Windows 10: Clean windows 10 install onto a new SSD (samsung 850 EVO 250 gb) or

Discus and support Clean windows 10 install onto a new SSD (samsung 850 EVO 250 gb) or in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; When I mount the drive in a Kingston drive adapter , the Samsung Magician software does not recognize the drive although Disc check identifies fine?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Davee3, Jul 23, 2016.

1. Davee3 Win User

Clean windows 10 install onto a new SSD (samsung 850 EVO 250 gb) or

When I mount the drive in a Kingston drive adapter , the Samsung Magician software does not recognize the drive although Disc check identifies fine? Tried several different USB connectors & a second computer . Is there a workaround to migrate my win 10 system to the SSD - without buying a new 2.0 USB cable Sata ?

Maybe a clean install would be better - Can I do this & somehow still identify WIn10 as good?

Help for an old bugger appreciated

:)

Davee3, Jul 23, 2016

2. Hanging at "Verifying DMI Pool Data" when booting

My trusty old PC has worked perfectly for years on Windows 7, which runs from a Samsung Pro EVO 850 256gb SSD drive.

A few months ago I decided to upgrade to Windows 10, but I wanted to do a clean install (I don't like upgrades), which would also allow me to dual boot, so I could continue to use Windows 7 until I was perfectly
    happy with Windows 10 i.e. all software was installed and working.

To this end, I purchased a new Samsung EVO 840 500gb SSD drive, with the intention of using this in my desktop for a short period, then switching out one of the (slow) 500gb drives from my laptop and using
    the SSD drive in the laptop. This would hopefully provide more performance to the laptop, which was struggling since upgrading to Windows 10 (clean install again).

Because the original 256gb Pro EVO 850 would remain in my desktop, I had to get Windows 10 onto this "old" drive, so here's what I did:

1. Duplicated the original Pro EVO 850 Windows 7 install onto the new EVO 840 SSD drive.

2. Wiped the original Pro EVO 850 SSD drive (Windows 7 is now on the new 840 SSD drive).

3. Clean install of Windows 10 onto the original Pro EVO 850 SSD drive.

On booting, I was presented with a Windows 10 screen allowing me to choose Windows 7 or Windows 10. Perfect. I have been using this config for a couple of months now and both OS's are working well on the
    desktop.

I've now finished setting up Windows 10, so want to remove the new EVO 840 SSD drive (contains Windows 7) from my desktop, so I can use it in my laptop. However, when I disconnect the new EVO 840 SSD drive
    from my desktop, the machine doesn't boot and hangs at the following message:

"Verifying DMI Pool Data".

I've tried using the original Windows 10 iso image (on a DVD) to "repair" Windows 10, but this doesn't seem to have any affect. The only way I can get my desktop to boot is to have the Windows 7 disk connected
    (new EVO 840 SSD).

To summarise, I have two drives:

1. Original Pro EVO 850 256gb SSD - Windows 10 installed

2. New EVO 840 500gb SSD - Windows 7 installed

With both drives connected, I get a choice of which OS to run and both OS's work fine.

With only drive 1 installed, I'm unable to boot into Windows 10 as it hangs at the Verifying DMI Pool Data message.

I would appreciate any advice on how to overcome this boot issue.

Milleniumaire, Jul 23, 2016
  3. Error code 0xc0000221

I can't install Windows with a USB on my new computer, it keeps crashing when it is doing the final parts of the installation and after it gives an error code 0xc0000221. I have no clue whatsoever what the
    problem may be.

SSD: Samsung 850 EVO 250 GB

Case: Cooler Master CM Force 500

Power Supply: Cooler Master G450M

Motherboard: MSI Z97 PC Mate

RAM: Crucial Ballistix Sport 2x 8GB

CPU: Intel I5 4690K

paxschouten, Jul 23, 2016
  4. CmmTch Win User

Hi Davee3, welcome to tenforums *Smile I had a similar issue with a Samsung EVO 128G SSD. No matter what I tried the migration software/function would not work. I ended up taking the existing SSD (Crucial 64G) with W10 on it out of the computer, installed the new SSD, booted from install media (W10 iso on a USB or cd) chose repair, and then restored with a backup/image I had (from my internal backup HDD) to the new SSD.

This was a workaround for me to have all things remain, and not start over with a clean install. I've actually done this a couple times, once with Win7, and once with W10. Both times went without issues, except on Win7 I had to boot from install media and repair start to get it to boot from the new SSD.

CmmTch, Jul 23, 2016
  5. Davee3 Win User
    Well I went to samsung Data migration update & found the Update check from the original install did not give me the latest update So I updated again , plugged in the new SSD still in the kingston adapter & VOILA - New drive showed up as a destination drive & cloning is underway. Should be in good shape at finish Will report

Davee3, Jul 23, 2016
  6. CmmTch Win User
    That's great! good to hear things are on the road to recovery.

I imagine it's going to be all good from here on out *Cool

CmmTch, Jul 23, 2016
  7. Davee3 Win User
    The cloning worked fine wirth latest version downloaded - ignore the update option

Davee3, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Clean windows 10 install onto a new SSD (samsung 850 EVO 250 gb) or - Similar Threads - Clean install onto

2. Clone Boot disk ( Samsung SSD 850 EVO 250 GB) to Samsung 970 EVO PLUS

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Clone Boot disk ( Samsung SSD 850 EVO 250 GB) to Samsung 970 EVO PLUS: I would like to clone my boot drive(Samsung SSD 850 EVO 250) to a new Samsung 970 EVO PLUS NVMe M.2 1TB Hard drive. The SSD 850 is in Legacy in the BIOS under Storage boot option control. I want the new M.2 drive to be the new Boot drive. My understanding is that I must...
  3. problem installing windows 10 on Samsung EVO 850 SSD

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    problem installing windows 10 on Samsung EVO 850 SSD: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/SnooObjections7268 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/klb36e/problem_installing_windows_10_on_samsung_evo_850/
  4. samsung ssd evo 860 250 gb

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    samsung ssd evo 860 250 gb: I am receiving this for Christmas, I have watched several youtube videos, I will be downloading the migration tool today, my computer was built by small computer store 6 years ago, it runs without problems, I will be cloning the ssd from the mechanical drive, all stats are...
  5. Samsung SSD 850 Evo Performance

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Samsung SSD 850 Evo Performance: I recently bought a Samsung SSD 850 Evo which i cannected to my MS Surface Pro 2 running Windows 10 Pro using a Type C usb Sabrent Cablrle. After formatting the drive i tried to invoke Rapid Mode but failed. The Magician software does not allow me to do so. I have downgraded...
  6. Locked Samsung 850 EVO SSD

Locked Samsung 850 EVO SSD: Hello! If this has been answered before, please point me to the appropriate thread. Last night we were checking old hardware in our Service Department long abandoned from our customers (more than 8 months). Among them there was a Samsung 850 EVO 250GB SSD 2.5" SATA. I...
  7. System Image + new Samsung 850 EVO SSD

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    System Image + new Samsung 850 EVO SSD: Following a successful install of Creator's Update I transferred all files-including OS-to a Samsung 850 EVO SSD (500gb) using Samsung Magician software supplied with the SSD. File transfer went was perfect. Old HDD was removed and replaced with Samsung SSD. Reboot was...
  8. Samsung SSD 850 EVO problems

Samsung SSD 850 EVO problems: Hi, I run the Samsung Magician, and in its System Information, stated AHCI Mode is Deactivated and SATA Interface is unable to be detected. How to resolve this, please help? Thank you guys! [img] 74257
  9. Samsung SSD 850 EVO

Samsung SSD 850 EVO: [img] About This Product Upgrade virtually every aspect of your computer’s performance with Samsung’s new 850 EVO, designed with state-of-the-art SSD advancements including 3D V-NAND technology. As the next generation beyond the bestselling 840 EVO, you’ll get the...
  10. Samsung SSD EVO 850 500GB

in Windows 10 Support
    Samsung SSD EVO 850 500GB: I have a Samsung SSD EVO 850 500GB and while I had been using it on my laptop with Windows 7 everything had been running ok even the Rapid mode, but when I updated to Windows 10, I am getting this error : Rapid mode is in inactive state due to system internal errors. Please...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. when to install magician on the ssd for a fresh install

2. Windows 10 clean install on Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB

3. clean windows 10 install on new ssd

4. samsung ssd 250gb clean install windows 10,
  5. Samsung Evo 250 GB locked after windows 10 update,
  6. can i copy and paste windows10 onto a new ssd,
  7. samsung 860 evo for windows 10 clean install,
  8. cloning a window 7 512g ssd to a window 10 128g ssd,
  9. clean windows 10 install onto new ssd,
  10. clean install on samsung 860 evo sata iii