Windows 10: Clean up Win 10 laptop

Discus and support Clean up Win 10 laptop in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I was given a used win 10 laptop which came with win10 pro preinstalled. It also came with some 15 programs preinstalled (CorelDraw X5, MS Office 2010,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Tony Vella, Oct 24, 2018.

1. Clean up Win 10 laptop

I was given a used win 10 laptop which came with win10 pro preinstalled. It also came with some 15 programs preinstalled (CorelDraw X5, MS Office 2010, DVD Pro 9, etc.). What I would like to do is revert the laptop so that it has win 10 pro ONLY installed. I suppose I could uninstall the unwanted programs by hand individually but that, I am told, leaves all kinds of bits and pieces of each uninstalled program. So my question is: Is there a way of reverting the laptop to win 10 pro only; just clean, virgin win 10 without the usual left-over junk in appdata and registry? Obviously, I do not have a win 10 pro disc and so, I presume, a complete format and reinstall win 10 is not an option.

I am not very tech savvy and any information, advice, suggestions, etc. are appreciated in advance.

Regards from Ottawa, Canada.

I forgot to mention that I have all my personal data/files backed up on two separate external units.
    Thanks again.

:)

Tony Vella, Oct 24, 2018
  2. HAT
    hat Win User

Cleaning off a Mac Laptop

cleaning it?

Step 1: buy about a half gallon of gasoline.

Step 2: douse laptop in gasoline.

Step 3: toss a burning match onto laptop.

Step 4: watch the fire clense your laptop.

3. Windows 10 infinite restart black screen

The tutorials provided are just a list of troubleshooting steps. Use only the steps which apply to you.

Since none of the troubleshooting steps here worked, I'd suggest you do a Clean install.

John

AmericanPharaoh, Oct 24, 2018
  4. Clean up Win 10 laptop

Need to clean laptop HDD - would this be sufficient?

I have a laptop drive that I need to clean as I will be selling it along with the laptop. I can open the laptop, place the drive in a desktop and then format/clean but would prefer not to as it is a bit complicated to take it apart. I plan on wiping the drive of all data with cleaning software and then reinstall Win 10.

I am wondering if this would be sufficient to clean all data off the drive:

- Do a full re-install of Win 10 via bootable media. All of the other non-OS data will be deleted (but the data will still be on the HDD).

- Load CCleaner and run the Drive Wiper utility and wipe "Free Space Only" as shown here:
    https://images.techhive.com/images/a...79711-orig.jpg

That should wipe all of the data that was deleted and not allocated to the new install of Win 10.

Do you think that will be sufficient to fully and permanently clean all data off the drive? Or is it still recommended to fully wipe the entire drive prior to re-installing Win 10?

Flogger23m, Oct 24, 2018
Thema:

Clean up Win 10 laptop

1. Clean up Win 10 laptop - Similar Threads - Clean laptop

2. "MRB", "EFI" and "GPT" problem when trying to Clean-Install W11 onto my Dell laptop.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    "MRB", "EFI" and "GPT" problem when trying to Clean-Install W11 onto my Dell laptop.: I encountered this problem when trying to Clean-Install Windows 11 to my Dell Latitude 7430 laptop today, please see all three attached pictures. From what I can gather from google it looks like it could have something to do with the "Boot Sequence" or "Boot Mode" of the...
  3. "MRB", "EFI" and "GPT" problem when trying to Clean-Install W11 onto my Dell laptop.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    "MRB", "EFI" and "GPT" problem when trying to Clean-Install W11 onto my Dell laptop.: I encountered this problem when trying to Clean-Install Windows 11 to my Dell Latitude 7430 laptop today, please see all three attached pictures. From what I can gather from google it looks like it could have something to do with the "Boot Sequence" or "Boot Mode" of the...
  4. Would I get to keep my copy of office 2019 which came with my laptop upon clean...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Would I get to keep my copy of office 2019 which came with my laptop upon clean...: Hey!I was willing to do a clean installation of windows 11 on my laptop which, I purchased in 2021 it came with a copy of student office 2019.My concern is that if I do a clean installation of windows 11 on my laptop would it be possible to download and still activate it...
  5. Would I get to keep my copy of office 2019 which came with my laptop upon clean...

Would I get to keep my copy of office 2019 which came with my laptop upon clean...: Hey!I was willing to do a clean installation of windows 11 on my laptop which, I purchased in 2021 it came with a copy of student office 2019.My concern is that if I do a clean installation of windows 11 on my laptop would it be possible to download and still activate it...
  6. I am cleaning my laptop of a game but there is this one stubborn file at the end that wont...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I am cleaning my laptop of a game but there is this one stubborn file at the end that wont...: The following message just appears whenever I try to delete it. Everything else was deleted fine. I am not good that good with computers. Please help!...
  7. I am cleaning my laptop of a game but there is this one stubborn file at the end that wont...

I am cleaning my laptop of a game but there is this one stubborn file at the end that wont...: The following message just appears whenever I try to delete it. Everything else was deleted fine. I am not good that good with computers. Please help!...
  8. My Laptop has been infected and taken over by "Broom Cleaner, Clean Data Planner, xFinder...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My Laptop has been infected and taken over by "Broom Cleaner, Clean Data Planner, xFinder...: My laptop has been infected by some virus or malware and It has converted every file, image, video, setup and everything else into .cdcc or .cdc format {and I don't even what that is}, Now I can't open any photo, app, setup or anything. Two applications "Broom Cleaner" and...
  9. My Laptop has been infected and taken over by "Broom Cleaner, Clean Data Planner, xFinder...

My Laptop has been infected and taken over by "Broom Cleaner, Clean Data Planner, xFinder...: My laptop has been infected by some virus or malware and It has converted every file, image, video, setup and everything else into .cdcc or .cdc format {and I don't even what that is}, Now I can't open any photo, app, setup or anything. Two applications "Broom Cleaner" and...
  10. My Laptop has been infected and taken over by "Broom Cleaner, Clean Data Planner, xFinder...

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security