Windows 10: Cleaning, optimization, Defragmentation, performance of the laptop

Discus and support Cleaning, optimization, Defragmentation, performance of the laptop in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hello, Dear Sir / Madam, kindly help me and me to do cleaning, optimization, defragmentation, system operating performance of the laptop. Mention that... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by dragomir adrian, Sep 20, 2018.

1. Cleaning, optimization, Defragmentation, performance of the laptop

Hello,

Dear Sir / Madam, kindly help me and me to do cleaning, optimization, defragmentation, system operating performance of the laptop. Mention that stand between 1-2 minutes to open a page on Google and partitions in My document. Wait for response! A great day!

:)

dragomir adrian, Sep 20, 2018
  2. Kem Mon Win User

Windows 10 free upgrade and formating the laptop

Hi,

The offer for
    Windows 10 free upgrade has already ended. Therefore, there's
    no way to get the free upgrade again. However, since that you've mention that your laptop is running slow. We suggest that instead of reformatting your laptop, you can run
    Defragment and Optimization. To do a Defragmentation in Windows 10, follow these steps:

• Go to
      Control Panel.

• Change the view to
      Small icons.

• Choose
      Administrative Tools.

• Click on
      Defragment and Optimize Drives.

After doing the Defragmentation, you can now disable those applications that is running in the background by performing
    a Clean Boot to improve the performance of your laptop.

Note:
    Please go through the section: How to reset the computer to start as usual after troubleshooting with clean boot of the Kb article to boot the computer in normal startup after
    fixing the issue.

Let us know how it goes.

Regards.

Kem Mon, Sep 20, 2018
  3. Questions related to defragmentation

Hello Bookum,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I will help you out with the queries regarding disk defragmentation.

Defragmentation will work even if the computer goes to sleep mode.

However, if you face any issue, you can change the sleep mode time.

Follow the steps below:

• Type "power options" in start menu and select Power options.
    • Select "Change plan settings" next to "Balanced".
    • Change the time for sleep mode.

And, if you interrupt the defragmentation in between, the defragmentation will start from first when you perform again.

I hope this information helps.

Thank you.

Amit(Kumar), Sep 20, 2018
  4. Linda W Win User

Cleaning, optimization, Defragmentation, performance of the laptop

Defragmenter (optimization) will not work

• Thank you for trying to help. Unfortunately I'm not as technically experienced as you and most of what you suggested I didn't understand. So, I when with the "If nothing else helps.." option. That still didn't fix the problem. I still get the message
      that the drive is 83% fragmented and it still won't optimize.

Cleaning, optimization, Defragmentation, performance of the laptop 10b5dd21-b1c6-4ab6-8ecd-3732855c534e?upload=true.png

Linda W, Sep 20, 2018
Thema:

Cleaning, optimization, Defragmentation, performance of the laptop

1. Cleaning, optimization, Defragmentation, performance of the laptop - Similar Threads - Cleaning optimization Defragmentation

2. Disabling SSD Scheduled optimization Defragmentation

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Disabling SSD Scheduled optimization Defragmentation: I've read that one of the hints to increase the SSD's lifespan and to prevent losing data is through: Optimize Drives / Scheduled optimization / Off Disable. Is that true? Can disabling the scheduled optimization frequency e.g. weekly prevent early damage of SSD? What...
  3. Is the same SSD optimization than SSD defragmentation?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Is the same SSD optimization than SSD defragmentation?: Hello all. According to this article it says that windows 10 performs monthly SSD defragmentation. I would like to ask if it's the same than optimization feature you have when you right click on ssd -> Properties -> Tools -> Optimize and from there you can select each SSD...
  4. I CAN'T TURN OFF DEFRAGMENTATION/OPTIMIZATION

in Windows 10 Customization
    I CAN'T TURN OFF DEFRAGMENTATION/OPTIMIZATION: I've asked more than once. So far, I've made a registry change that was supposed to turn off Automatic Maintenance. Actually first, I turned off automatic optimization in Optimize Drives it remains off. Even so, the C drive was defragmented twice, automatically. I asked...
  5. Turn Off Drive Optimization/Defragmentation

in Windows 10 Customization
    Turn Off Drive Optimization/Defragmentation: I need to turn completely turn off drive optimization. In "Optimize Drive" I did turn off scheduled optimization. Even so, optimization/defragmentation WAS performed, anyway. I have assumed this is due to "Automatic Maintenance", and a search showed me how to make a...
  6. Hard Drive Optimization/Defragmentation

Hard Drive Optimization/Defragmentation: Hello, all. I'm having an issue where I can't defragment/optimize my hard drive. I am able to successfully initiate the defragementation/optimization process from the built-in defragmenter program, but when it finishes I still see the "Needs Optimization" message, as if...
  7. How to Optimize computer performance

How to Optimize computer performance: Happy New Year! I would like to optimize my computer performance running Windows 10. I have run defrag and it is set to check this every month. I also clean out browsing history in firefox and chrome, and regularly empty the recycle bin. I have looked at a couple of...
  8. Commands, defragmentation, optimization in command prompt

Commands, defragmentation, optimization in command prompt: Hello, Please be sure to give me some commands in the prompt to defragment, optimize and increase the hard drive performance. Thank you! Wait for response! A good day!...
  9. Cleaning, optimization, Defragmentation, performance of the laptop

Cleaning, optimization, Defragmentation, performance of the laptop: Hello, Dear madam/Sir, I ask you kindly to help me, and me to do a thorough cleaning, optimization, Defragmentation, the performance of the operating system of the laptop. Mention that stand between 1-2 minutes to open a page on Google and partitions in my document. Wait...
  10. Optimize Performance of Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Optimize Performance of Windows 10: How to: Optimize Performance of Windows 10 [img] Information This tutorial will provide you with a list of suggestions to help optimize, speed up, and improve the performance of Windows 10. You can pick and choose which listed suggestions you would like to do, or feel...