Windows 10: Clean WIn 10 Pro Install

Discus and support Clean WIn 10 Pro Install in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Got a new dell with Win 10 Pro. I am putting in a new SSD and want to do a clean install. Is this the correct MS download?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by rinconmike, Mar 9, 2016.

1. Clean WIn 10 Pro Install

Got a new dell with Win 10 Pro. I am putting in a new SSD and want to do a clean install.

Is this the correct MS download?

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/soft...load/windows10

It downloads the media creation tool. Then options are Win 10, Win 10 Home, and Win 10 N. I assume Win 10 is the pro version. I just want to make sure.

If it is not the correct tool, where do I find that?

thanks,

:)

rinconmike, Mar 9, 2016
  2. J Bedford Win User

Windows 10 clean install will not activate

Hi Don,

Thanks for the reply. I have upgraded from my original Win 7 Pro OEM version to Windows 10 Pro and it successfully activated within Win 10 Pro. I then created a Win 10 Pro USB boot disk from the media creation tool within the newly activated Win 10 Pro environment.
    After performing the clean install with the Win 10 Pro USB stick and booting from it I performed a clean install and skipped entering product keys until the end -- still no activation. After attempting to correct my corrupted files with a scan (which did not
    help) I performed another clean install -- still no activation. I ended up reinstalling my Win 7 Pro OEM that came with my Dell Vostro 3550 and re-updated my system with the latest Win 7 updates until the Get Windows 10 application appeared. I then simply
    upgraded to Windows 10 Pro and now I am activated. Since I upgraded from a clean Windows 7 (with latest updates) to Windows 10, I am leaving it as an upgrade (with no clean install) as this current Win 10 Pro installation is as fast
    as a clean install (unlike after the initial upgrade which was very sluggish). Hope this helps.

I am afraid to do a clean install. I think I shall do it at a later stage when things are not so crazy with the activation servers. Would be great to hear if people have performed a clean install (as in my case) and successfully got activated as Microsoft
    indicates would happen.

J Bedford, Mar 9, 2016
  3. Upgrade to Windows 10 Home Single Language, version 1511, 10586 keeps failing

Thank you for the reply. As I said I can do a clean install of Win 10 pro, what I, or Windows update, can't do is install pro or home without doing a clean install. I get this "You can't keep Windows settings, ..., because you're installing an edition of
    Windows that's different...". I looks like I'm going to have to bite the bullet and do a clean install.

BTW my PC had Win 8.1 pro and Windows updated it to Win 10 pro.

EarlCamembert, Mar 9, 2016
  4. NavyLCDR New Member

Clean WIn 10 Pro Install

You want just the plain Windows 10. It will contain both the Home and Pro versions and will either install the version it finds a product key for in Bios or will ask you which version you want to install.

NavyLCDR, Mar 9, 2016
  5. I setup the media and did a clean install; however, it appears it does not install any drivers to include network drivers (neither hard or wifi). Is this normal? This is a new Dell precision 7710.

Previously, I would install the network and most other drivers.

This one with no network driver installed, it sets up a regular account and not an ms account.

Any ideas, or do I now need to manually install the network driver?

rinconmike, Mar 9, 2016
  6. NavyLCDR New Member
    Need to manually install the network adapter driver. Do you still have the old hard drive? You can boot the computer from that. Make a folder called DriversW10 (or whatever you want). From an elevated ("run as administrator") command prompt run:

DISM.exe /online /Export-Driver /Destination:C:\DriversW10

That will export all the drivers that are not included by default with Windows 10 and you can manually upgrade drivers for any "unknown devices" in Device manager by simply pointing the "browse my computer" to the DriversW10 folder on the old hard drive (you can also create the folder on an external drive/flash drive).

NavyLCDR, Mar 9, 2016
  7. i wound up installing the one network driver once in windows and then windows update started its thing. Still surprised it did not have the driver. I tired this on a dell M6800 a few weeks ago. Same scenario and it installed the network driver on its own.

rinconmike, Mar 9, 2016
  8. NavyLCDR New Member

Clean WIn 10 Pro Install

It depends upon which network adapter is in the computer. Might also want to look at the display adapter in device manager and make sure it is not Microsoft Basic Display Adapter.

NavyLCDR, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

Clean WIn 10 Pro Install

1. Clean WIn 10 Pro Install - Similar Threads - Clean Pro Install

2. Clean install of win 11 pro

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Clean install of win 11 pro: I have a laptop running with a digital licence for Win10 Pro. The laptop originally came with Win 10 home but I upgraded to win 10 pro using a key from a win 7 ultimate dvd.Windows update tells me I can update to win 11 pro from my present install and acquire a digital...
  3. Clean install of win 11 pro

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Clean install of win 11 pro: I have a laptop running with a digital licence for Win10 Pro. The laptop originally came with Win 10 home but I upgraded to win 10 pro using a key from a win 7 ultimate dvd.Windows update tells me I can update to win 11 pro from my present install and acquire a digital...
  4. Clean install win 10 Pro

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Clean install win 10 Pro: Hello, I'm not a power user or well practiced on or in computing. I have a Lenovo E570 laptop with Win 10Pro V1903 It has two SSD's. I'd like to clean install a new copy of Win 10 Pro. I've got both drives backed up on an external drive. When it comes time to restore...
  5. Clean install win 10 Pro

in Windows 10 Support
    Clean install win 10 Pro: Hello, I'm not a power user or well practiced on or in computing. I have a Lenovo E570 laptop with Win 10Pro V1903 It has two SSD's. I'd like to clean install a new copy of Win 10 Pro. I've got both drives backed up on an external drive. When it comes time to restore...
  6. CLEAN INSTALL OF WIN 10

CLEAN INSTALL OF WIN 10: Attn: Greg Carmack Greg: I am studying your tutorial on doing a CLEAN INSTALL to try to familiarize my self with the process. Your instructions are quite simple to understand but I am getting confused on the link to the article about File History. This is what I understand...
  7. clean install win 10

clean install win 10: cannot create a partition or find an existing one https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-windows_install/clean-install-win-10/72c073f8-1a63-4866-b133-7559ced90d03
  8. Clean install Win-10 Pro on NVMe

Clean install Win-10 Pro on NVMe: Hello, Got a Lenovo Thinkpad P50 with 1TB NVMe and Win-10 Home. Made an image and now would like to clean install my retail Win-10 Pro on it. What should I keep in mind while installing OS on a NVMe drive? Overprovisioning? TRIM? Win-10 Index disable? Win-10 defrag...
  9. Clean install of win 10 ?

Clean install of win 10 ?: Hi guys;i could never do a Clean a install of win10 preview on my PC's from a DVD ISO, i get stuck here, see pic; although i can upgrade from win 7 to win 10. the DVD ISO i made was from MS. Image codes: DSC02178 4374
  10. Win 10 Pro BootCamp Clean Install Size!

Win 10 Pro BootCamp Clean Install Size!: Hi everyone, this is my first post in this forum and I am looking for your assistant. I have successfully installed Win 10 Pro 64 Bit on my iMac through BootCamp, I assigned 40 GB for BootCamp partition, but what I noticed after Windows finished the installation and logged...