Windows 10: Clean up disk

Discus and support Clean up disk in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Which is the best way to clean the diskMy Disk has to be cleaned... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Default_320, Oct 20, 2021.

1. Clean up disk

Which is the best way to clean the diskMy Disk has to be cleaned

:)

Default_320, Oct 20, 2021

2. DISK CLEANUP

Hello,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

1. Which files are you trying to delete using disk clean up?
    2. Which version of Windows are you currently using?

Please reply back with the information to the above questions in order to provide you with appropriate troubleshooting steps:

I understand that you are trying to free up memory using Disk Cleanup. If you are trying to delete files using disk cleanup on Windows 10, I suggest you to refer the following article on

Disk cleanup in Windows 10
    for steps to perform disk clean up on your PC.

Hope it helps.

Sandeep Kumar M

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Sandeep_KM, Oct 20, 2021
  3. Fernandz Win User
    How To Format A Write Protected Flash Memory ?

¿You already tried this one?...

Run CMD

1. diskpart
    2. list disk

Then in the 3º step, put the correct number of disk in the list for the usb flash (if it's listed in disk 3, then you'll have to write select disk 3).

2. select disk #
    3. clean
    4. create partition primary
    5. select partition 1
    6. active
    7. format fs=fat32
    8. assign
    9. exit

with that commands you will format the flash drive in fat32, if you have a large drive you can select also "format fs=ntfs" in step 7.

good luck!

Fernandz, Oct 20, 2021
  4. Clean up disk

Windows 10 infinite restart black screen

The tutorials provided are just a list of troubleshooting steps. Use only the steps which apply to you.

Since none of the troubleshooting steps here worked, I'd suggest you do a Clean install.

John

AmericanPharaoh, Oct 20, 2021
Thema:

Clean up disk

1. Clean up disk - Similar Threads - Clean disk

2. Disk Cleanup not cleaning Windows Update Clean-up

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Disk Cleanup not cleaning Windows Update Clean-up: For a bit, I have been trying to get rid of Windows Update Clean-up in Disk Cleanup, but it is not working. I have tried searching but every answer I find either does not relate to my situation/does not work. It has gotten so bad that it has accumulated to 8.30GB.I would...
  3. Disk Cleanup not cleaning Windows Update Clean-up

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Disk Cleanup not cleaning Windows Update Clean-up: For a bit, I have been trying to get rid of Windows Update Clean-up in Disk Cleanup, but it is not working. I have tried searching but every answer I find either does not relate to my situation/does not work. It has gotten so bad that it has accumulated to 8.30GB.I would...
  4. how to recover a cleaned disk drive after reinstalling windows

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how to recover a cleaned disk drive after reinstalling windows: alright so a while ago I was dealing with a issue where I had the blue error loop death screen usually all I needed to do was use a restore point but, this time it wasn't working thats when I tried everything and searched on YouTube found this one video, followed the steps...
  5. how to recover a cleaned disk drive after reinstalling windows

how to recover a cleaned disk drive after reinstalling windows: alright so a while ago I was dealing with a issue where I had the blue error loop death screen usually all I needed to do was use a restore point but, this time it wasn't working thats when I tried everything and searched on YouTube found this one video, followed the steps...
  6. how to recover a cleaned disk drive after reinstalling windows

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  7. Disk CleanUp doesn't clean up all files

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Disk CleanUp doesn't clean up all files: Windows 10 - Disk cleanup will not delete Temp. Int or Thumbnail files no matter what I do. Did %temp%, scan now, all DISM's took forever, storage sense on, everything others recommend but nothing I do cleans up Temp. Int. or Thumbnails. What else can I do short of...
  8. Disk CleanUp doesn't clean up all files

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Disk CleanUp doesn't clean up all files: Windows 10 - Disk cleanup will not delete Temp. Int or Thumbnail files no matter what I do. Did %temp%, scan now, all DISM's took forever, storage sense on, everything others recommend but nothing I do cleans up Temp. Int. or Thumbnails. What else can I do short of...
  9. Disk CleanUp doesn't clean up all files

10. Disk Clean not completing when resetting pc

Disk Clean not completing when resetting pc: Tried multiple times to reset pc ready for a sale so selecting clean disk. Keeps failing and tried troubleshooting but not overly technical so really struggling with the command prompt actions. Please help!!...