Windows 10: Clean Reinstall of Windows

Discus and support Clean Reinstall of Windows in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; Hello, I want to do Clean Re-Install Windows 10 in my laptop, please help me how to do that? When i do Re-install do i need product key to activate... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by sanjaymachchhar, Sep 17, 2019.

1. Clean Reinstall of Windows

Hello,

I want to do Clean Re-Install Windows 10 in my laptop, please help me how to do that? When i do Re-install do i need product key to activate windows as my device had product key by OEM or it will activate itself?

Thank You.

:)

sanjaymachchhar, Sep 17, 2019

2. Windows 10 infinite restart black screen

The tutorials provided are just a list of troubleshooting steps. Use only the steps which apply to you.

Since none of the troubleshooting steps here worked, I'd suggest you do a Clean install.

John

AmericanPharaoh, Sep 17, 2019
  3. Clean Install Workaround for Vista

You may remember this news story on techPowerUp! a couple of days ago relating to the lack of clean installs when using the Upgrade Editions of Vista, which required an old OS to be installed. However, Paul Thurrott has managed to find a workaround for this issue, which ironically lets users do a clean install Vista without any previous version of Windows, albeit a little tedious. Here are the steps:
    • Boot from the Windows Vista Upgrade DVD as normal
    • When prompted for a product code, leave this blank
    • Select the version of Vista you have purchased and let Vista install
    • When you boot to your desktop for the first time, run the Vista setup from Windows
    • This time enter your product key
    • When asked whether you want to do an Upgrade of Custom install, select custom and choose a clean install
    • Windows will now install for a second time and you should be able to activate it
    Remember, these steps are only advised for use in order to achieve a clean install of Vista, it is only legal to use the upgrade editions if you have previously purchased the appropriate version of Windows.

Source: DailyTech

Jimmy 2004, Sep 17, 2019
  4. 3Colors Win User

Clean Reinstall of Windows

Windows Updated(16299.309).KB4088776 Restart is required to complete.

Hi dalchina. Good news, I followed your suggestion and reinstalled the update and now it appears as "installed correctly" *Biggrin Maybe it was not necessary to run the Windows Update Troubleshooter or maybe if necessary. But using it I do not think it could have worsened something. The installation was very fast, unlike the first time it showed step 1 and step 2 completed.

Thanks for the suggestions and for the time to respond Clean Reinstall of Windows :) Best regards.

And thanks for the tip of that program, I'll have it on my list.

3Colors, Sep 17, 2019
Thema:

Clean Reinstall of Windows

1. Clean Reinstall of Windows - Similar Threads - Clean Reinstall

2. Clean reinstal Win 10

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Clean reinstal Win 10: I am running the October 2019 update on my Wi9ndown computer and everything works fine but my computer (HP with Intel i7, 16MB RAM and 3TB HDD) is now nearly 5 years old and I want to do a cleanup by reformatting the hard disk and re-install windows. If I do that, will...
  3. Relentless BSODs after clean reinstall/partition order mixed up

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Relentless BSODs after clean reinstall/partition order mixed up: After a BIOS update that somehow completely broke my previous Windows version (build 1803) I decided to clean reinstall with build 1903. For some reason, after reinstallation I would constantly get bombarded by BSODs out of nowhere (mostly ATTEMPTED_WRITE_TO_READ_ONLY_MEMORY...
  4. BSODs attributed to ntoskrnl.exe ever since clean reinstallation but only when browsing the...

BSODs attributed to ntoskrnl.exe ever since clean reinstallation but only when browsing the...: So it has been a week ever since I had to reinstall Windows after a BIOS update broke my old installation outright. Might as well consider it an upgrade as the broken version was 1803 at the time which I couldn't figure out why it refuses to update to 1903, but that's in the...
  5. How do I rebuild the registry after a clean reinstallation of Windows 10 Pro?

How do I rebuild the registry after a clean reinstallation of Windows 10 Pro?: Hi! Following a BOD (probable cause: ssd overload with subseq. damage to sys-/registry files), the ssd was formatted and partitioning changed from MBR to GPT in order to allow a clean reinstallation of win10pro from a repair/installation usb-stick. Prior to this, files on...
  6. Application will not start even after cleaning and uninstalling and reinstalling...

in Windows 10 Customization
    Application will not start even after cleaning and uninstalling and reinstalling...: Hello, Application will not start even after cleaning and uninstalling and reinstalling application (HP 8600 Network Pro Printer and scanner.) What is strange is using the tools and diagnostics from HP allows the Printer to scan and print but when I try to click on the...
  7. My password and security questions are gone. I'd like to clean reinstall win 10 but it...

My password and security questions are gone. I'd like to clean reinstall win 10 but it...: Hello, I have 2 computers that are toast. The first one I am sure it was someone from my former ISP that got bugged, as the BIOS settings has been compromised and cannot be changed...it simply doesn't take any changes to it. This is a gaming computer that I don't use for...
  8. How to check Workstation Advantages when upgrading Windows 10 Pro without clean reinstall?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    How to check Workstation Advantages when upgrading Windows 10 Pro without clean reinstall?: Hello, %USERNAME%! I have a Windows host box with a Windows guest inside it, Windows versions are same. I want to upgrade W10 Pro to W10 Pro for Workstation on my Windows Host for using XEON modern features and ECC Memory support. I got a Licence key for Windows 10 Pro...
  9. Clean Reinstalling Windows Error

Clean Reinstalling Windows Error: I recently had to reformat my HD and intended on reinstalling Windows 10. My computer originally came with Windows 7, but I upgraded with the free Windows 10 upgrade when it was released. I had some issues with my HD prior to formatting, and the partition with my recover data...
  10. Perforn clean reinstall for Windows 10

Perforn clean reinstall for Windows 10: Hi, I wonder how to perform clean reinstall for Windows 10. Reset Windows 10 has failed after I try to boot Windows 10 to its original state from malmare attack. Is it possible to perform clean reinstall by using Windows ISO? Thanks very much....