Windows 10: Clean Windows 10 Install on new hardware but same key

Discus and support Clean Windows 10 Install on new hardware but same key in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; So I recently had computer issues and I believed it to be my 5 year old SSD. I purchased a new SSD and a fresh copy of Windows 10 about a week ago but... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by patrickandrade, Nov 24, 2018.

1. Clean Windows 10 Install on new hardware but same key

So I recently had computer issues and I believed it to be my 5 year old SSD. I purchased a new SSD and a fresh copy of Windows 10 about a week ago but the problems persisted so I decided to this Black Friday to just go ahead and purchase all new hardware. I want to do another clean install onto the SSD I purchased with the same copy of windows is this possible? I don't want to have to buy windows again when I just bought it a week ago. Thanks!

:)

patrickandrade, Nov 24, 2018
  2. CK011885 Win User

Installing Windows 10 on New PC?

I'm going to be building a new PC on Christmas and want to install Windows 10 on it. I have Windows 10 on my current PC, which I installed upgrading from 8.1 with the files on a USB. How do I go about installing a clean copy of Windows 10 on this new PC? I think I recall something about installing it once makes Microsoft recognize your hardware, but since this will be a PC I'm not sure what steps I need to take. Do I need to go 8.1 -> 10 or is there a method of going directly to 10?

CK011885, Nov 24, 2018
  3. r.h.p Win User
    Installing Windows 10 on New PC?

What's your intended PC specs ??

r.h.p, Nov 24, 2018
  4. Clean Windows 10 Install on new hardware but same key

Clean Windows 10 (?PRO?) install

I have bought a legit "Windows 10 Pro" key of a key website. It is legit since i'm currently using it for over a year now. I currently have Windows 10 Pro installed on my PC and I want to do a clean install. I just can't find the windows 10 Pro download in the tool. But if i could use a windows 10 pro key with a normal windows 10 install, I'll be good to go.

JeroenBeunckens, Nov 24, 2018
Thema:

Clean Windows 10 Install on new hardware but same key

1. Clean Windows 10 Install on new hardware but same key - Similar Threads - Clean Install hardware

2. Windows 11 - various BSOD after clean install on new hardware

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 - various BSOD after clean install on new hardware: I just built a completely new PC and clean installed Win11 Pro on it.However the PC is not running stable but having BSOD all the time. Sometimes it runs smoothly for a few hours but then crashes again. Sometimes multiple times in a row. At one point the PC didn't start up at...
  3. Windows 11 - various BSOD after clean install on new hardware

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 - various BSOD after clean install on new hardware: I just built a completely new PC and clean installed Win11 Pro on it.However the PC is not running stable but having BSOD all the time. Sometimes it runs smoothly for a few hours but then crashes again. Sometimes multiple times in a row. At one point the PC didn't start up at...
  4. Windows 11 - varios BSOD after clean install on new hardware

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 - varios BSOD after clean install on new hardware: I just built a completely new PC and clean installed Win11 Pro on it.However the PC is not running stable but having BSOD all the time. Sometimes it runs smoothly for a few hours but then crashes again. Sometimes multiple times in a row. At one point the PC didn't start up at...
  5. Windows 11 - varios BSOD after clean install on new hardware

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 - varios BSOD after clean install on new hardware: I just built a completely new PC and clean installed Win11 Pro on it.However the PC is not running stable but having BSOD all the time. Sometimes it runs smoothly for a few hours but then crashes again. Sometimes multiple times in a row. At one point the PC didn't start up at...
  6. ProduKey is showing the same key after a clean install and activation with a different key

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    ProduKey is showing the same key after a clean install and activation with a different key: My laptop originally came with Windows 7, but I later bought and upgraded it to Windows 8.1 using a different product key, which I then upgraded to Windows 10 for free. I eventually lost both the Windows 7 product key sticker and 8.1 box. Now I'm selling this laptop, so the...
  7. Windows 10 install on new hardware

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 install on new hardware: My motherboard is fried in my main PC. I have an old PC as a back-up, which I'm now forced to use. I installed my Windows 10 on the old PC using disc. Install was no prob but I can't activate it due to it being considered active on the non-functional PC. How do I go about...
  8. Clean install on new hardware

Clean install on new hardware: I'm sure this has been asked many times and I can see a lot of threads similar to this but each one had some different detail about it, so I just went ahead and made a new one. I'm planning on upgrading my hardware in a few weeks, specifically : Asus - ROG STRIX Z370-E...
  9. Windows 10 clean install not activated (Hardware upgraded)

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows 10 clean install not activated (Hardware upgraded): So a few months back I upgraded for free from win7 to win10 Pro. Today I got a new CPU, RAM, MBO (also currently using the new MBO onboard GPU, waiting for my new one) and did a clean install of Win10 (from USB created with MediaCreationToolkit). Now I remember reading...
  10. Windows 10 clean install no key!

Windows 10 clean install no key!: I experienced a problem with my new PC loaded with Windows 7 Home edition. Some major files were corrupted so I tried to reload it with the disc, but it was in German and it lost me. So I downloaded Windows 10 Home (single language) from Microsoft thinking that my key would...