Windows 10: Clean Startup entries on Task Manager

Discus and support Clean Startup entries on Task Manager in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hello everyone. I hope you all are doing well this days. So, well. My question is, how can I delete some 'void' entries on the Startup tab on the Task... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Ghost82, Mar 27, 2020.

1. Ghost82 Win User

Clean Startup entries on Task Manager

Hello everyone. I hope you all are doing well this days.

So, well. My question is, how can I delete some 'void' entries on the Startup tab on the Task Manager. Here's my screen and what I want to delete. I suspect them are two old entries from uninstalled software.

Clean Startup entries on Task Manager [​IMG]

:)

Ghost82, Mar 27, 2020
  2. dotmarty Win User

Windows 10 - cannot add exec to Startup in Task Manager

I purchased a new computer with Windows 10 already installed. I am trying to add an exec to the startup list but Win10 will not accept it. The exec runs successfully on my Windows 10 machine if I start it manually.

Steps I've taken: Task Manager, Startup Tab, File>Run New Task. (browse to location, select.) It will start immediately, but does not show up on the list to autostart, nor does it start on reboot.

Any suggestions?

dotmarty, Mar 27, 2020
  3. Task Manager-Startup

Here are three methods to invoke a task:

1. By placing a program or a shortcut into this folder:

c:\Users\Michael\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs\Startup
    2. By specifying it in this registry location: HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run
    3. By creating a scheduled task that gets triggered at startup or at logon time.

Frederik Long, Mar 27, 2020
  4. Clean Startup entries on Task Manager

My pc takes for ever to shut down when i restart

Suggest cleaning up your startup list .There may be many services / Apps you can remove on startup which is not needed on boot or during shutdown.
    Before you shutdown the Pc check what is running in Task Manager as a program or service in not killing the process on shutdown

Would suggest cleaning up running apps and services -Autoruns, StartupMonitor,HighjackThis,
    Malware Scan - Malwarebytes,ADWcleaner, Combofix

SnakeDoctor, Mar 27, 2020
Thema:

Clean Startup entries on Task Manager

1. Clean Startup entries on Task Manager - Similar Threads - Clean Startup entries

2. Nothing in Startup or Task Manager Startup

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Nothing in Startup or Task Manager Startup: The title is basically my question. I’ve tried deleted and remaking the Startup file in the user specific and other startup file. I’ve restarted File Explorer, restarted my PC some times, and I’m going to run an SFC scan when I’m back on my PC. What other thing can I do if...
  3. Nothing in Startup or Task Manager Startup

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Nothing in Startup or Task Manager Startup: The title is basically my question. I’ve tried deleted and remaking the Startup file in the user specific and other startup file. I’ve restarted File Explorer, restarted my PC some times, and I’m going to run an SFC scan when I’m back on my PC. What other thing can I do if...
  4. Removing Entries From the Task Manager Startup Tab

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Removing Entries From the Task Manager Startup Tab: I'm able to disable Microsoft Edge, Microsoft Teams and Windows Terminal in the Task Bar Startup tab but I haven't found a way to remove them.I've checked both 'Run' keys in the registry but they aren't there.Is there a way to remove these entries??James...
  5. Removing Entries From the Task Manager Startup Tab

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Removing Entries From the Task Manager Startup Tab: I'm able to disable Microsoft Edge, Microsoft Teams and Windows Terminal in the Task Bar Startup tab but I haven't found a way to remove them.I've checked both 'Run' keys in the registry but they aren't there.Is there a way to remove these entries??James...
  6. Startup in Task Manager

in Windows 10 Customization
    Startup in Task Manager: Windows 10. My Startup page in Task Manager shows no programs, yet I still have a program starting upon startup. I have already tried a few "fixes" recommended online, without success, such as: - Recreating the Startup file in...
  7. Remedy unidentified entry in Task Manager's StartUps ?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Remedy unidentified entry in Task Manager's StartUps ?: In Task Manager's StartUp there is an entry : 'PROGRAM', whose USEFUL Context Menu entries are greyed out. If 'Command Line' is ticked in the Context Menu of the Column Headings, the command line of ALL the entries becomes visible, thus identifying the programs - and they all...
  8. Task Manager-Startup

Task Manager-Startup: I would like to be able to add, delete and/or edit items in the start menu. Is there a way I can do this? I assume this is a registry edit. Information on this will be greatly appreciated. Thanks for your attention....
  9. Clean task manager?

Clean task manager?: Is there anyway for me to drop the amount of processes i am using in task manager i feel like 162 processes is quite a bit and i don't know what to get rid of without ruining my pc. https://imgur.com/a/YpI5Hcz...
  10. Task Manager Startup

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Task Manager Startup: Need to know what startup apps can I safely disable in order to improve startup (I keep getting this notification about these apps slowing down this process) 27416