Windows 10: Clean Reinstalling Windows Error

Discus and support Clean Reinstalling Windows Error in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I recently had to reformat my HD and intended on reinstalling Windows 10. My computer originally came with Windows 7, but I upgraded with the free... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Bethanynwd, Apr 22, 2019.

1. Clean Reinstalling Windows Error

I recently had to reformat my HD and intended on reinstalling Windows 10. My computer originally came with Windows 7, but I upgraded with the free Windows 10 upgrade when it was released. I had some issues with my HD prior to formatting, and the partition with my recover data was deleted. I created a Windows 10 usb through the Microsoft site intending to use that to install Windows 10 fresh since I have been using Windows 10 on the machine since release. I keep running into a BSOD error Driver PNP Watchdog. I know there are several things that could be wrong with hardware in particular. My BIOS sees all of my memory, so that looks like it may be good. Before I start troubleshooting hardware, am I causing a problem by installing Windows 10 directly on the computer? Do I need to install Windows 7 first as originally on there and then upgrade to Windows 10 after? Can I even do that anymore?

:)

Bethanynwd, Apr 22, 2019

2. Windows 8x reinstall

From my understanding in order to get to the "Custom" install I first have to select "Install" and be able to enter the windows code. Correct? Problem is when I hit install I am never able to enter a OEM code to get to "Custom" because I get the missing driver error that I spoke of originally. The link below shows how to get to Custom and following those steps I can't get there for the reason I stated...

http://www.techrepublic.com/blog/wi...lete-guide-to-a-windows-8-clean-installation/

BlackHawk1, Apr 22, 2019
  3. Windows 10 infinite restart black screen

The tutorials provided are just a list of troubleshooting steps. Use only the steps which apply to you.

Since none of the troubleshooting steps here worked, I'd suggest you do a Clean install.

John

AmericanPharaoh, Apr 22, 2019
  4. Clean Reinstalling Windows Error

*RESOLUTION FOUND*Malwarebytes crashing on Win10 insider Bld. Rootkit related errors?

Ill try tomorrow am.
    Aside from OS reinstall, your suggestion is one of the only steps I haven't taken yet.

Im gonna get some sleep and come at this with a fresh head tomorrow

Thanks everyone

jboydgolfer, Apr 22, 2019
Thema:

Clean Reinstalling Windows Error

1. Clean Reinstalling Windows Error - Similar Threads - Clean Reinstalling Error

2. Doing a clean reinstall

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Doing a clean reinstall: Hi,My laptop came with Windows 10 Home edition and it got upgraded to Windows 11 Home. Now I have upgraded it to Windows 11 Pro. If I perform a clean reinstall of my system, will I be able to install Windows Pro 11 without having to purchase a license again...
  3. Doing a clean reinstall

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Doing a clean reinstall: Hi,My laptop came with Windows 10 Home edition and it got upgraded to Windows 11 Home. Now I have upgraded it to Windows 11 Pro. If I perform a clean reinstall of my system, will I be able to install Windows Pro 11 without having to purchase a license again...
  4. Clean Windows 10 reinstall

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Clean Windows 10 reinstall: Sorry for writing this in a separate post, im new so i dont know is there is some kind of chat for these problems. Anyways I want to reinstall my windows 10 fully on my ssd (I want all current applications, documents etc. To be deleted). Do I have to delete my files...
  5. Clean reinstall Windows 10

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Clean reinstall Windows 10: Lost admin rights 2nd Time and I'm trying to reinstall Win10 using the Media Creation Tool 1909. Unable to get my computer to boot from the USB drive the tool is on. No matter which option I choose, it boots to the sign in screen. Any help is appreciated....
  6. Reinstall after clean reinstall of windows 10

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Reinstall after clean reinstall of windows 10: i back up my windows 10 machine to a western digital hard drive. Will that reinstall all of my applications? thank you https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/reinstall-after-clean-reinstall-of-windows-10/1ef582dd-62a0-4774-a637-173c9f32cc19
  7. Clean Reinstall Mystery

Clean Reinstall Mystery: I decided it was time for a clean reinstall of Win10, the one that requires you to delete partitions. My previous data was on my G: drive, which was also deleted (and backed up to various locations first) The Win installation went according to plan, no issues. When I...
  8. Clean Reinstall of Windows

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Clean Reinstall of Windows: Hello, I want to do Clean Re-Install Windows 10 in my laptop, please help me how to do that? When i do Re-install do i need product key to activate windows as my device had product key by OEM or it will activate itself? Thank You....
  9. Windows 10 clean reinstall

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 clean reinstall: Will doing a clean install on a machine with a install file created on a different machine still allow me to have a activated version on the repaired computer? The machine that needs repairing is a Windows 7 computer that was upgraded when it was free. Thanks in advance,...
  10. Windows 10 clean reinstall

Windows 10 clean reinstall: I downloaded windows 10 during the free period, i now want to install it on a new computer before this one dies but I dont seem to have a product key - it was automatically updated How do i go about this?...