Windows 10: Clean Up Notification Items for Uninstalled Software

Discus and support Clean Up Notification Items for Uninstalled Software in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Is there any way to clean up, as in delete, entries in the Notification Settings for software that has been uninstalled. Third item in the list,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Homer712, Feb 24, 2021.

1. Homer712 Win User

Clean Up Notification Items for Uninstalled Software

Is there any way to clean up, as in delete, entries in the Notification Settings for software that has been uninstalled. Third item in the list, SyncBackPro has been uninstalled, yet still shows up in the list, with a "generic" icon no less, so Windows must know its gone. Was uninstalled via Revo Uninstaller Pro.

So far what I tried was reinstalling the software and then trying the uninstall via "Programs and Features" Control Panel. That didn't work. Not a big deal, just one of those annoying Microsoft "gifts" that gets left behind.

Any ideas?

Clean Up Notification Items for Uninstalled Software [​IMG]

:)

Homer712, Feb 24, 2021
  2. dalchina Win User

How to supress App notifications switch after software uninstall

Hi, I suggest this:
    1. reinstall Seer.
    2. uninstall it with either
    Revo uninstaller
    or
    Geek uninstaller
    (you'll need to download and install these- free)
    Using whichever of those you prefer (I like Geek uninstaller and routinely use it for straightforward uninstalls) uninstall Seer. They will then perform a scan for leftovers.

Hopefully that will clean up the notification list.

Easier than try to search the registry and find program leftovers!

You may be one of the few who find Win 10 straightforward- I'd have thought it a shock coming from a Mac..

dalchina, Feb 24, 2021
  3. (SOLVED/CLOSED)looking for help with Android phone CONSTANT wireless signal notification

Yeah, thats not a solution she is interested in......I've suggested that course of action. Thanks though.

Just to clarify, I feel that there MUST be a step, or series of steps to turn off JUST the wireless notification sound. Thats what Im driving @ here.

jboydgolfer, Feb 24, 2021
  4. Blueskip Win User

How to supress App notifications switch after software uninstall

Hi Dalchina,

I used the Revo uninstaller software monitoring feature to track down the different items altered by the installs.
    Some items were left over and I did a regedit to delete them manually.
    Ultimately I reloaded the Appdb registry key and restarted the explorer process.
    Ultimately I rebooted and this fixed the app list in the notification panel, whohoo!

This wasn't really easy, so thanks for your help, very appreciated.

kind regards,

Blueskip, Feb 24, 2021
Thema:

1. Clean Up Notification Items for Uninstalled Software - Similar Threads - Clean Notification Items

2. PC Cleaning Software

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC Cleaning Software: Can you recommend me any pc cleaning software that is trusted and not fake and non malware? I search and find all pc cleaning software such as ccleaner, advanced system care, wise disk cleaner, game booster etc but these softwares are fake and scam and will detected as...
  3. PC Cleaning Software

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    PC Cleaning Software: Can you recommend me any pc cleaning software that is trusted and not fake and non malware? I search and find all pc cleaning software such as ccleaner, advanced system care, wise disk cleaner, game booster etc but these softwares are fake and scam and will detected as...
  4. To Uninstall Software

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    To Uninstall Software: Uninstall software and remove unwanted programs installed on your computer even if you have problems uninstalling and cannot uninstall them from "Windows Add or Remove Programs" control panel....
  5. "Item Collected" Clipboard Notification not showing up anymore

in Windows 10 Customization
    "Item Collected" Clipboard Notification not showing up anymore: Whenever I copy a text onto clipboard the yellow notification that the item is collected is no longer popping up. I've turned Clipboard history off and on again and it's still not working. It has all of a sudden stopped working. I'm not sure what to do....
  6. Software uninstall

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Software uninstall: I am trying to uninstall Quicken 2016. I am running windows10. I get error code 1721 when I try to uninstall. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/software-uninstall/4a476f38-a657-4ac2-880f-13ee9501abef
  7. AC Clean Uninstaller

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    AC Clean Uninstaller: Envt Cisco ISE 2.3 patch 4 build 098 AnyConnect 4.5 ,4.6 latest builds (both manual setup and msi distribution via SMS) Windows 10 1607-1809 laptops Symantec SEP 14 AV Windows Firewall enabled When required like when install doesnot work properly and uninstall is...
  8. Which is the best software to clean/speed up pc?

Which is the best software to clean/speed up pc?: Which is the best software to clean/speed up pc? I feel my pc is slow. Menus dont show up after I click , after some seconds it does. Right click on desktop takes some seconds for the options to show up. I got 650GB free space. I have CCleaner but I want some good program...
  9. How to supress App notifications switch after software uninstall

How to supress App notifications switch after software uninstall: Hi everyone, I'm a newbie on this forum, and very keen to learn from you guys. I returned to a win/pc environment after 10 years using mac only. So far so good as I find windows 10 very straight forward. I have a question regarding the applications notifications. In...
  10. Software Environment missing items

in Windows 10 Support
    Software Environment missing items: Hey there, I was just wondering these missing items under Software Environment / Running Tasks should be there or ... ? Win 10 Pro 64-bit Thank you, 59187