Windows 10: Clean up system files in Disk Cleanup not opening

Discus and support Clean up system files in Disk Cleanup not opening in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; My Windows 10 get recently updated with latest feature update. After this update, I can opendisk cleanup but if I click on Clean up system files then... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Anoop K Sharma, Jul 12, 2020.

1. Clean up system files in Disk Cleanup not opening

My Windows 10 get recently updated with latest feature update. After this update, I can opendisk cleanup but if I click on Clean up system files then nothing happens.

I have waited for a while say 10 minutes, but still nothing pops up.

:)

Anoop K Sharma, Jul 12, 2020

2. DISK CLEANUP

Hello,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

1. Which files are you trying to delete using disk clean up?
    2. Which version of Windows are you currently using?

Please reply back with the information to the above questions in order to provide you with appropriate troubleshooting steps:

I understand that you are trying to free up memory using Disk Cleanup. If you are trying to delete files using disk cleanup on Windows 10, I suggest you to refer the following article on

Disk cleanup in Windows 10
    for steps to perform disk clean up on your PC.

Hope it helps.

Sandeep Kumar M

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Sandeep_KM, Jul 12, 2020
  3. DaveM121 Win User
    Files in disk cleanup

Hi Lynne

Rest assured, it is totally safe to delete everything suggested by the Disk Cleanup Process, please tun the Disk Cleanup twice as explained below, please remember to untick your Downloads folder if you actually store files in that folder . . .

Open File Explorer

Click on your hard drive

On the Manage Tab, click Cleanup

Let Disk Cleanup do its initial scan

Select Everything in the list and choose Delete

Start Disk Cleanup again

This time in the resulting dialog, click 'Cleanup System Files'

Let Disk Cleanup run another scan

DaveM121, Jul 12, 2020
  4. DaveM121 Win User

Clean up system files in Disk Cleanup not opening

Disk Clean Up

Hi Clive, use Disk Cleanup, it will only suggest and delete files and folders that are safe to delete . . .

Open File Explorer

Click on your hard drive

On the Manage Tab, click Cleanup

Start Disk Cleanup again

This time in the resulting dialog, click 'Cleanup System Files'

Let Disk Cleanup run another scan

DaveM121, Jul 12, 2020
Thema:

Clean up system files in Disk Cleanup not opening

1. Clean up system files in Disk Cleanup not opening - Similar Threads - Clean system files

2. Disk Cleanup not cleaning Windows Update Clean-up

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Disk Cleanup not cleaning Windows Update Clean-up: For a bit, I have been trying to get rid of Windows Update Clean-up in Disk Cleanup, but it is not working. I have tried searching but every answer I find either does not relate to my situation/does not work. It has gotten so bad that it has accumulated to 8.30GB.I would...
  3. Disk Cleanup not cleaning Windows Update Clean-up

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Disk Cleanup not cleaning Windows Update Clean-up: For a bit, I have been trying to get rid of Windows Update Clean-up in Disk Cleanup, but it is not working. I have tried searching but every answer I find either does not relate to my situation/does not work. It has gotten so bad that it has accumulated to 8.30GB.I would...
  4. Disk CleanUp doesn't clean up all files

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Disk CleanUp doesn't clean up all files: Windows 10 - Disk cleanup will not delete Temp. Int or Thumbnail files no matter what I do. Did %temp%, scan now, all DISM's took forever, storage sense on, everything others recommend but nothing I do cleans up Temp. Int. or Thumbnails. What else can I do short of...
  5. Disk CleanUp doesn't clean up all files

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Disk CleanUp doesn't clean up all files: Windows 10 - Disk cleanup will not delete Temp. Int or Thumbnail files no matter what I do. Did %temp%, scan now, all DISM's took forever, storage sense on, everything others recommend but nothing I do cleans up Temp. Int. or Thumbnails. What else can I do short of...
  6. Disk CleanUp doesn't clean up all files

7. Disk Cleanup is not cleaning up Temporary files.

Disk Cleanup is not cleaning up Temporary files.: My BitDefender antivirus detected and quarantined malware, but I wanted to take proper measures and delete all temporary files and restore points. That is when this problem happened. Disk Cleanup is showing that I have 8.41 GB of temporary files but does not delete them at...
  8. Disk Cleanup is not cleaning up Temporary files.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Disk Cleanup is not cleaning up Temporary files.: My BitDefender antivirus detected and quarantined malware, but I wanted to take proper measures and delete all temporary files and restore points. That is when this problem happened. Disk Cleanup is showing that I have 8.41 GB of temporary files but does not delete them at...
  9. Disk Cleanup is not cleaning up Temporary files.

in Windows 10 Gaming
  10. Clean up system files not available in "Disk Cleanup"?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Clean up system files not available in "Disk Cleanup"?: Hi, I am working with a Lenovo notebook with only a 30GB harddrive for the OS and I've done a Repair reinstall. Only there are now only 2.22GB free of the 30GBs and I need to install a copy of Microsoft Office. I've done this on other notebook laptops and was able to get...