Windows 10: Clean Win10 install using Media Creation Tool

Discus and support Clean Win10 install using Media Creation Tool in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I have a HP Slimline basic machine with I3, 2.9 gHz processor and one 4GB stick of RAM. It seems slow to start and shut down in Windows. Of course it... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by EBCVidOp, Dec 10, 2020.

1. EBCVidOp Win User

Clean Win10 install using Media Creation Tool

I have a HP Slimline basic machine with I3, 2.9 gHz processor and one 4GB stick of RAM. It seems slow to start and shut down in Windows. Of course it has a bunch of HP junkware on it. Can I run a fresh install from Windows Creation Tool USB? Would this help? The machine is quite useable between startup and shutdown. But it is a slug on both ends of a session.

I'm not on the machine at the moment. Let me know what you'd like to see and I'll do my best to get it.

EJ

Windows 10 Home - 10.0.18363 Build 18363
    Win 10 is installed and running on a mechanical drive...

:)

EBCVidOp, Dec 10, 2020

2. Windows Media Creation Tool Error 0x80070079-0xA001A

Your USB thumb drive needs to be at least 8 GBs.

The error code 0x80070079-0xA001A means that the tool doesn't have permission for it to run. For us to assist you, we suggest that you
    follow the simple steps listed below:

• Right-click on the Media Creation Tool.exe.

• Press Properties.

• Click on General.

• At the bottom, click on Unblock.

• Press Apply, and then OK.
    Let us know how it goes and if you need further assistance, feel free to post back.

You can also download the ISO first using the Media Creation Tool, then create a bootable copy. Yes, you can use it to perform clean install.

If Windows 10 was already installed and activated on your system, just proceed to perform a direct clean install as described in the following articles.

Step 1: How
    to download official Windows 10 ISO files

Step 2:

Andre Da Costa, Dec 10, 2020
  3. Media Creation Tool question

Hi, I have never had any problems using the Media Creation Tool to perform a Windows 10 clean installation until yesterday so I have a couple of questions.
    1. The tutorial here says after going to the Microsoft site and selecting the Download Tool (Media Creation Tool) option that the Media Creation Tool should be save to the PC and run from there.
    On Microsoft site the instructions are to Download the Tool and select Run (no saving to the PC). Is there a reason for saving it to the PC first as suggested on Tenforums?

2. Yesterday I used the Media Creation Tool to do a clean install. Everything went fine with the download. After the two hour download the Media Creation Tool automatically started to create the media. Everything working normally so far..then suddenly at 50% a screen popped up with an unexpected error message Error code beginning 0x80004005. That was it I had to stop there.
    After searching the net it seems that other people have had the same issue after the Fall Creators Update...with the installation stopping at 50%. I have no idea how to sort this out. After contacting Microsoft Chat Support they didn't offer any suggestions that worked either.
    Can anyone advise please
    Many Thanks

sportsfan148, Dec 10, 2020
  4. Clean Win10 install using Media Creation Tool

media creation tool

Hello,

The Windows Media Creation Tool allows you to download the Windows 10 ISO directly from Microsoft, without having a product key. You can use it to clean install or upgrade to Windows 10. It can also be use to download the different editions of Windows 10.
    Refer to this
    link
    to download the Windows 10 Installation Media Tool.

As for the build and version of your Windows 10, follow the steps below:

• Press Windows key + R on your keyboard to open up the run command prompt.
    • Type winver into the run command text box and hit OK. You should now see a dialog screen revealing the OS build and registration information.

Should you need additional assistance, do let us know.

Jennifer Bri, Dec 10, 2020
Thema:

Clean Win10 install using Media Creation Tool

1. Clean Win10 install using Media Creation Tool - Similar Threads - Clean Win10 install

2. Used media creation tool to install win 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Used media creation tool to install win 11: No idea why this is happening. So I've got a brand new pc and tried to install windows 11 on it, used the media creation tool for that. But I get following error...
  3. Used media creation tool to install win 11

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Used media creation tool to install win 11: No idea why this is happening. So I've got a brand new pc and tried to install windows 11 on it, used the media creation tool for that. But I get following error...
  4. Media Creation Tool Not Installing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Media Creation Tool Not Installing: I downloaded Media Creation Tool to a 32 bit Windows 7 Professional OS the laptop is capable of being 64 bit. When I tried to install program, I got an error code: 0x80072F8F-0x20000. I have another laptop that cam with Windows 10, so I need to make a bootable USB because my...
  5. Media Creation Tool Not Installing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Media Creation Tool Not Installing: I downloaded Media Creation Tool to a 32 bit Windows 7 Professional OS the laptop is capable of being 64 bit. When I tried to install program, I got an error code: 0x80072F8F-0x20000. I have another laptop that cam with Windows 10, so I need to make a bootable USB because my...
  6. Win10 Media Creation Tool failed to install win10

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Win10 Media Creation Tool failed to install win10: So after the recent windows 10 update, my computer is getting slow boot times, and the boot log says that wimmount.sys, WdFilter.sys, NDProxy.sys, and dxgkrnl.sys are not loaded. I tried sfc /scannow but the error message says "windows resource protection could not start the...
  7. Install Windows10 using Media Creation Tools

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Install Windows10 using Media Creation Tools: Hi! My hard disk is damaged so i need to replace it. I need to reinstall Windows10 for my laptop. I have downloaded Windows10 Media Creation Tools and make installer in my flash disk. Can anyone tell me the instruction for install windows10 using media creation tools? I...
  8. Can't install win10 from media creation tool

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Can't install win10 from media creation tool: tl;dr - windows was having problem, shutdown itself on boot. Tried resetting windows but that went to shit. I included a long text wall of what I did if anybody can help figure out where I went wrong. Thanks in advance! I'm at the end of my wits here, tried to troubleshoot...
  9. Clean install with USB created by Media Creation Tool

Clean install with USB created by Media Creation Tool: I use the Media Creation Tool to create a bootable USB. When Ive clean installed Ive always waited until the installation has completely finished and Im at the Windows desktop. Only then do I remove the Windows 10 USB flash drive. The USB flash drive stays inserted until...
  10. Issues with Win10 Media Creation Tool

Issues with Win10 Media Creation Tool: I want to install Win10 on a USB, simples BUT will the MCT let me do this NO! It's trying to reinstall it on my PC even though I'm pretty sure I followed the instructions here. Anyone know how I can download Win10 without having to go through the MCT so I can have a fresh...