Windows 10: [Clean Windows 10 Install] Brand new PC setup freezes during Windows 10 installation attempts

Discus and support [Clean Windows 10 Install] Brand new PC setup freezes during Windows 10 installation attempts in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Parts list: Motherboard - Gigabyte Z390 AORUS PRO WIFI CPU - Intel Core i7-9700K 3.6 GHz RAM - G.Skill Ripjaws V Series 16 GB (2 x 8 GB)... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Flint__, Jul 29, 2019.

1. Flint__ Win User

[Clean Windows 10 Install] Brand new PC setup freezes during Windows 10 installation attempts

Parts list:

Motherboard - Gigabyte Z390 AORUS PRO WIFI

CPU - Intel Core i7-9700K 3.6 GHz

RAM - G.Skill Ripjaws V Series 16 GB (2 x 8 GB) DDR4-3200

SSD - Intel 660p Series 512 GB M.2-2280

Problem Description:

After putting together my PC consisting of all new parts, purchased over time and past their return dates now, I'm attempting to install Windows 10 via USB so I can start using the PC. When attempting this and selecting the UEFI USB drive to boot from I land at the Windows logo splash. There's a small delay and then the spinning 'loading' dots appear. They make about two revolutions and then stop, freezing indefinitely.

Attempted Solutions:

I've seen several forum posts exhibiting the same or very similar problems to mine. As such I've tried what I've seen, but haven't reached a working solution yet.

• Simplified setup. Removed GPU from equation (GTX 1070Ti). Removed HDD from equation (Seagate Constellation ES 2 TB 3.5" 7200RPM).
    • Adjusted RAM setup. Tried A1/B1 and A2/B2 channels. Tried each individual stick by itself in all four channels. Tried default settings, XMP, and manual timings to match these specific sticks but with a slower clock than XMP. Of note when trying to use XMP and faster clock speeds with manual timings the system failed before getting to BIOS and rebooted on its own with default memory settings.
    • Hardware CMOS Reset (multiple times)
    • Reload default BIOS settings (multiple times)
    • Tested multiple USB drives.
    • Tested with Media Creation Tool and Rufus. Tested with default Media Creation Tool output and creating bootable USB from ISO. Tested with Quick Format enabled and disabled.
    • Tested multiple USB ports (3.1, 3.0, 2.0)
    • Removed and placed CPU in socket again, applied new thermal paste for heatsink/cooler. This was tested because when the loading dots freeze the CPU fan speed increases.
    • Unplugged and replugged fans, main USB, power cables, etc for sanity check.
    • Ensured AHCI SATA controller was being used.
    • Ensured CSM was enabled / Secure Boot was disabled.
    • Ensured Fast Boot was disabled.

Image:

https://imgur.com/bbrMzQE

The freeze happens before any options to interact with the Windows 10 install process occur. I can access BIOS and make changes there just fine, but this will always freeze when attempting to boot from USB and install Windows. Happy to hear any and all suggestions. At this point I'm hoping there's a way to get my setup working and that there isn't a hardware failure, as I've past the return dates.

:)

Flint__, Jul 29, 2019
  2. CK011885 Win User

Installing Windows 10 on New PC?

I'm going to be building a new PC on Christmas and want to install Windows 10 on it. I have Windows 10 on my current PC, which I installed upgrading from 8.1 with the files on a USB. How do I go about installing a clean copy of Windows 10 on this new PC? I think I recall something about installing it once makes Microsoft recognize your hardware, but since this will be a PC I'm not sure what steps I need to take. Do I need to go 8.1 -> 10 or is there a method of going directly to 10?

CK011885, Jul 29, 2019
  3. r.h.p Win User
    Installing Windows 10 on New PC?

What's your intended PC specs ??

r.h.p, Jul 29, 2019
  4. [Clean Windows 10 Install] Brand new PC setup freezes during Windows 10 installation attempts

Clean Windows 10 (?PRO?) install

I have bought a legit "Windows 10 Pro" key of a key website. It is legit since i'm currently using it for over a year now. I currently have Windows 10 Pro installed on my PC and I want to do a clean install. I just can't find the windows 10 Pro download in the tool. But if i could use a windows 10 pro key with a normal windows 10 install, I'll be good to go.

JeroenBeunckens, Jul 29, 2019
Thema:

[Clean Windows 10 Install] Brand new PC setup freezes during Windows 10 installation attempts

1. [Clean Windows 10 Install] Brand new PC setup freezes during Windows 10 installation attempts - Similar Threads - Clean Install Brand

2. How do i install windows 10 on a brand new setup?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do i install windows 10 on a brand new setup?: First of all i got to the point where i can install windows 10 form a usb, the problem i am having now is that after installing windows and letting the system reboot it either sends me back to the installation window if i have the usb still pluged in or it sends me an error...
  3. How do i install windows 10 on a brand new setup?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do i install windows 10 on a brand new setup?: First of all i got to the point where i can install windows 10 form a usb, the problem i am having now is that after installing windows and letting the system reboot it either sends me back to the installation window if i have the usb still pluged in or it sends me an error...
  4. How do i install windows 10 on a brand new setup?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Windows 10 USB Installation on brand new PC

Windows 10 USB Installation on brand new PC: Hello, I am trying to install Windows 10 on a new PC from a USB drive, on which I created the installation media. When I go to install on my SSD I get the following error message: "Windows cannot install required files 0x8007025D. I have already clear the USB,...
  6. My pc freezes during a new installation of Windows 10(x64)

My pc freezes during a new installation of Windows 10(x64): Hello. I have an issue when I want to completely reboot my windows 10. When I am in the installation page (accessed via usb Windows 10 installation) it finishes setting things up and then at around 10-20 percent it freezes completely. I can not move my mouse or click and my...
  7. [Solved] [Clean Windows 10 Install] Brand new PC setup freezes during Windows 10...

[Solved] [Clean Windows 10 Install] Brand new PC setup freezes during Windows 10...: Update: Be sure to ensure your BIOS version is up-to-date. Specifically when using 9th Gen Intel as support for these has come more recently. New part != updated BIOS. Parts list: Motherboard - Gigabyte Z390 AORUS PRO WIFI CPU - Intel Core i7-9700K 3.6 GHz RAM -...
  8. Brand new clean windows 10 install - BSOD

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Brand new clean windows 10 install - BSOD: I have run the tool and am attaching the file per the instructions. My computer is brand new and crashed while I was not even at my desk. I had nothing really "active" running. Hoping you guys can help me pinpoint what driver might be causing this. Thank you so much in...
  9. Windows 10 clean install on new PC?

Windows 10 clean install on new PC?: I just got a brand new lenovo laptop with Windows 10 Pro, pre-installed at delivery. This is the first time I have considered a clean install to remove any unwanted bloatware or software. But after some research I can't tell if it is necessary? I have no data on this machine...
  10. Windows 10 Clean Install On New PC With Windows 10 Pre-Installed????

Windows 10 Clean Install On New PC With Windows 10 Pre-Installed????: Hey all I'm having a boat load of glitches, I think mostly coming from Cortana (works maybe 3 out of 10 times correctly and sometimes not at all and locks up the windows menu until I kill her in task manager). I spoke to Microsoft who said to do an upgrade that will...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows 10 locks up when installing?

2. ssd fresh win 10 install freezes when booting up

3. z390 aorus locks up booting windows

4. windows 10 freeze during clean install,
  5. new pc window 10 setup feezess,
  6. intel 660p windows freezes,
  7. clean install windows 10 pc freezes after a while,
  8. windows setup freezes,
  9. gigabyte motherboard freezes during WIN 10 installation,
  10. new computer WONDOWS 10 setup hangs on android,
  11. windows 10 freezes during install,