Windows 10: Clean Windows 10 install not working

Discus and support Clean Windows 10 install not working in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Motherboard is a Msi B450 tomaahawk and the ssd is a crucial mx500 1tb. I have downloaded the installation media onto a 32gb usb. booted into uefi... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by eakmadashma, Oct 25, 2019.

1. Clean Windows 10 install not working

Motherboard is a Msi B450 tomaahawk and the ssd is a crucial mx500 1tb. I have downloaded the installation media onto a 32gb usb. booted into uefi device, deleted all partitions on the drive then let the installer create it. After installation i go back to the bios and try to choose the ssd but whenever i went on it it would kick me back to the bios. If i choose legacy+uefi in bios then it says Reboot and Select proper boot device. i have been stuck for 10 hours now. I have a working windows on my hdd but wanted a clean install on my new ssd. i disconnected the hdd when installing btw.

:)

eakmadashma, Oct 25, 2019
  2. Delta6326 Win User
    Delta6326, Oct 25, 2019
  3. Clean Install Workaround for Vista

You may remember this news story on techPowerUp! a couple of days ago relating to the lack of clean installs when using the Upgrade Editions of Vista, which required an old OS to be installed. However, Paul Thurrott has managed to find a workaround for this issue, which ironically lets users do a clean install Vista without any previous version of Windows, albeit a little tedious. Here are the steps:
    • Boot from the Windows Vista Upgrade DVD as normal
    • When prompted for a product code, leave this blank
    • Select the version of Vista you have purchased and let Vista install
    • When you boot to your desktop for the first time, run the Vista setup from Windows
    • This time enter your product key
    • When asked whether you want to do an Upgrade of Custom install, select custom and choose a clean install
    • Windows will now install for a second time and you should be able to activate it
    Remember, these steps are only advised for use in order to achieve a clean install of Vista, it is only legal to use the upgrade editions if you have previously purchased the appropriate version of Windows.

Source: DailyTech

Jimmy 2004, Oct 25, 2019
  4. Clean Windows 10 install not working

Clean Windows 10 (?PRO?) install

I have bought a legit "Windows 10 Pro" key of a key website. It is legit since i'm currently using it for over a year now. I currently have Windows 10 Pro installed on my PC and I want to do a clean install. I just can't find the windows 10 Pro download in the tool. But if i could use a windows 10 pro key with a normal windows 10 install, I'll be good to go.

JeroenBeunckens, Oct 25, 2019
Thema:

Clean Windows 10 install not working

1. Clean Windows 10 install not working - Similar Threads - Clean install working

2. windows 10 clean install not working?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    windows 10 clean install not working?: trying to do brand new, clean installation on a new pc all new hardware I have a windows install kit on a USB, but when I start the computer up and try to install windows, and it asks for the product key, I select " i dont have a product key" option, then it loops me back to...
  3. windows 10 clean install not working?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    windows 10 clean install not working?: trying to do brand new, clean installation on a new pc all new hardware I have a windows install kit on a USB, but when I start the computer up and try to install windows, and it asks for the product key, I select " i dont have a product key" option, then it loops me back to...
  4. windows 10 clean install not working?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. clean install of windows doesnt work.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    clean install of windows doesnt work.: I used a bootable usb to reinstall windows as my windows had been corrupt. i booted my pc and selected the usb from the boot menu and it went onto the windows loading screen for a few second and now i am stuck on a full dark navy blue screen in which i can move my cursor....
  6. Bluetooth not working after a Windows 10 Clean installation

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Bluetooth not working after a Windows 10 Clean installation: I updated from windows 8 to 10 and lost my Bluetooth drivers Bluetooth doesn't work now, it did before. Bluetooth doesn't appear in my Device Manager, and there are no unknown devices listed. I have followed the advice on:-...
  7. Clean Windows 10 install 1Gbps ethernet not working

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Clean Windows 10 install 1Gbps ethernet not working: Hello, I formatted my SSD and my HDD and made a clean install of Windows 10. Before my network adapter was running at 1gbps but now it won't go above 100mbps, I tried changing the spped & duplex to 1.0 Gbps Full Duplex and updating the drivers, still doesn't go above...
  8. Laptop clean installation windows 10 is not working

Laptop clean installation windows 10 is not working: hello, i want to do a clean installation on my laptop everything is working. untill today now i get bios if i start up the laptop. people told me to format disks like to recycle the laptop. now i see no disk to install windows 10 on if usb is plugged in with mediacreation...
  9. Laptop clean installation windows 10 is not working

in Windows 10 Support
    Laptop clean installation windows 10 is not working: hello, i want to do a clean installation on my laptop everything is working. untill today now i get bios if i start up the laptop. people told me to format disks like to recycle the laptop. now i see no disk to install windows 10 on if usb is plugged in with mediacreation...
  10. Windows 10 Clean Installation - Tray Icons not Working

Windows 10 Clean Installation - Tray Icons not Working: Hi Guys, I recently made a clean install of Windows 10. However when I reboot I noticed that the Wi-Fi tray icon wasn't showing any menu. I click it and nothing happened. No list was shown, the only way to connect was to go to This PC Configuration --- Internet & Networks...