Windows 10: Clean reinstalling win10 (USB)

Discus and support Clean reinstalling win10 (USB) in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Hi there. So I'm reinstalling windows because I'm fearing that I might have some sort of malware, and well I'd like a clean start on my PC either way.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/GentlemanNuggi, Apr 15, 2021.

1. Clean reinstalling win10 (USB)

Hi there.

So I'm reinstalling windows because I'm fearing that I might have some sort of malware, and well I'd like a clean start on my PC either way. I've installed windows 10 on a USB drive, and I'm now more or less ready to start the process, but then it hit me, do I have to delete everything from my desktop before reinstalling, and if so, how do I do that? I tried googling, but I couldn't find any results that I was certainly answered my question.

Thanks in advance.

submitted by /u/GentlemanNuggi
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/GentlemanNuggi, Apr 15, 2021

2. *RESOLUTION FOUND*Malwarebytes crashing on Win10 insider Bld. Rootkit related errors?

Ill try tomorrow am.
    Aside from OS reinstall, your suggestion is one of the only steps I haven't taken yet.

Im gonna get some sleep and come at this with a fresh head tomorrow

Thanks everyone

jboydgolfer, Apr 15, 2021
  3. thraxed Win User
    Installing windows off of a USB stick

Step By Step from vista:
    From admin cmd prompt

1. diskpart
    1a. list disk
    2. select disk 1 (replace 1 with your usb drive)
    3. clean
    4. create partition primary
    5. select partition 1 (replace 1 with your usb drive)
    6. active
    7. format fs=fat32
    8. assign
    9. exit

Copy Windows Vista's DVD ROM content to the Flash Drive

xcopy d:\*.* /s/e/f e:\ (d being your vista cd and e being your usb stick)

And that's it, boot off your usb disk

thraxed, Apr 15, 2021
  4. Clean reinstalling win10 (USB)

Windows 10 infinite restart black screen

The tutorials provided are just a list of troubleshooting steps. Use only the steps which apply to you.

Since none of the troubleshooting steps here worked, I'd suggest you do a Clean install.

John

AmericanPharaoh, Apr 15, 2021
Thema:

Clean reinstalling win10 (USB)

1. Clean reinstalling win10 (USB) - Similar Threads - Clean reinstalling win10

2. IRST driver problem reinstalling win10 from USB

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    IRST driver problem reinstalling win10 from USB: My laptop has a windows license written on the motherboard. I had switched to linux and now I'm switching back to Win10. When I boot from the win10 USB https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/windows10ISO, it tells me I'm missing a driver. Previously I switched back...
  3. Clean reinstall Windows 10 from USB

Clean reinstall Windows 10 from USB: so i just reinstall pc with usb, already clean the drive by deleting partition in installation in setupand after log in , the wallpaper is the same with the previous one before reinstall , then i sync with chrome, and away for few minutes, the desktop background change again...
  4. Clean reinstall Windows 10 from USB

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Clean reinstall Windows 10 from USB: so i just reinstall pc with usb, already clean the drive by deleting partition in installation in setupand after log in , the wallpaper is the same with the previous one before reinstall , then i sync with chrome, and away for few minutes, the desktop background change again...
  5. Clean reinstall Windows 10 from USB

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  6. How to clean reinstal win10 but keep only a few folders

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How to clean reinstal win10 but keep only a few folders: I have a nasty remote controll virus in my pc and i want to clean reinstall my windows but i need to keep some folders how can i do that they are like 200 gb submitted by /u/Andrei0204 [link] [comments]...
  7. install instructions with win10 usb for a clean drive

install instructions with win10 usb for a clean drive: Will I get install instructions with win10 usb for a clean drive https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/install-instructions-with-win10-usb-for-a-clean/42cf83ad-d202-4c1f-8d42-e297beb7f127
  8. Help on Partitions when clean reinstalling win10

Help on Partitions when clean reinstalling win10: I'm doing a clean reinstall of my Win10 laptop, I've already backed up all of my important work files but I haven't backed up any system files yet. Now I'm prompted with the "Where do you want to install Windows" screen, is is safe to delete all of the partitions? submitted...
  9. Win10 reinstall

Win10 reinstall: Hello everyone. I have 2 laptops, the first one is for work and the second one is for everything else. Unfortunately, my "work" laptop crashed a month or more ago, didn't have time to get it back to life. Now I've tried and it appears I cannot do anything to it. The crash...
  10. Clean win10 Reinstall with MBR: where should I reinstall?

Clean win10 Reinstall with MBR: where should I reinstall?: I'm attempting to make a clean win10 install on a drive that works but has a serious problem with the hard drive running continuously. I have a MBR setup. I'm closely following the Win 10 Clean Install tutorial, but not sure what to do after selecting a custom installation...