Windows 10: Clean wipe a computer

Discus and support Clean wipe a computer in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hello, I would like to give away my old computer which is still working with windows 10 pro, but as you know from my previous posts, it fed me a lot of... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Motim, Jul 5, 2018.

1. Motim Win User

Clean wipe a computer

Hello,
    I would like to give away my old computer which is still working with windows 10 pro, but as you know from my previous posts, it fed me a lot of troubles.
    But first I want to "clean" all my documents, passwords kept on google chrome browser, pictures and videos, etc.
    There are two disks installed, one is devided into two partitions,"C"is the operating system, the other "D" contains data.
    The second disk is "F", one whole partition and also for data.
    I do not mind leaving the operating system, because I need it to use "Macrorit Wiper" from a usb stick , just remove all personal data as mentioned above.
    I would like to have your ideas how to do it, and if is possible to wipe also the operating system to blank the disks.
    The disks are in good shape and the computer can be used again if a legal operating system installed.
    Answers will be appreciated.
    Thanks

:)

Motim, Jul 5, 2018
  2. erocker Win User

How to wipe a SSD Clean

I hate to state the obvious, but format it? *Stick Out Tongue Clean wipe a computer :p

If you don't have a computer with an active O/S on it, you can put a Windows disk in, go to install an O/S and wipe it clean when you are prompted to. *Smile Clean wipe a computer :)

erocker, Jul 5, 2018
  3. AmericanPharaoh Win User
    Windows 10 infinite restart black screen

The tutorials provided are just a list of troubleshooting steps. Use only the steps which apply to you.

Since none of the troubleshooting steps here worked, I'd suggest you do a Clean install.

John

AmericanPharaoh, Jul 5, 2018
  4. Trevor & Linda Stott Win User

Clean wipe a computer

HELP: Windows 10 wiped my computer clean

I turn my computer on this morning and it was wiped clean.

Is their a fix????

Trevor & Linda Stott, Jul 5, 2018
Thema:

Clean wipe a computer

1. Clean wipe a computer - Similar Threads - Clean wipe computer

2. cleaning out computer

in Windows 10 Customization
    cleaning out computer: I am giving away a notebook computer and a streaming notebook and want to clear my personal information before I do so. How do I do it? Both have Windows 10....
  3. Update wiped out computer

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Update wiped out computer: Last night when I went to shut down my Surface Pro 2 it asked to install updates. This morning the computer says it lost my desktop location and all I have is a black screen with a couple icons in the task bar that do not work. The windows button does not work and even the...
  4. Wipe harddrive

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Wipe harddrive: How do I do a clean install of win 10? Do I format the harddirve and the install win 10 or is that wrong? Would the harddrive make the unit just shutoff and reboot ramdonly? Or will re-install windows cure the problem? Thanks 87681
  5. how can I wipe my SSD clean?

how can I wipe my SSD clean?: On my computer, I have an SSD that was originally for a Vista computer. I'd like to wipe it clean to either toss it out or save it for future use. However is it a good idea to save it for future use? --- Do modern SSD's have better technology and performance? Either way,...
  6. How to wipe a hard drive clean?

How to wipe a hard drive clean?: Hey there mates. I'm currently in the process of building a new computer and am aiming to nuke my old hard drive due to the fact that I'll be using it as a sort of secondary drive for the bulk of items, but I'll be using a new SSD as the drive that contains the OS. On top...
  7. Had to Wipe the drive clean

in Windows 10 Support
    Had to Wipe the drive clean: I had an interesting experience. We had a power failure so Windows 10 did not shut down properly. No big deal, right? It's happened to us all. Just restart as always, and it will correct itself. Nope. It would not restart, it kept saying errors. I had to wipe out...
  8. Will a clean install securely wipe the entire hard drive?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Will a clean install securely wipe the entire hard drive?: If I want to completely and securely wipe my hard drive so that there is nothing recoverable left, will a clean win 10 install with formatting do this? Or do I need to first use killdisk or something similar to wipe the drive, then install windows? if I use a tool like...
  9. Wiped My Computer By Accident

in Windows 10 Support
    Wiped My Computer By Accident: Hi, I have done something really stupid and wiped my hard drives on my Lenovo laptop and now have nothing at all to boot up. For information I was using Mini Tool Partion and thought I was wiping an external hard drive that I had connected via usb. I am looking for some...
  10. How to wipe Win10 Clean?

in Windows 10 Support
    How to wipe Win10 Clean?: Hi, I would like to know how to wipe windows 10 clean due to the errors I've been getting recently, I've tried doing the tutorials but the settings app will not open. So is there any other way to wipe the computer clean? it would be appreciated if someone could help. 49515