Windows 10: Cleaned files with CCleaner. Should I have done it?

Discus and support Cleaned files with CCleaner. Should I have done it? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I cleaned my PC with CCleaner but later read on the internet that it can cause more harm instead. Could I have done any damage to my PC? Should I have... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/CHiA-ZS, Feb 4, 2021.

1. Cleaned files with CCleaner. Should I have done it?

I cleaned my PC with CCleaner but later read on the internet that it can cause more harm instead. Could I have done any damage to my PC? Should I have done it? Just wanted to clean my PC...

submitted by /u/CHiA-ZS
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/CHiA-ZS, Feb 4, 2021
  2. OldMike65 Win User

Latest CCleaner Version Released

@Brink

New Update for CCleaner

Cleaned files with CCleaner. Should I have done it? [​IMG]

Tuesday, February 13, 2018 CCleaner v5.40

Cleaned files with CCleaner. Should I have done it? cc4_128.png

The Piriform team would like to announce the latest release of CCleaner for Windows.
    This update adds more cleaning for Edge and a screen where you can review your subscription status. Additionally, the Avast offer in the CCleaner installer is no longer shown if you have previously declined it.
    If you have suggestions for what you'd like to see next in CCleaner, please drop by our forums and let us know in our suggestions area.
    Browser Cleaning

• Edge: Added new 'Set aside tabs' cleaning rule
    Windows Cleaning

• Added warning for 'Old prefetch data' cleaning rule
    General

• Minor user interface improvements
    • Minor bug fixes

OldMike65, Feb 4, 2021
  3. kado897 Win User
    Latest CCleaner Version Released

Thanks Mike.

kado897, Feb 4, 2021
  4. Polarman Win User

Cleaned files with CCleaner. Should I have done it?

CCleaner Safe?

CCleaner uses internally-stored settings (.INI) files to determine which Windows settings and installed applications to clean, and how to clean them. You can modify these .INI files by creating replacement external ones and placing them in CCleaner's installation folder.

Check here for more info:

CCleaner.com - CCleaner .INI files

That's what i did to cleanup some more things.

Polarman, Feb 4, 2021
Thema:

Cleaned files with CCleaner. Should I have done it?

1. Cleaned files with CCleaner. Should I have done it? - Similar Threads - Cleaned files CCleaner

2. Ccleaner it is having a problem.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Ccleaner it is having a problem.: Yes, I have CCleaner we have had Microsoft CCleaner and HP Smart Friend they all could not get it correct. When it runs the health it cleans the Junk one of the best cleaners for me for the last 10 years. Know the Security is grayed out. Says not hook to internet or cannot...
  3. Ccleaner it is having a problem.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Ccleaner it is having a problem.: Yes, I have CCleaner we have had Microsoft CCleaner and HP Smart Friend they all could not get it correct. When it runs the health it cleans the Junk one of the best cleaners for me for the last 10 years. Know the Security is grayed out. Says not hook to internet or cannot...
  4. Ccleaner it is having a problem.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Should I click on "Clean up system files" ? Help!

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Should I click on "Clean up system files" ? Help!: [ATTACH] https://preview.redd.it/c5doakldzi061.png?width=376&format=png&auto=webp&s=fb38095598317043e233f5c94c2c292a374dc299 submitted by /u/Nikhil4ucoc [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/jy52dd/should_i_click_on_clean_up_system_files_help/
  6. Which files are safe to clean on CCleaner program?

Which files are safe to clean on CCleaner program?: My OS and passwords to sites I am logged into are my main concerns of messing up cause I have a lot of different passwords. I try to keep them all saved on a flash drive but, always manage to need one I can no longer find LOL! Thanks! *Smile 162051
  7. ccleaner - should I

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    ccleaner - should I: I have a HP élite i7. I was wondering would ccleaner be a good choice for cleaning up my computer? Thank you... Steve https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/ccleaner-should-i/0fa8d33e-fd2a-4bcd-ac74-d64958097bac"
  8. Cleaning windows files with CCleaner

Cleaning windows files with CCleaner: I need suggestion about cleaning windows files with CCleaner, what files can i remove safely without damaging my OS. And which one should i checklist from menu. I am adding some screenshots. [img] [img] 80098
  9. How can I stop CCleaner from skipping cleaning files in Edge?

How can I stop CCleaner from skipping cleaning files in Edge?: Hi All, How can I stop CCleaner from skipping cleaning files in Edge? Is there a setting in Edge that's stopping CCleaner from cleaning the files? [img] 25552
  10. how and what files should i clean/delete?

in Windows 10 Support
    how and what files should i clean/delete?: Hello, After i upgraded to 10, i notice that it take off afew GB. I try to clean all temp files and shadow copy but still not able to get back the space. What did i miss? 55206