Windows 10: clean recovery disk D

Discus and support clean recovery disk D in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; How do I clean recovery disk D https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/clean-recovery-disk-d/e52bc80d-8e97-45e1-80b0-4dcbe4eaf592" Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by carolhatfield1, May 22, 2019.

1. clean recovery disk D

How do I clean recovery disk D

:)

carolhatfield1, May 22, 2019

2. Disk Clean-up showing nothing to delete from Recovery Image (Dclean recovery disk D :)

Hi Bradley,

I realize the inconvenience you are experiencing with Disk Clean up. I will surely help you.

I suggest you to manually delete the temporary files.

Kindly follow the below mentioned steps to delete the temporary files:

• Press Windows logo key + R
      key to run Run Command, type %temp%, and hit
      Enter
    • Delete all the files in the folder.
    • Go to C:/Windows/Prefetch and delete all the files except the
      ReadyBoot folder.
    • Go to C:/Windows/Temp and delete all the files.
    • Restart the computer, and now check the disk space.

We don't recommend you to delete any system default application.

Please write us back, if you still face difficulty with Disk Clean up. We will be happy to help.

Thank you.

Mayank_Bhiwal, May 22, 2019
  3. how to delete "disk D" recovery disk files ?

Hello Tom,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

Sorry for the inconvenience caused.

D: Drive is the Recovery Partition, that the Manufacturer has created, for your computer to put it back to factory settings in case of System Crash.

You can make Recovery disks from D in case of a Hard Drive failure.

Do not delete any files that are associated to recovery! Do not delete the items RECOVERY, $RECYCLE.BIN, boot,pcdr, or PRELOAD! Doing so can prevent a future system recovery from the hard drive.

I would suggest you to contact HP support before making any changes to the Partition.

Hope this information was helpful.

Thank you.

Deepak_Krishnan R, May 22, 2019
  4. clean recovery disk D

Recovery Disks

Hi Ron,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community. Appreciate your interest in using Windows 10.

In order to create a recovery disk, follow the steps below:

• Type “Recovery” in search box and press Enter.
    • Select the option to create a recovery disc and follow the prompts to create a recovery disc.

Hope the information is helpful. Feel free to
    write to us for any other assistance with Windows, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Divya Murugan, May 22, 2019
Thema:

clean recovery disk D

1. clean recovery disk D - Similar Threads - clean recovery disk

2. Disk D

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Disk D: So basically I want to erase all the data "I" Added in disk d windows 10 is installed in Disk C How do i delete all the data "I" Added in disk d Thank you have a great day https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/disk-d/d6e106e0-e34c-44b6-a789-bc8771e6957c
  3. Disk D

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Disk D: So basically I want to erase all the data "I" Added in disk d windows 10 is installed in Disk C How do i delete all the data "I" Added in disk d Thank you have a great day https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/disk-d/d6e106e0-e34c-44b6-a789-bc8771e6957c
  4. Disk D

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. C: Disk and D: Disk

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    C: Disk and D: Disk: I recently got a new computer running on Windows 10 which is awesome but there is something I wanna change and I don't know how. So, my problem is the download and save paths with the quick access folders. Downloads was set on default to save to the C: Drive, so I went into...
  6. Clean install places recovery drive at beginning of disk.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Clean install places recovery drive at beginning of disk.: Hi all, I’ve just done a clean install of Windows 1903 & noticed it placed the recovery partition at the beginning of the drive. Drive is GPT which I believed placed the recovery at the end. Everything works so am not worried but thought I’d ask to see if anyone else had...
  7. clean disk

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    clean disk: why do i receive this message when doing a diskpart clean why wont it work thank you [img] 130268
  8. recovery d:

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    recovery d:: I did a full windows 10 home edition install over windows 7 I have gone thru everything I got all old files and folders and deleted everything even old windows file.So I can never go back to windows 7. So my question is what about the recovery d: drive if something goes wrong...
  9. Cleaning disk

Cleaning disk: Hello, sorry for the bad translation, I hope it is correct. In Windows 10 there is a tool called "CLEANING DISK". It examines the disk and give you some option of things that you can delete (recicle bin, cache, memory dump, etc.). What I don't understand is the...
  10. Two Recovery (D:) Recovery Disks with the same information

Two Recovery (D:) Recovery Disks with the same information: When viewing Disk Management, there are two RECOVERY D: disks. They have the exact information with the exception of one having an NTSF file system. I get error messages that backups are failing due to insufficient space. I attempted to change backups to a network location...