Windows 10: Clean upgrade of Windows 10 Pro to 17763 demotes to Home edition

Discus and support Clean upgrade of Windows 10 Pro to 17763 demotes to Home edition in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; I have had Windows 10 Professional Build 17134 running and Activated since 07/18/2018 (slmgr shows a Partial Product Key of 3V66T). I am now... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by ELent, Jan 30, 2019.

1. ELent Win User

Clean upgrade of Windows 10 Pro to 17763 demotes to Home edition

I have had Windows 10 Professional Build 17134 running and Activated since 07/18/2018 (slmgr shows a Partial Product Key of 3V66T).

I am now attempting to do a clean install of Windows 10 Professional Build 17763 from a MediaCreationTool1809.exe-generated .iso, but it installs as Home (Core) complete with all the bloatware, and showing a completely different Partial Product Key 8HVX7 (see below).

I can't say for certain, but the "8HVX7" Key may have been from the original Windows 8.1 Home on the machine, which I subsequently upgraded to Windows 8.1 Pro, then to the free Windows 10 Pro, which has been good ever since up until now.

How do I fix this to get the correct (Pro) edition installed and activated?

Clean upgrade of Windows 10 Pro to 17763 demotes to Home edition fc98a9e3-b1ae-4b85-a84b-466c304efdf6?upload=true.png Clean upgrade of Windows 10 Pro to 17763 demotes to Home edition 7bda05ef-073c-49b4-aa3a-2a0cb876ea29?upload=true.png

:)

ELent, Jan 30, 2019
  2. Remon Ont Win User

Windows 10 pro edition

Hello Raed,

For us to better assist you with your concern about upgrading to Windows 10 pro edition and how to roll back to Windows 7, we would like to know some additional information first:

• Did you get any error messages or error codes?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

To help you on upgrading your Windows 10 Home to Windows 10 Pro, we suggest that you check this

article
    for information and troubleshooting steps.

You can follow the steps provided below to be able to downgrade to Windows 7:

• Open Settings.
    • Select Update & security.
    • Click Recovery tab.
    • Look for the option to "Go back to Windows 7/8", and click on "Get Started" to begin the process.

Hope it helps. Let us know if you need further assistance.

Remon Ont, Jan 30, 2019
  3. Clean Windows 10 (?PRO?) install

I have bought a legit "Windows 10 Pro" key of a key website. It is legit since i'm currently using it for over a year now. I currently have Windows 10 Pro installed on my PC and I want to do a clean install. I just can't find the windows 10 Pro download in the tool. But if i could use a windows 10 pro key with a normal windows 10 install, I'll be good to go.

JeroenBeunckens, Jan 30, 2019
  4. NickSteel Win User

Query on Clean installation of Windows 10 Pro on Windows 7 Pro PC.

Original Title: Windows 7 Pro (from MS upgrade key) to Windows 10 Pro - Clean Install

My Gateway NV7923U X64 came with Windows 7 Home installed.

I purchased an upgrade key from MS and upgraded to Windows 7 Pro.

I need to upgrade to Windows 10 Pro and then do a clean install.

• Will my existing upgraded Windows 7 Pro now upgrade to Windows 10 Pro automatically, or do I need to perform additional steps?
    • Will I be able to do a clean install and have Windows 10 Pro after upgrading?

NickSteel, Jan 30, 2019
Thema:

1. Clean upgrade of Windows 10 Pro to 17763 demotes to Home edition - Similar Threads - Clean upgrade Pro

2. Windows 11 Home clean installed instead of Pro edition

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 Home clean installed instead of Pro edition: Hi ya'll,I just did a clean install on the same computer that I upgraded to Pro from. After install, it is now Win 11 Home. The purchase history in my account shows I purchased it BUT, unlike all the Microsoft claims on how to get the key by email confirmation, I have that...
  3. Upgrading Windows 10 Home Edition to Windows 10 Pro

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Upgrading Windows 10 Home Edition to Windows 10 Pro: I have purchased yesterday a new laptop with windows 10 home edition and paid for an upgrade to Windows 10 Pro from Microsoft Store. However, when i try to activate it wont, asking for a digital license or key. The only thing i manage to retrieve from the order history was...
  4. Upgrade windows 10 home edition to windows pro

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Upgrade windows 10 home edition to windows pro: Hi, My employer have assigned me a product key of windows 10 Pro edition to upgrade my laptop from windows 10 home edition to windows 10 pro. However I am getting below error while trying to do so. Error Message: The Product key you entered didn't work. Check the product...
  5. Upgrading to Windows 10 Pro Edition from Windows 10 Home Edition

Upgrading to Windows 10 Pro Edition from Windows 10 Home Edition: I currently have a license and USB Flash drive containing Windows 10 Home Edition. I'm considering doing the upgrade to Professional Edition for $99. If I perform that upgrade will I then have a new Professional product key that will allow me to perform a clean reinstall...
  6. Upgrade from Home Edition to Pro

Upgrade from Home Edition to Pro: Hello, I purchased an upgrade from Windows 10 Home Edition to Windows 10 Pro Edition. Once the upgrade process starts, it stalls after 10-14% and then I get message that says: "Windows Upgrade Failed Error Code: 0x800f0904 how can I get the upgrade process to complete and...
  7. Windows 10 Home Laptop, upgraded to Pro and clean installs

Windows 10 Home Laptop, upgraded to Pro and clean installs: Hi, If I get a laptop with Windows 10 Home pre-installed, then upgrade it to Pro, what happens during a clean install? Will it install to Home with me having to upgrade to Pro again, each time I do a clean install? This will be a batch of machines for a business, with a...
  8. windows 10 home edition accidentally upgraded to windows 10 pro

windows 10 home edition accidentally upgraded to windows 10 pro: I got windows 10 home edition. I accidentally installed the Windows10Upgrade9252 when my intention was only to update my windows 10 home edition. I want to uninstall the upgrade and recover the version I purchased Windows 10 Home Edition. Please tell me how can I do it....
  9. windows 10 home edition upgrade to windows 10 pro

windows 10 home edition upgrade to windows 10 pro: is this free from Microsoft to upgrade to windows 10 pro? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-home-edition-upgrade-to-windows-10-pro/c9893eb5-b3aa-4a0b-af96-0ee27f5f795f
  10. Clean installing Windows 10 Pro on a Home Edition PC

Clean installing Windows 10 Pro on a Home Edition PC: The computer would get a digital license for Pro stored on Microsoft Activation servers and after the first install, subsequent installs of either Home or Pro on that computer would activate without a product key (although the product key for Windows 10 Home is likely...