Windows 10: Clean SSD: How can my Windows License be active?

Discus and support Clean SSD: How can my Windows License be active? in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; 1. I have a clean SSD 2. I install a new Windows without entering any serial code or logging in on any account 3. Windows Starts 4. Activation says:... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by ernstde test, Nov 20, 2019.

1. Clean SSD: How can my Windows License be active?

1. I have a clean SSD

2. I install a new Windows without entering any serial code or logging in on any account

3. Windows Starts

4. Activation says: 'Windows is activated with a digital license linked to your Microsoft account'

How is this possible? Is Windows activation linked to my motherboard or anything like that?

I want to sell this computer, but NOT with my license on it. I want a clean Windows without any activated stuff on it.

:)

ernstde test, Nov 20, 2019

2. Activate windows 10 after a clean install through digital license.

Windows 10 Digital License

When you upgraded from a previous version of Windows or receive a new computer preinstalled with Windows 10, what happened is the hardware (your PC) will get a digital entitlement, where a unique signature of the computer will be stored on Microsoft
    Activation Servers. The Windows 7 or Windows 8 genuine license you were previously running will be exchanged for a diagnostics key.

Anytime you need to reinstall Windows 10 on that machine, just proceed to reinstall Windows 10. It will automatically reactivate. You will prompted to enter a product key a couple times through the installation, click I don't have
    a key and Do this later.

There is no need to know or get a new key, but if you have issues with Digital Licensing or the Activation Troubleshooter, you can utilize an existing Windows 7 or Windows 8/8.1 product key you already own to
    reactivate if necessary. or use the reset function in Windows 10.

Activate Your Windows 10 License via Microsoft Chat Support

Reinstall by Performing a Direct Clean Install

If Windows 10 was already installed and activated on your system, just proceed to perform a direct clean install as described in the following articles.

Step 1: How
    to download official Windows 10 ISO files

Step 2:

Andre Da Costa, Nov 20, 2019
  3. Can't activate windows after clean install

Could you post a link to the "Clean" install instructions you followed? Or list the steps you took. It sounds like you may have done an upgrade.

What account you log in with has nothing to do with activation. Unless your trying transfer a license to new hardware. You can setup with a local account and Windows will activate. Was Windows 10 previously installed and activated on that PC?

The Product Code is good for 32 bit or 64 bit, its your choice which you use. The only thing locked in is the Edition, Home, Pro etc. You can't activate Home with a Pro key for example.

alphanumeric, Nov 20, 2019
  4. Clean SSD: How can my Windows License be active?

Can't activate windows after clean reinstall

It sounds like you did this:

• Install Windows 10 as upgrade from previous version
    • Clean install Windows 10 again

The clean install will not activate if the original "upgrade install" didn't get activated prior to the clean install. What needs to happen is this:

• Install Windows 10 as upgrade from previous version
    • Activate Windows 10
    • Now you can clean install anytime without activation problems

I believe that step 2 got skipped. It should activate on it's own after several hours/days, but if you do a clean install before that's done (or don't manually activate yourself first), you will have to go back to step 1 and upgrade from inside your previous
    qualifying version (yes, that means re-installing Windows 7 or whatever you had before).

Please don't shoot the messenger Clean SSD: How can my Windows License be active? :)

Shawn 'Cmdr' Keene [MVP], Nov 20, 2019
Thema:

Clean SSD: How can my Windows License be active?

1. Clean SSD: How can my Windows License be active? - Similar Threads - Clean SSD License

2. how to active windows license

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    how to active windows license: Need you help Windows 10 Activation code 0xC004C008 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-active-windows-license/b422d4e8-edcb-4220-a825-60568a166267
  3. how to active windows license

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    how to active windows license: Need you help Windows 10 Activation code 0xC004C008 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-active-windows-license/b422d4e8-edcb-4220-a825-60568a166267
  4. Activating new SSD with the old license

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Activating new SSD with the old license: Hi! I have Windows 11 and i want to switch to a new ssd. I dont want to copy anityng from the old ssd exept the license. A year ago i had win 10 and i upgraded to win 11. My license is : OEM_COA_NSLP channel.Can i copy the license?...
  5. Activating new SSD with the old license

Activating new SSD with the old license: Hi! I have Windows 11 and i want to switch to a new ssd. I dont want to copy anityng from the old ssd exept the license. A year ago i had win 10 and i upgraded to win 11. My license is : OEM_COA_NSLP channel.Can i copy the license?...
  6. want to throw away my ssd but not sure if i can activate with a digital license.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    want to throw away my ssd but not sure if i can activate with a digital license.: greetings. Im planing to discard my ssd drive but im not sure if i can activate windows using digital license, because when I look at the activation page it just says "windows is activated" instead of "Windows is activated with a digital license linked to your Microsoft...
  7. want to throw away my ssd but not sure if i can activate with a digital license.

want to throw away my ssd but not sure if i can activate with a digital license.: greetings. Im planing to discard my ssd drive but im not sure if i can activate windows using digital license, because when I look at the activation page it just says "windows is activated" instead of "Windows is activated with a digital license linked to your Microsoft...
  8. How can I use my W10 license bounded to an SSD but with a different SSD?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    How can I use my W10 license bounded to an SSD but with a different SSD?: Hey community!I recently bought an Intel NUC and it came with a SATA SSD, RAM-modules and sticker with what seems to be a Windows 10 license. I installed instead my formatted M.2 SSD and my old RAM-modules and did a fresh install of W10. When it came the activation moment I...
  9. How to clean install windows to ssd

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    How to clean install windows to ssd: So I've had a gaming laptop that I haven't touched and it didn't have any hard drives connected to it (moved it to my now current gaming pc). So I was wondering if it was possible to purchase a new ssd then clean install it from my computer and transfer the ssd to my laptop...
  10. how can I wipe my SSD clean?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    how can I wipe my SSD clean?: On my computer, I have an SSD that was originally for a Vista computer. I'd like to wipe it clean to either toss it out or save it for future use. However is it a good idea to save it for future use? --- Do modern SSD's have better technology and performance? Either way,...