 25, 2020
  4. Clean Re-installing Windows 10

Clean Windows 10 (?PRO?) install

I have bought a legit "Windows 10 Pro" key of a key website. It is legit since i'm currently using it for over a year now. I currently have Windows 10 Pro installed on my PC and I want to do a clean install. I just can't find the windows 10 Pro download in the tool. But if i could use a windows 10 pro key with a normal windows 10 install, I'll be good to go.

JeroenBeunckens, Dec 25, 2020
Thema:

Clean Re-installing Windows 10

1. Clean Re-installing Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Clean installing

2. clean install of windows 10

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    clean install of windows 10: What is meant by "clean install"? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/clean-install-of-windows-10/1406f56c-9dc3-4e63-9444-5e06ba8f1403
  3. Windows can't update even after clean install

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows can't update even after clean install: This problem has plagued my pc for about a year, I encountered the infamous “We couldn't complete the updates. Undoing changes” error about a year ago. It was only solved by a complete format and reinstall of the latest version of windows. About a month later the error...
  4. Windows 10 Sluggish after Clean install - System Resource Use Low

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 Sluggish after Clean install - System Resource Use Low: Dell XPS15 Laptop IntelR CoreTM i7-6700HQ CPU @ 2.60GHz 2.60 GHz 16.0 GB RAM 480GB NVME nvidia GEForce GTX 960M OS: 19042.685 Feature Experience Pack 120.2212.551.0 About 2 months ago I did a clean install since it had been a while and I had installed and...
  5. Windows 10 fails clean install on new build

Windows 10 fails clean install on new build: I am working on building a new gaming PC, and am trying to install a copy of windows 10 using the USB tool. After creating a partition and unpacking files, the installer goes to reset. While in the "getting devices ready" stage, it is routinely failing install, and giving...
  6. Windows Install not working on Clean Hard drive SSD

Windows Install not working on Clean Hard drive SSD: Hi I've spent the last few hours trying to work out what is going on here: maybe someone can help? I've got a brand new Kingston SSD and trying to get Windows install on it my old SSD works absolutely fine, and I can plug it back up and boot Windows fine on my custom pc I...
  7. File history exists on a separate drive but can't be seen after clean install of w10.

File history exists on a separate drive but can't be seen after clean install of w10.: Hello and Happy New Year, all! My girlfriend's PC was intermittently freezing after upgrading from w7 to w10 so I decided to do a clean install of w10. I first did both a FH backup and copied the c: drive contents, just in case, to a physically separate drive d:. I was...
  8. sfc fixes file integrity straight after clean install. Bluescreens.

sfc fixes file integrity straight after clean install. Bluescreens.: Hey. I can't for the life of me get Windows 10 Pro to install without corrupted system files. I have tried 6 times now since December. When I have installed by means of removing all partitions from boot drive before new ones are created and are presented with the desktop...
  9. Clean Install Win 7 HP with Win 10 Home

Clean Install Win 7 HP with Win 10 Home: Good afternoon, I gave my Sister a Win 7 HP SP1 [ Genuine ] Laptop a few years ago which she now doesn't use, and knowing my Sister, there will be a LOT of junk on there. I am getting it back at some stage over the next couple of weeks and I would ideally like to just Clean...
  10. Anything worth getting from HP after format/clean win10 install? (software/specific drivers...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Anything worth getting from HP after format/clean win10 install? (software/specific drivers...: Just did some nice "renovations" on the ol' HP laptop, including replaced the harddrive with an SSD and did a clean install of win10 on it (using the tool from windows website) - Thanks to some of your guys help! Windows update seems to have found almost all of the drivers...