Windows 10: cleaning my pc to make room for the latest Windows update

Discus and support cleaning my pc to make room for the latest Windows update in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; what choice should I make? cc cleaner or an app from the Microsoft store? Which app from the store would be best?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by DeborahMassey1, Jul 21, 2019.

1. cleaning my pc to make room for the latest Windows update

what choice should I make? cc cleaner or an app from the Microsoft store? Which app from the store would be best?

:)

DeborahMassey1, Jul 21, 2019
  2. Pavan_N Win User

not enough room on pc. can i use external drive?

Hi,

Please answer these questions to assist you better.

• When you say 'not enough room on pc' are you referring to install Windows updates or are you trying to upgrade to Windows 10?
    • What the make and model of your computer?

I suggest you to move your files folders and documents to an external drive so that you can make space in your PC to install updates. You may also refer the link below and perform Disk clean up to free up more space in hard drive.

Disk cleanup in Windows 10

Do keep us updated about the issue. Thank you.

Pavan_N, Jul 21, 2019
  3. Windows 10 infinite restart black screen

The tutorials provided are just a list of troubleshooting steps. Use only the steps which apply to you.

Since none of the troubleshooting steps here worked, I'd suggest you do a Clean install.

John

AmericanPharaoh, Jul 21, 2019
  4. cleaning my pc to make room for the latest Windows update

GTA V Causing my PC to Freeze

I've done all of these steps previously *Frown cleaning my pc to make room for the latest Windows update :( I've even cleaned my GPU driver history and reinstalled the latest one.

marmiteonpizza, Jul 21, 2019
Thema:

cleaning my pc to make room for the latest Windows update

1. cleaning my pc to make room for the latest Windows update - Similar Threads - cleaning room latest

2. Latest update **** up my PC

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Latest update **** up my PC: The latest 23H2 update totally **** up my PC.Every time I try to start explorer open an drive or folder icon it crashes.It is IMPOSSIBLE to browse what is on my disks.2 questions:1: who will fix it? 2: how can I permanently disable automatic updates and avoid similar mess in...
  3. Latest update **** up my PC

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Latest update **** up my PC: The latest 23H2 update totally **** up my PC.Every time I try to start explorer open an drive or folder icon it crashes.It is IMPOSSIBLE to browse what is on my disks.2 questions:1: who will fix it? 2: how can I permanently disable automatic updates and avoid similar mess in...
  4. Make room on Recovery Drive - did the clean up already

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Make room on Recovery Drive - did the clean up already: Yes, I have already done a disk clean up. However, my recovery drive is almost full, There was nothing to delete really. how to delete unnecessary stuff from the recovery drive if the disk clean up did not work?What will happen if my recovery drive gets full?...
  5. Make room on Recovery Drive - did the clean up already

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Make room on Recovery Drive - did the clean up already: Yes, I have already done a disk clean up. However, my recovery drive is almost full, There was nothing to delete really. how to delete unnecessary stuff from the recovery drive if the disk clean up did not work?What will happen if my recovery drive gets full?...
  6. Make room on Recovery Drive - did the clean up already

7. Latest update killed my PC

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Latest update killed my PC: Yesterday before going to sleep I applied the latest update via "Update and shut down". This morning my PC is dead. The fans spin, and some mood lights are on, but it doesn't give any video output on any port, GPU or MB. There's literally no other explanation than the update....
  8. Latest update killed my PC

Latest update killed my PC: Yesterday before going to sleep I applied the latest update via "Update and shut down". This morning my PC is dead. The fans spin, and some mood lights are on, but it doesn't give any video output on any port, GPU or MB. There's literally no other explanation than the update....
  9. Windows 10 Latest Update makes my Screen Flickers

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 Latest Update makes my Screen Flickers: Is there anyone who can answer or resolve my issue with the latest update of windows. So far it happened to me twice , once I update the Windows 10, the lower part of my screen starts to flicker... I did all the solutions suggested but it is not resolved. but whenever I...
  10. Latest windows update messed my pc!

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Latest windows update messed my pc!: So i got a message from windows asking my to update my pc... saying that my version will stop being supported by October 2019.. 1)after updating i found out that windows no longer had my Ati drivers... 2)Then after 20 minutes or so they reappear!! 3)The same happened...