Windows 10: Clean win10 Reinstall with MBR: where should I reinstall?

Discus and support Clean win10 Reinstall with MBR: where should I reinstall? in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I'm attempting to make a clean win10 install on a drive that works but has a serious problem with the hard drive running continuously. I have a MBR... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Jim8080, Nov 1, 2018.

1. Jim8080 Win User

Clean win10 Reinstall with MBR: where should I reinstall?

I'm attempting to make a clean win10 install on a drive that works but has a serious problem with the hard drive running continuously. I have a MBR setup. I'm closely following the Win 10 Clean Install tutorial, but not sure what to do after selecting a custom installation (Step 10).

After selecting custom installation, my current setup is displayed as shown below
    Name Total Size Free Space Drive 0 Partition 1: System Reserved 100.0 MB 63.0 MB Drive 0 Partition 2 527.4 GB 116.1 GB Drive 0 Partition 3: E6_email 226.7 GB 154.4 GB Drive 0 Partition 4: F5_Data 78.1 GB 78.0 GB Drive 0 Unallocated Space 99.2 GB 99.2 GB
    Disk management has the same drive setup.

I'm asked where to install windows. I selected Drive 0, partition 2 and my setup steps followed that listed in the tutorial, starting with entering language, time, etc., and ending with the Installing Windows Status screen. I'm guessing the installation required about an hour. I was not at the computer when it finished

But, when I returned it had looped back to the initial screen where language to enter is requested. I could not leave without a forced shutdown, which I did. When I restarted, an error message was seen. I recovered using an image file.

Jim

:)

Jim8080, Nov 1, 2018

2. *RESOLUTION FOUND*Malwarebytes crashing on Win10 insider Bld. Rootkit related errors?

Ill try tomorrow am.
    Aside from OS reinstall, your suggestion is one of the only steps I haven't taken yet.

Im gonna get some sleep and come at this with a fresh head tomorrow

Thanks everyone

jboydgolfer, Nov 1, 2018
  3. Can't activate Win10 after clean reinstall

Hi,

I updated my OEM Win8.1 to Win10 home and got activated. After that, I formatted my system partition and did a clean reinstall of Win10. However, this time my win 10 cannot be activated. I have waited 3 days for activation but only saw Error code: 0xC004C003.

I am entirely sure:

1. I reinstalled the exactly same version of win10 as upgraded one.

2. My laptop has no hardware changes.

3. I did activate win10 after upgrading and then clean reinstalled.

Could someone help me???

WingZeroMod, Nov 1, 2018
  4. Clean win10 Reinstall with MBR: where should I reinstall?

How To: Reinstall Video Drivers (Quick Guide)

No sir , do all 4 steps then reboot, then reinstall!

sneekypeet, Nov 1, 2018
Thema:

Clean win10 Reinstall with MBR: where should I reinstall?

1. Clean win10 Reinstall with MBR: where should I reinstall? - Similar Threads - Clean win10 Reinstall

2. Doing a clean reinstall

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Doing a clean reinstall: Hi,My laptop came with Windows 10 Home edition and it got upgraded to Windows 11 Home. Now I have upgraded it to Windows 11 Pro. If I perform a clean reinstall of my system, will I be able to install Windows Pro 11 without having to purchase a license again...
  3. Destroyed MBR on Win10 - how to reinstall?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Destroyed MBR on Win10 - how to reinstall?: Today i had a blackout and formatted the partition of the master boot record. Of course my laptop does not boot anymore. The system is win 10 64bitNow i try to reinstall it. I downloaded the MS repair tool and am able to get the repair options started. But i cannot solve the...
  4. Clean reinstalling win10 (USB)

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Clean reinstalling win10 (USB): Hi there. So I'm reinstalling windows because I'm fearing that I might have some sort of malware, and well I'd like a clean start on my PC either way. I've installed windows 10 on a USB drive, and I'm now more or less ready to start the process, but then it hit me, do I have...
  5. Help on Partitions when clean reinstalling win10

Help on Partitions when clean reinstalling win10: I'm doing a clean reinstall of my Win10 laptop, I've already backed up all of my important work files but I haven't backed up any system files yet. Now I'm prompted with the "Where do you want to install Windows" screen, is is safe to delete all of the partitions? submitted...
  6. Win10 reinstall

Win10 reinstall: Hello everyone. I have 2 laptops, the first one is for work and the second one is for everything else. Unfortunately, my "work" laptop crashed a month or more ago, didn't have time to get it back to life. Now I've tried and it appears I cannot do anything to it. The crash...
  7. Should I reinstall windows

Should I reinstall windows: This is probably a really dumb question but I would appreciate any advice y’all can provide because I don’t know what I should do at the moment. This is about the problem that’s been popping up recently, the one the NSA made an official statement about. I know most sources...
  8. Win10 reinstall

Win10 reinstall: How can I transfer my legit windows 10 from hdd to sdd? Is that possible? submitted by /u/JBP04 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/e1fy04/win10_reinstall/
  9. Reinstalling iTunes After a WIN10 Reinstall

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Reinstalling iTunes After a WIN10 Reinstall: I run WIN10 off an SSD and keep my MP3s and other data on a separate HDD drive. I recently had to do a clean install of WIN10. I backed up my entire iTunes folder to my E:/ HDD drive before the reinstall. I just installed iTunes, and pointed the Music Library to my...
  10. Reinstall of Win10

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Reinstall of Win10: I have not seen a clear answer as to what and how do you get Win10 after your computer would crash, lets say in 2 years. How do you reinstall? 8441