Windows 10: clean reinstall of windows 10 free upgrade

Discus and support clean reinstall of windows 10 free upgrade in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I had Windows 7 and had a problem with my pc randomly freezing then i upgraded to the free windows 10 and i still have the radom freezing can i do a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by atl91, Feb 6, 2019.

1. atl91 Win User

clean reinstall of windows 10 free upgrade

I had Windows 7 and had a problem with my pc randomly freezing then
    i upgraded to the free windows 10 and i still have the radom freezing
    can i do a clean reinstall of windows 10 by delete the partitions of
    my hard drive, formatting it then do a clean install of win 10, if so
    can u provide me with step by step instructions?

:)

atl91, Feb 6, 2019
  2. pigulici Win User

How to reinstall Windows 10 if my computers used the free upgrade from 7 and 8?

Yes, still work, no need to call, just be sure to have internet access when you start to install 10, I work at pc shop and did this few days ago, used a key of 7 to put clean 10(wasn't used for upgrade).

pigulici, Feb 6, 2019
  3. How to reinstall Windows 10 if my computers used the free upgrade from 7 and 8?

Will windows 10 still accept the license keys from 7 and 8 now if I reinstall my computer?

Does Microsoft keep a list of users who upgraded to Win 10 using their 7 and 8 keys so that when users need to reinstall windows 10 the old keys would work?

Do I need to call in Microsoft to ask them to activate my Windows 10 when I give them my win 7 keys?

Both computers are laptops. The windows 7 machine had the serial printed on the back, and I needed to enter that when I upgraded to 10. The windows 8 machine had the serial built in inside its boot system so I didn't need to enter the key when I upgraded to 10, but I did manage to write down the keys using a fetcher program.

JebusPrime, Feb 6, 2019
  4. clean reinstall of windows 10 free upgrade

No More Clean-Installs for Vista Upgrades

When users were upgrading to Windows XP, the procedure was that users could simply insert their old Windows 98 or Windows 2000 CD at the appropriate time during a clean install without the need for the old OS to be installed at the time. However, Microsoft has decided to change this for Vista, and now requires a fully installed and activated version of your old OS already on the machine. This comes as an attempt to prevent illegal use of upgrade CDs, but could be inconvenient and time consuming when the time comes to reinstall. The new procedure for a reinstall is as follows:
    • Install your old copy of Windows XP
    • Activate it either online or over the phone
    • Install Vista
    Source: DailyTech

Jimmy 2004, Feb 6, 2019
Thema:

clean reinstall of windows 10 free upgrade

1. clean reinstall of windows 10 free upgrade - Similar Threads - clean reinstall free

2. free vversion reinstall as clean install

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    free vversion reinstall as clean install: I down loaded my free upgrade of win 10 Now i cannot load my office 16 iIam told i need a clean install of win 10 how do i reinstall the free win 19...
  3. Clean Install of a free upgrade of win 10

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Clean Install of a free upgrade of win 10: Hi, I'd like to do a clean install of my win10. But it's a free upgrade version. I can't find a step by step guide to do it. Only guides for fresh installs of a regular win10 version. I'm afraid to do something wrong and lose the right to use this licence. Thank you...
  4. Free windows 10 upgrade - reinstalled windows 10 and cant activate

Free windows 10 upgrade - reinstalled windows 10 and cant activate: Hello! Years ago I had win7 and got the free upgrade to win10. Some time ago my techsavy friend helped me change out some parts and reinstalled windows to wipe my computer to have a fresh canvas. I realized I couldnt activate my windows 10 back then because when I tried to...
  5. Clean reinstall Windows 10

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Clean reinstall Windows 10: Lost admin rights 2nd Time and I'm trying to reinstall Win10 using the Media Creation Tool 1909. Unable to get my computer to boot from the USB drive the tool is on. No matter which option I choose, it boots to the sign in screen. Any help is appreciated....
  6. My Windows 10 Free Upgrade PC HD crashed - Free reinstall?

My Windows 10 Free Upgrade PC HD crashed - Free reinstall?: I have an old PC that had an OEM Windows 8 install (and i do have that product key) that died - My SSD completely crashed and I have to install a new hard drive and start over from scratch. I still have my old Windows 8 install discs and the product keys, but I don’t know...
  7. windows 10 reinstallation issues (free upgrade)

windows 10 reinstallation issues (free upgrade): To start, this has been a long and ugly journey for me. I'm at a point where I'm about to give up. My computer is a three-year old Toshiba laptop with a 64bit processcor and a 32 bit OS, 6GB. It came pre-installed with Windows 8.1, and after much badgering from MS, I...
  8. Reinstall Barebones Win7, Then Online Upgrade to 10 for Clean Upgrade?

Reinstall Barebones Win7, Then Online Upgrade to 10 for Clean Upgrade?: This question applied to the free online upgrade from Win7 or 8 to Win 10 that was offered and probably now applies to the Accessibility upgrade that is still being offered. So let's say I currently have Win7 and it's slow with adware (It hasn't been maintained properly -...
  9. Windows 10 Reinstallation in case of computer crash for free upgraded

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 Reinstallation in case of computer crash for free upgraded: Hi, Please guide me to thread or link which provides information as how we can make ISO file or Windows Image file for re-installation in case computer crashes for free upgrade users. Thanks 11191
  10. Will Free Windows 10 "Upgrade" work with Clean Install (CMPXCHG16b)?

Will Free Windows 10 "Upgrade" work with Clean Install (CMPXCHG16b)?: I have a 2006-era Compaq PC with an AMD 64 X2 4400+ CPU (Socket 939), and it runs Windows 7 Home Premium x64 perfectly. It can even run Windows 8 x64. However, it cannot do the in-place Windows 8.1 or Windows 10 Technical Preview 64-bit upgrades, due to this confounded...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows 10 reinstall fresh and upgrade pc 64 bits free