Windows 10: Clean Windows 10 installation issues.

Discus and support Clean Windows 10 installation issues. in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I am attempting to do a reformat and clean install booting fromW10 USB. When its all done and Windows is ready I still have my old desktop wallpaper... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Athalwolf, Feb 10, 2020.

1. Athalwolf Win User

Clean Windows 10 installation issues.

I am attempting to do a reformat and clean install booting fromW10 USB. When its all done and Windows is ready I still have my old desktop wallpaper and a bunch of desktop files showing. I have gone through the process twice and used the Custom installation option and reformatted my SSD. What am I doing wrong?

:)

Athalwolf, Feb 10, 2020

2. Clean Install Workaround for Vista

You may remember this news story on techPowerUp! a couple of days ago relating to the lack of clean installs when using the Upgrade Editions of Vista, which required an old OS to be installed. However, Paul Thurrott has managed to find a workaround for this issue, which ironically lets users do a clean install Vista without any previous version of Windows, albeit a little tedious. Here are the steps:
    • Boot from the Windows Vista Upgrade DVD as normal
    • When prompted for a product code, leave this blank
    • Select the version of Vista you have purchased and let Vista install
    • When you boot to your desktop for the first time, run the Vista setup from Windows
    • This time enter your product key
    • When asked whether you want to do an Upgrade of Custom install, select custom and choose a clean install
    • Windows will now install for a second time and you should be able to activate it
    Remember, these steps are only advised for use in order to achieve a clean install of Vista, it is only legal to use the upgrade editions if you have previously purchased the appropriate version of Windows.

Source: DailyTech

Jimmy 2004, Feb 10, 2020
  3. Windows 10 clean install issues

I have the well known to the webs 'Start Menu Not working / Slow opening apps from taskbar' like you in RS3 aka Fall Creators update,
    Even after CLEAN windows install...and there is no permanent fix out there, until M$ fix it.
    So i have clean install RS2 Iso and block the updates so RS3 dont install to my system.
    Im waiting for RS4 to be released hopefully fixes all those issues...but i doubt, they only thing they do is adding more and more bloatware.

Proof of my problem:

Start Menu Not Working in Windows 10 [Solved] - Driver Easy
    http://www.thewindowsclub.com/start-menu-does-not-open-windows-10
    Fix Windows 10 Menu Not Working – Easy Steps - The Windows Plus

All those articles are fresth from January 2018, mind you all those ''FIXES'' dont work.

Video from 2015, until now the problems still exist:

LocoDiceGR, Feb 10, 2020
  4. Clean Windows 10 installation issues.

New install Windows 10 (issue solved)

It's good that you're not experiencing any issues. Unfortunately many folks are, a quick Google search will show the same info im offering the OP.

Heres a couple examples:

Here

Here

It's basically what I mentioned above, small issues here and there ,but nothing to end your day.. for the most part.

I know it's anecdotal, but for my experience 95% of the time it's perfectly fine. The issues I've run into wouldn't be enough for me to roll back , but they would be enough (had I not installed it yet) ,to avoid it for another couple weeks which is why I'm suggesting it to the OP

Windows 10 Fall Creators Update problems and complaints
    • Installation problems with the Fall Creators Update
    • Microsoft Edge problems with the Fall Creators Update
    • Drivers problems with the Fall Creators Update
    • Experience problems with the Fall Creators Update
    keep in mind, as of recently, the FCU is installed on 5% of devices roughly.....

jboydgolfer, Feb 10, 2020
Thema:

Clean Windows 10 installation issues.

1. Clean Windows 10 installation issues. - Similar Threads - Clean installation issues

2. Windows 10 clean install is having issues.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 clean install is having issues.: I performed clean install of windows 10 on my C drive. After some errors and problems I was able to install. But when I restart my Laptop this Recovery window comes up. Then I press Esc some of the given options do not work then I enter bios setting. There I just press save...
  3. Clean Windows 10 install issues

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Clean Windows 10 install issues: Hello all, I just finished my first PC build: https://newegg.io/056075b As a professional software engineer, I thought for sure that installing the operating system would be the easiest part of the build for me. However, I have spent nearly 20 unbelievably frustrating hours...
  4. Issue after clean installing windows 10

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Issue after clean installing windows 10: Last night I cleaned install my laptop. I downloaded the windows media creation tool and created an ISO file for windows 10. I then installed it on my laptop, everything worked smoothly. But when I open my laptop, there are multiples issues that I encountered. First, my...
  5. Issues with clean install

Issues with clean install: So I tried to clean install windows the resetting windows got stuck at 99%, eventually restarted but said could not delete everything. windowes install started but bugged out halfway through. now when I boot I gett windows installationj failed to start. My bios settign seem...
  6. Clean Install Windows 10 partition issue

Clean Install Windows 10 partition issue: Hey, here's what went down w/ my laptop: It's a Windows 10 ASUS X540UA-DS51 laptop. The hard drive got corrupted, to the point where it cannot even recognize that there's a C: drive, only the emergency X: drive (I know it's part of the C: drive). And no, I did not back up...
  7. Issues NOT booting after a clean Windows 10 install

Issues NOT booting after a clean Windows 10 install: Hi, My system lost it's functionality, hanging in different applications etc. So I decided to 'reset' this failed twice, once with keep files and once with remove everything. As I could still use the system I downloaded the MCT and created on a USB, so far no issues. Boot...
  8. Issue with Clean Install

Issue with Clean Install: Today i upgraded my mother board, cpu and ram to an asrock z170 K6, an i7 6700k, and 2x8n ddr4 ram and i am trying to do a clean install from a usb created with the media creation tool. I have made 3 usb's and have gotten multiple BSOD's and now i am at the point where the...
  9. Windows 10 clean install, lots of strange issues.

Windows 10 clean install, lots of strange issues.: So having run Preview since October last year, and no issues at all almost from the Windows 8 upgrade. I come to see fairly many issues on my Clean install. Used MS site for downloading the Windows 10, and created the ISO and moved it to USB with Rufus (UEFI mode). 1)...
  10. issues with clean install on windows 10 pro

in Windows 10 Support
    issues with clean install on windows 10 pro: I just did a clean install of windows 10 pro to hopefully help fix some of the issues ive been having with windows 10. unfortunately im still having the same issues. issues 1: When i'm using windows 10 and viewing folders with many icons such as pictures of videos the...