Windows 10: Clean start instead of resuming from hibernation and Vivaldi cookies

Discus and support Clean start instead of resuming from hibernation and Vivaldi cookies in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I had a problem with my computer - last night I hibernated it, which I assume completed fine, as it turned off but I didn't monitor it closely or... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by ehfoiaefoaeifh, Sep 3, 2020.

1. Clean start instead of resuming from hibernation and Vivaldi cookies

I had a problem with my computer - last night I hibernated it, which I assume completed fine, as it turned off but I didn't monitor it closely or anything.
    I am running Windows 10 Pro version 2004 (OS build 19041.450) with latest updates.

Today when I turned it on, it started as if it was shutdown, instead of continuing from he point at which it was hibernated. Also, not sure if this matters but my monitor was turned off and I don't remember turning it off.
    Not that it matters for hibernation but the power hasn't gone out at any point from last night to today, I have other machines running that would make me 100% notice if it did.

I woke my computer today at around 11:25 and in my EventViewer there is a single critical event that occurred at 11:26:39, which is:

"The system has rebooted without cleanly shutting down first. This error could be caused if the system stopped responding, crashed, or lost power unexpectedly."

Mind you no critical event was recorded at the time of hibernation. In fact this is the only critical event for the last 7 days.

The only error events around the time of hibernation and startup are the following error:

"The server Microsoft.Windows.Photos_2020.20070.10002.0_x64__8wekyb3d8bbwe!App.AppXy9rh3t8m2jfpvhhxp6y2ksgeq77vy mbq.mca did not register with DCOM within the required timeout."

That is the last event right before hibernation and then again today at 11:25:33.

These are the events from today's startup:
    (aforementioned critical)
    11:26:39 - Critical - "The system has rebooted without cleanly shutting down first. This error could be caused if the system stopped responding, crashed, or lost power unexpectedly."
    11:26:42 - Error - "The previous system shutdown at 11:25:34 AM on ‎3/‎09/‎2020 was unexpected."
    11:26:42 - Error - "Audit events have been dropped by the transport. 0"
    11:26:45 - Error - "The computer has rebooted from a bugcheck. The bugcheck was: 0x0000007e (0xffffffffc0000005, 0xfffff80665165c8b, 0xffffd20d1d19bc38, 0xffffd20d1d19b470). A dump was saved in: C:\Windows\MEMORY.DMP. Report Id: 125794f2-422f-4a30-b392-6b9241d1d205."

I know normally this shouldn't be such a big deal, but:
    1. I've never had a computer do a clean start after hibernation, instead of resuming.
    2. Much more bizarrely - my Vivaldi web browser now loses all cookies after restarting the computer. It has default settings to allow cookies and keep browsing data for three months. Never had such a problem with it before.

Potential cause of the problem:
    Since I fiddled with disabling some services only to find out Windows 10 needs just about every little pesky annoyance to work properly, I used this script/command to restore all my services to defaults: Restore Windows Services to Default Startup Settings
    I saved the commands to a *.bat file and ran it. I didn't restart after that.

I just checked and the computer hibernates just fine.

V2 logs: WeTransfer

:)

ehfoiaefoaeifh, Sep 3, 2020

2. Clean start instead of resuming from hibernation and Vivaldi cookies

I had a problem with my computer - last night I hibernated it, which I assume completed fine, as it turned off but I didn't monitor it closely or anything.
    I am running Windows 10 Pro version 2004 (OS build 19041.450) with latest updates.

Today when I turned it on, it started as if it was shutdown, instead of continuing from he point at which it was hibernated. Also, not sure if this matters but my monitor was turned off and I don't remember turning it off.
    Not that it matters for hibernation but the power hasn't gone out at any point from last night to today, I have other machines running that would make me 100% notice if it did.

I woke my computer today at around 11:25 and in my EventViewer there is a single critical event that occurred at 11:26:39, which is:

"The system has rebooted without cleanly shutting down first. This error could be caused if the system stopped responding, crashed, or lost power unexpectedly."

Mind you no critical event was recorded at the time of hibernation. In fact this is the only critical event for the last 7 days.

The only error events around the time of hibernation and startup are the following error:

"The server Microsoft.Windows.Photos_2020.20070.10002.0_x64__8wekyb3d8bbwe!App.AppXy9rh3t8m2jfpvhhxp6y2ksgeq77vy mbq.mca did not register with DCOM within the required timeout."

That is the last event right before hibernation and then again today at 11:25:33.

These are the events from today's startup:
    (aforementioned critical)
    11:26:39 - Critical - "The system has rebooted without cleanly shutting down first. This error could be caused if the system stopped responding, crashed, or lost power unexpectedly."
    11:26:42 - Error - "The previous system shutdown at 11:25:34 AM on ‎3/‎09/‎2020 was unexpected."
    11:26:42 - Error - "Audit events have been dropped by the transport. 0"
    11:26:45 - Error - "The computer has rebooted from a bugcheck. The bugcheck was: 0x0000007e (0xffffffffc0000005, 0xfffff80665165c8b, 0xffffd20d1d19bc38, 0xffffd20d1d19b470). A dump was saved in: C:\Windows\MEMORY.DMP. Report Id: 125794f2-422f-4a30-b392-6b9241d1d205."

I know normally this shouldn't be such a big deal, but:
    1. I've never had a computer do a clean start after hibernation, instead of resuming.
    2. Much more bizarrely - my Vivaldi web browser now loses all cookies after restarting the computer. It has default settings to allow cookies and keep browsing data for three months. Never had such a problem with it before.

Potential cause of the problem:
    Since I fiddled with disabling some services only to find out Windows 10 needs just about every little pesky annoyance to work properly, I used this script/command to restore all my services to defaults: Restore Windows Services to Default Startup Settings
    I saved the commands to a *.bat file and ran it. I didn't restart after that.

I just checked and the computer hibernates just fine.

V2 logs: WeTransfer

ehfoiaefoaeifh, Sep 4, 2020
  3. atinfo Win User
    Resume From Hibernate Crash! [Shut down instead resume]]

Toshiba Satellite S55-B5268 hibernate is not work, when select hibernate, Win 10 goes to hibernate, after about 10 second screen will be black and laptop will be off. When press Power button to resume from Hibernate, after 5 second laptop goes off automatically, and when press the Power button again, Win 10 goes to Log on instead resume from Hibernate.
    Sorry for my bad English.

atinfo, Sep 4, 2020
  4. David Haz Win User

Clean start instead of resuming from hibernation and Vivaldi cookies

Windows 10 fails to resume from hibernation

It could be that some of the third-party applications installed on your device is preventing your device to resume from hibernate. We suggest that you perform a clean boot in Windows. Performing a clean boot would eliminate software conflicts with in your
    device. You may follow the steps here on how to perform a clean boot in Windows.

If you need further assistance, feel free to ask us.

David Haz, Sep 4, 2020
Thema:

Clean start instead of resuming from hibernation and Vivaldi cookies

1. Clean start instead of resuming from hibernation and Vivaldi cookies - Similar Threads - Clean start instead

2. clean cookies

in Cortana
    clean cookies: how do I clean cookies https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/clean-cookies/a8215aa5-59f3-4e30-a8cd-90b2f13c1bd4
  3. clean cookies

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    clean cookies: how do I clean cookies https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/clean-cookies/a8215aa5-59f3-4e30-a8cd-90b2f13c1bd4
  4. BugCheck resuming from Hibernate

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BugCheck resuming from Hibernate: Hi, Everyday when I stop working, I put my computer in hibernate mode. Next morning when I turn on the PC, it simply don't resume correctly from hibernate mode. It doesn't show anything, but, checking the Event Viewer I have identified an event like this: Log Name:...
  5. Resume from Hibernate Issue

in Windows 10 Support
    Resume from Hibernate Issue: Hello, I normally use Hibernate when machine is not needed for extended periods. Previously, machine would start at the same place where I left it, including all programs open etc. Now, with 1909 and maybe even a prior version, I noticed that all open programs are now...
  6. BSOD resuming from Hibernate

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD resuming from Hibernate: This also happened with Windows 8.x but it persisted after I upgraded to Windows 10. It's an older machine with limited support, but I'd like to try and use it if I can. It's a tank of a laptop. Attachment 40024 Thanks 24447
  7. Computer resumes automatically from hibernation!!

in Windows 10 Support
    Computer resumes automatically from hibernation!!: Hello Guys, I've Configured my Desktop Server to accept WOL packets, Every thing works fine and it wakes from shutdown with no problems over lan. Ok my main problem is that if i tried to hibernate the machine , th machine turns off and after 2 seconds it resumes...
  8. Hibernation Resume

in Windows 10 Support
    Hibernation Resume: When I resume from hibernation It goes thru screens asking if I like this one. How do I stop this? 32155
  9. Resume From Hibernate Crash! [Shut down instead resume]]

in Windows 10 Support
    Resume From Hibernate Crash! [Shut down instead resume]]: Toshiba Satellite S55-B5268 hibernate is not work, when select hibernate, Win 10 goes to hibernate, after about 10 second screen will be black and laptop will be off. When press Power button to resume from Hibernate, after 5 second laptop goes off automatically, and when...
  10. "Resume from Hibernation"?

in Windows 10 Support
    "Resume from Hibernation"?: I have been using Win10 since July. It has been working fine. Just recently I noticed a blue screen at boot up stating, "resume from hibernation". I have never used hibernation in my life. Sleep mode, yes. Hibernation, no. But I have an SSD and don't use sleep anymore. I do a...