Windows 10: cleaning CD disc

Discus and support cleaning CD disc in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I have some used CDs with old backup files and other junk on them and when I try to clean them I place them in the computer, highlight the files to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by TomHenslee, Oct 2, 2018.

1. cleaning CD disc

I have some used CDs with old backup files and other junk on them and when I try to clean them I place them in the computer, highlight the files to scrub and click the "delete" button. In return I get "show recycle information". How do I get "recycle information" so that I can scrub these CDs?

:)

TomHenslee, Oct 2, 2018

2. Burning photos to a CD Disc

Hi Jimmy,

We suggest that you use Windows Media Player to burn the images. Please follow the steps below:

• Open Windows Media Player.
    • In the Player Library > Burn tab > select
      Burn options
    • Choose Audio CD or Data CD or DVD.
    • Insert a blank disc into your CD or DVD burner. (Select the drive you want to use if your PC has more than one CD or DVD drive)
    • Search for the items in your Player Library that you want to burn to the disc, and then drag them to the list pane (on the right side of the Player Library) to create a burn list.
    • When you're finished with the list, select Start burn.
    Note: If necessary, click the Clear list button to remove all items from the previous burn list.

Let us know how it goes.

Regile Reb, Oct 2, 2018
  3. The best way to clean CD?

For Disk Scratches, i suggest going to Play N Trade if one is in your town, but to clean a Disk, either CD Doctor or a CD Cleaner/Repair unit, or Paper Towel with Alcohol.

eidairaman1, Oct 2, 2018
  4. LeonJutz Win User

cleaning CD disc

CD/DVD not seeing disc

Thanks for the effort is helping to correct my problem.

Device manager say: Hardware is functioning properly.

Drivers says they are up to date.

In computer link says nothing is in CD/DVD, Asking to open and it says Put disc in when it is there... I don't hear or feel CD/DVD getting to speed. I tried all 3 steps suggested with no results, or changes.

LeonJutz, Oct 2, 2018
Thema:

cleaning CD disc

1. cleaning CD disc - Similar Threads - cleaning disc

2. clean disc

in Windows 10 Gaming
    clean disc: My Mac is running slow and hasn't enough memory to run simple games that it has been running for years. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/clean-disc/f2bf9037-f4e6-4352-9cba-2ebd58be24a5
  3. clean disc

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    clean disc: My Mac is running slow and hasn't enough memory to run simple games that it has been running for years. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/clean-disc/f2bf9037-f4e6-4352-9cba-2ebd58be24a5
  4. I got a new hard drive ran a clean all through command prompt should I convert my disc to...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I got a new hard drive ran a clean all through command prompt should I convert my disc to...: I got a new hard drive trying to install Windows 11 I know my computer will take it it's a 1 TB hard drive I ran a clean all after that I converted it to gpt I then selected the disk then created a msr partition of 1000 then created a primary partition of 25000 formatted the...
  5. I got a new hard drive ran a clean all through command prompt should I convert my disc to...

I got a new hard drive ran a clean all through command prompt should I convert my disc to...: I got a new hard drive trying to install Windows 11 I know my computer will take it it's a 1 TB hard drive I ran a clean all after that I converted it to gpt I then selected the disk then created a msr partition of 1000 then created a primary partition of 25000 formatted the...
  6. How do i clean / reset my disc

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    How do i clean / reset my disc: On my windows 10 pc, I have 2 discs/drives. One of them is my original disc/drive called: Windows C: - This disc/drive has a size of 445 GB, I think I heard someone saying that this disc/drive is my startup disc/drive so I should not fill it... anyway, the other disc/drive I...
  7. How do i clean / reset my disc

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do i clean / reset my disc: On my windows 10 pc, I have 2 discs/drives. One of them is my original disc/drive called: Windows C: - This disc/drive has a size of 445 GB, I think I heard someone saying that this disc/drive is my startup disc/drive so I should not fill it... anyway, the other disc/drive I...
  8. How do i clean / reset my disc

9. Need to create a Windows 10 boot disc or someway to get a clean install

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Need to create a Windows 10 boot disc or someway to get a clean install: both my computers have crashed with the 20236 update. First discovered greyed out apps on my HP Envy laptop. trying to fix that I discovered the store is closed. So here on the 17th I figure i can get in the store from the Cyberpower desktop. Hadn't been sign in for 2 mins...
  10. I was running the disc cleanup and I pressed checked the clean downloads folder and it...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    I was running the disc cleanup and I pressed checked the clean downloads folder and it...: I was running the disc cleanup and I pressed checked the clean downloads folder and it deleted everything in my downloads folder. I think I only but app setups and random stuff I downloaded in there but I'm worried I downloaded something important there. Is the download...