Windows 10: Cleaning Dust of GPU

Discus and support Cleaning Dust of GPU in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; Hey all! So it's been a while since I last cleaned my GPU. I usually very careful use a vacuum cleaner to get the dust out of the fan. I know this... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by Vellaura, Nov 26, 2020.

1. Vellaura Win User

Cleaning Dust of GPU

Hey all!

So it's been a while since I last cleaned my GPU. I usually very careful use a vacuum cleaner to get the dust out of the fan. I know this isn't the safest option but nothing has happened yet!

This time I want to do it with a air compressor to try and clean out all the dust without having to dissemble my card.

I have a stock Leadtek GTX 570. My temps idle from 40c and when I'm gaming go to 86c. I did some research and apparently the older cards where designed to run hotter or at least the hotter temps where normal but I still want to make sure and clean it out in case there is a build up of dust.

Mind you it's pretty hot and I am upstairs as well.

Any tips of direction, where to start, where to finish, anything at all is appreciated Cleaning Dust of GPU :)

Thank you Cleaning Dust of GPU :)

:)

Vellaura, Nov 26, 2020

2. Windows 10 infinite restart black screen

The tutorials provided are just a list of troubleshooting steps. Use only the steps which apply to you.

Since none of the troubleshooting steps here worked, I'd suggest you do a Clean install.

John

AmericanPharaoh, Nov 26, 2020
  3. Can't install windows because of GPU

Hi,

You mentioned earlier that the Intel HD integrated graphics works perfectly. In that case, we suggest to remove your GPU from your laptop and use the integrated graphics card, then, perform a clean install. Follow the steps on the link provided by one of
    our Wiki Authors Andre Da Costa on How to: Perform a clean install of Windows 10. Clean install will remove your GPU driver.

We look forward to your response.

Marvelos Reg, Nov 26, 2020
  4. 6280---01 Win User

Cleaning Dust of GPU

6280 and Dust problems

Hi, i have been experiencing dust problems like any 6280 user, the problem is, dust is getting in the back of the screen and it really annoyying me because in the daylight the light shows the dust Cleaning Dust of GPU :eek:. My question really is, where does this dust get in?
    i dont want to invalidate my warranty i'm just saying, if its getting through the font call speaker i should buy a leather case and if its under the slider i may consider a plastic case. Please dont suggest a nokia service centre because i don't want to go
    12km just to clean dust out of my screen. I have already been to the service centre 5 times for 3 months and getting fed up of this! Cleaning Dust of GPU :(

And please dont suggest replacing the phone.

Any help would be certainly appreciated! Cleaning Dust of GPU :)

6280---01, Nov 26, 2020
Thema:

Cleaning Dust of GPU

1. Cleaning Dust of GPU - Similar Threads - Cleaning Dust GPU

2. Is cleaning dust off of laptop keyboards with tissue, alcohol swaps, or cotton swaps safe?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Is cleaning dust off of laptop keyboards with tissue, alcohol swaps, or cotton swaps safe?: If there is a little bit of dust on my laptop keyboard, I will use a tissue or cotton swabs to wipe it off. If there is a lot, I will use alcohol swabs. Is this safe and effective?...
  3. Bluetooth gone like dust

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Bluetooth gone like dust: I trying to connect now my mouse using Bluetooth but the Bluetooth itself is missing. I restart my laptop and its the same. I have Lenovo device. Im just using it yesterday without problem....
  4. gpu cleaning

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    gpu cleaning: what is the best way to clean a gpu
  5. Dust Clean out on HP Omen Gaming Laptop

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Dust Clean out on HP Omen Gaming Laptop: Managed to get the Dust cleaned out of the fans just barely eariler, except couldn't get the cover fully off, as one darn screw refused to come out, Not sure if i had the right size screwdriver or not. For birthday coming on 21st will try to get a Toolkit if i can afford one,...
  6. Lenovo Dust Fan

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Lenovo Dust Fan: where can I find the link to download the Lenovo Dust Fan? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/lenovo-dust-fan/428afc22-b085-47da-9d96-cf512651c504
  7. CAN AN EXTERNAL HARD DRIVE BE PHYSICALLY CLEANED IF IT HAS COLLECTED DUST?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    CAN AN EXTERNAL HARD DRIVE BE PHYSICALLY CLEANED IF IT HAS COLLECTED DUST?: First, the external hard drives that I own (one is a 1 TB) couldn't be recognized by the computer. I was overjoyed that I simply had to download a driver so that they would be recognized but by the time I asked the question (years after this issue surfaced) and was given an...
  8. Frequent BSOD after cleaning the dust in my laptop's fan.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Frequent BSOD after cleaning the dust in my laptop's fan.: I have been getting Frequent BSOD after I blew away all the dust that was collected in my laptop's fan with an aircan to prevent overheating, (before cleaning around 50-60 celsius, after cleaning around 30-40 celsius) When ever i get BSOD is when either I am browsing...
  9. Sizzling noise when cleaning PC dust with canned air

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Sizzling noise when cleaning PC dust with canned air: I don't know if this post is appropriate for this forum section but hopefully it is. Today I cleaned my PC with canned air. Hadn't cleaned it for over a year. I opened it up, took outside and put it on a table. It wasn't too cold outside but not warm either. Then I started...
  10. how often and how to clean out the dust on the motherboard?

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    how often and how to clean out the dust on the motherboard?: How often, and how to clean out the dust on the motherboard and other hardware components? 100575