Windows 10: Clean Windows 10 Installation on newly formatted replacement HDD

Discus and support Clean Windows 10 Installation on newly formatted replacement HDD in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Had a problem with existing HDD installation affecting the MBR. Purchased a new HDD and formatted resulting in an E: drive letter. Will installing... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by mswag, Jun 25, 2021.

1. mswag Win User

Clean Windows 10 Installation on newly formatted replacement HDD

Had a problem with existing HDD installation affecting the MBR. Purchased a new HDD and formatted resulting in an E: drive letter. Will installing using windows10.iso result in the installation's replacing the E: with C:?

:)

mswag, Jun 25, 2021

2. Clean install Windows 10 on new SSD to rplace failing HDD and corrupte

How to do a clean install of Windows 10 on a new SSD that will replace a failing HDD and corrupted data files in a Laptop PC?
    There seems to be a lot of old posts that touch on various subjects that I need help with but none that lump them all together. This is a clean install of Windows 10 on a new SSD on a Laptop PC that was previously upgraded to Windows 10 with the free upgrade just prior to the free upgrade becoming unavailable. About 6 months ago intermittent weird problems began to appear and with the help of various support groups and Windows Community we came to the conclusion that the HDD needed to be replaced(failed Seagate's drive test) with an SSD (My Choice) and a clean install of Windows 10(corrupted data files in the OS).
    I was given a URL to download and burn to DVD an ISO file of Windows 10 PRO 64bit OS. I purchased a 240GB Sandisk SSD. I don't need to partition this drive as the single C: partition is adequate for size and speed.
    Is there a step by step procedure listed somewhere that preps(formats?) the SSD using disk management for Windows 10 and then using the ISO file that I burned to a DVD, installs Windows 10 on to my SSD? I am not familiar with ISO files and am assuming that is something that is sent to you to boot from and install from when you order SW from MS.

RogerAttila, Jun 25, 2021
  3. Flow Win User
    Windows 10 formatting ?

We upgraded windows 7 to 10. Many crashes and errors after that. So a format and clean install of windows 10. Activated automatically. Zero issues and no more crashes etc etc.
    So I'm inclined to say to just go for it. And if a problem, then use your windows 7 key.

4. Delta6326 Win User

Delta6326, Jun 25, 2021
Thema:

1. Clean Windows 10 Installation on newly formatted replacement HDD - Similar Threads - Clean Installation newly

2. SSD replacement and clean install win 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    SSD replacement and clean install win 10: I am replacing my primary SSD as it's failed, when I come to reinstall windows 10 which was preinstalled when i bought the laptop new onto the new SSD, will the machine recognise it is authorised to reinstall it as of course I was given no product key or does the broken SSD...
  3. SSD replacement and clean install win 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    SSD replacement and clean install win 10: I am replacing my primary SSD as it's failed, when I come to reinstall windows 10 which was preinstalled when i bought the laptop new onto the new SSD, will the machine recognise it is authorised to reinstall it as of course I was given no product key or does the broken SSD...
  4. SSD replacement and clean install win 10

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Computer upgrade - replace HDD and clean install

Computer upgrade - replace HDD and clean install: I have a computer that needs a clean install, so I'm thinking that I would replace the HDD with SDD. My computer started life with Win 8.1 Home, and upgradred to Win 10 Home. To activate Windows, would I need a new licence key for Windows 10 or can I use the one for WIndows...
  6. Can you clean install on ssd and format hdd at once?

Can you clean install on ssd and format hdd at once?: Hi! I want to do a clean install of windows 10 on my ssd. Id like to format my hdd at the same time. I find a lot of information on how to avoid that but little on how to actually do it. When you chose the custom installation and you get to the part where you delete all...
  7. Clean install win10 on ssd and formating old hdd?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Clean install win10 on ssd and formating old hdd?: Hey fellow redditors! For the first time ever I will get myself a gaming pc, my brothers old pc. It has an HDD with Windows 10 and other stuff. I am planning to clean install the Windows on the SSD and remove/blank the HDD. I know how to install the Windows on the SSD. But...
  8. Clean install for Windows 10 after HDD replacement

Clean install for Windows 10 after HDD replacement: I have installed new Seagate HDD same as the old one. I have used the Media Creation Tool to create installation media on a USB drive. I followed the HP instructions for installing the Window 10 software on the new HDD. When the Let's connect you to a network screen...
  9. Clean install windows 10 on new hdd

Clean install windows 10 on new hdd: Step by Step clean install windows 10 on brand new hard drive. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/clean-install-windows-10-on-new-hdd/ea44534d-7c75-469b-adf6-45d18a481b0d
  10. Format HDD -- Win 10 Installed

Format HDD -- Win 10 Installed: I just went from Win 7 Pro to Win 10 --- very cool. My hard drive is clogged with a lot of old stuff; I want to reformat the drive. Question: how do I get a recovery / boot format for my new Win 10 installation? Thank you for the suggestions 43847