Windows 10: Clean up tags appearing in autocomplete lists

Discus and support Clean up tags appearing in autocomplete lists in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I want to delete unused tags from the autocomplete list that appears when I tag a file. How do I do that?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by YvonneBerry, Dec 3, 2019.

1. Clean up tags appearing in autocomplete lists

I want to delete unused tags from the autocomplete list that appears when I tag a file. How do I do that?

:)

YvonneBerry, Dec 3, 2019

2. File tags lookup/autocomplete lists

On my old laptop when I'm editing tags on photo files, Windows Explorer "remembers" tags I've used and offers me a lookup list of those (autocomplete style - as I continue typing the list would get shorter to match) when I'm tagging subsequent files. Here's
    a photo showing an example:

I'd tagged a previous photo with "Deer" and when I go to tag the next as soon as I type "D" that list box popped up.

My new laptop does not have this functionality. Is this a Windows setting that I need to change? Function of a third-party software that I have installed on the old laptop but not the new? I'd appreciate any advice you can offer on this as I tag hundreds
    of photos at a time and I'm really missing my autocomplete lists. Both laptops have the most up-to-date version of Windows 10, but I bought the new laptop with it already installed whereas I migrated my old laptop from Windows 7 last year. (But the tag list
    functionality still works).

MatthewBokach, Dec 3, 2019
  3. Deb240 Win User
    autocomplete list in windows 10 mail app

How do I remove an address in the autocomplete list in the Windows 10 mail app? I have a name that appears in the autocomplete list that I don't see in my Peoples app; thus I'm not able to delete the name by going to the Peoples app. The suggested autocomplete
    address is no longer an active address thus I would like it removed from the autocomplete list.

Deb240, Dec 3, 2019
  4. emh123 Win User

Clean up tags appearing in autocomplete lists

Autocomplete Tags in Windows Explorer Incomplete?

Hi,

I'm currently reorganising several thousand photos, and use the 'tags' feature in Windows Explorer a lot. On my old laptop (Windows 8), I used the autocomplete / tag suggestions, in which previous tags are shown in a drop down list as I type - this saved
    a lot of time for me. However, on this computer (Windows 10) it seems to be incomplete - some tags are showing up in the drop down list, but ones I know I've used are not showing up. The missing tags include ones I entered weeks ago, with many restarts since
    then. The tags are still present on the files to which they were added and the files do correctly show up in search results when searching for those tags, but I still can't get the tags to show up in the suggestions. I've tried changing settings to allow the
    contents of the folder to be indexed, but this hasn't made a difference. I've also tried rebuilding the search index, again this didn't help. I've searched online looking for a solution, but haven't found anyone with this problem.

What should I do in order to get the autocomplete tag suggestions to refresh or update to show the missing tags? Or is there a setting I should change?

Thank you

emh123, Dec 3, 2019
Thema:

Clean up tags appearing in autocomplete lists

1. Clean up tags appearing in autocomplete lists - Similar Threads - Clean tags appearing

2. Windows 10 Tag list

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows 10 Tag list: I've seen a lot of posts on this, but I haven't seen any resolutions yet. Does anyone know how to clear the photo/file tag list in Windows 10? When tagging a file there is an auto-complete list that comes up. This list seems to have a lot of old references though as I've...
  3. Windows 10 Tag list

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 Tag list: I've seen a lot of posts on this, but I haven't seen any resolutions yet. Does anyone know how to clear the photo/file tag list in Windows 10? When tagging a file there is an auto-complete list that comes up. This list seems to have a lot of old references though as I've...
  4. Windows 10 Tag list

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. Pictures - Not Tagged and List of Tags Used for Photos

in Windows 10 Support
    Pictures - Not Tagged and List of Tags Used for Photos: This is my first time using this site so please let me know if this isn't the appropriate place to get answers to the two questions listed below: 1. Is there any way to do a search on my pictures folder in Windows 10 that will identify all pictures that have not been tagged?...
  6. Tags "autofill" not listing tags

Tags "autofill" not listing tags: Good evening, Over the last few years I've been slowly tagging everything in my picture/video library. I recently bought a new laptop, and have since come across an issue: previously, when I started typing in the tags box in Windows Explorer, a dropdown list of all the tags...
  7. How can I clean up my list of tags in Windows 10?

How can I clean up my list of tags in Windows 10?: My list of existing tags includes many that were typos when I created them. I have tracked down all occurrences of these and deleted the erroneous tags, but they still appear on list as valid current alternatives. This makes the list bloated and less usable. How can I delete...
  8. Edit metadata autocomplete list for pictures/music files

Edit metadata autocomplete list for pictures/music files: I cannot find a way to delete/edit the autocomplete list displayed when editing the metadata on pictures. I get a list of previous entries (some of which are just plain junk) and would like to delete those as suggestions. I tried the steps with the following link and did not...
  9. Autocomplete Tags in Windows Explorer Incomplete?

Autocomplete Tags in Windows Explorer Incomplete?: Hi, I'm currently reorganising several thousand photos, and use the 'tags' feature in Windows Explorer a lot. On my old laptop (Windows 8), I used the autocomplete / tag suggestions, in which previous tags are shown in a drop down list as I type - this saved a lot of time...
  10. How do I clean out File;Properties;Details;Tags dropdown lists

in Windows 10 Support
    How do I clean out File;Properties;Details;Tags dropdown lists: I have over the last year or so populated this dropdown with many entries that I now want to remove. I see how to do it file by file (thanks to your tutorials) but would like to reset/clear out these dropdown lists to start again. Many thanks [img] 113529

Users found this page by searching for:

1. how to delete unused tags for photos in windows 10

2. tags on photos windows 10 autocomplete