Windows 10: Cleaning/ removing all data, reinstalling windows

Discus and support Cleaning/ removing all data, reinstalling windows in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hello, I’d like to know the best way to erase everything from my laptop and reinstall windows. I have an aorus x7v7 laptop. Yesterday my pc wouldn’t... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by NojusVysniauskas, Aug 11, 2020.

1. Cleaning/ removing all data, reinstalling windows

Hello, I’d like to know the best way to erase everything from my laptop and reinstall windows.

I have an aorus x7v7 laptop. Yesterday my pc wouldn’t boot properly, I took it to a local repair shop, they said it was the ssd, they replaced the old ssd with a new one and the pc was fine. They then installed windows from a usb drive.

Later when they tested my old ssd on their pc it was working fine, but they still said I need to transfer important data and format it at home and installed the old ssd back via an emty slot.

I currently have my old ssd, the new one i bought at the repair shop, and a harddrive that came with my pc, that ive never used before, installed on my laptop. I’ve transfered all important data from my

pc online.

The computer repair shop seemed shady and I’m not sure if they could’ve installed a malicious copy of windows if that’s even a thing or some malware or smth.

What’s the best way to go on from here?

:)

NojusVysniauskas, Aug 11, 2020
  2. puma99dk| Win User

Reinstalling Windows 10 to sell a PC - is the 'Remove everything' option enough?

Restore factory settings do list Removes your personal files, apps and settings, and reinstalls the version of Windows that came on this PC.

So if this isn't true well than just erase the drive and install a clean Windows 10 with all the drivers u need but why should it be true
    @FordGT90Concept ? *Laugh :laugh:

puma99dk|, Aug 11, 2020
  3. jpierce55 Win User
    Reinstall Windows?

You don't need to reinstall windows. Go to the device manager and remove uninstall the processor and motherboard drivers listed. When you start the system back up you should be able to re-install the new ones. I just changed my mobo/processor Friday, everything is fine.

BTW I have seen some reviews that state practically no difference in using more than 2gb of ram.

jpierce55, Aug 11, 2020
  4. Cleaning/ removing all data, reinstalling windows

Windows 10 infinite restart black screen

The tutorials provided are just a list of troubleshooting steps. Use only the steps which apply to you.

Since none of the troubleshooting steps here worked, I'd suggest you do a Clean install.

John

AmericanPharaoh, Aug 11, 2020
Thema:

Cleaning/ removing all data, reinstalling windows

1. Cleaning/ removing all data, reinstalling windows - Similar Threads - Cleaning removing data

2. Windows update deleted all data and reinstalled windows 10

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows update deleted all data and reinstalled windows 10: Laptop had windows update , deleted all my files and data and reinstalled windows 10. Trying to recover data. Microsoft unable to help. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-update-deleted-all-data-and-reinstalled/d4f56f95-fc4f-4322-941c-135482162595
  3. Windows update deleted all data and reinstalled windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows update deleted all data and reinstalled windows 10: Laptop had windows update , deleted all my files and data and reinstalled windows 10. Trying to recover data. Microsoft unable to help. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-update-deleted-all-data-and-reinstalled/d4f56f95-fc4f-4322-941c-135482162595
  4. Can a clean reinstall remove this type of ransomware

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can a clean reinstall remove this type of ransomware: I got a type of ransomware that encrypted all files and added .aabn at the end, I have researched and found out that I can't decrypt them since my pc was online at the time of the attack, can a clean install of windows remove it?...
  5. Can a clean reinstall remove this type of ransomware

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can a clean reinstall remove this type of ransomware: I got a type of ransomware that encrypted all files and added .aabn at the end, I have researched and found out that I can't decrypt them since my pc was online at the time of the attack, can a clean install of windows remove it?...
  6. how much data will be removed during reinstall

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how much data will be removed during reinstall: Hi,I am a Windows 11 Beta insider user and I am now frustrated with windows 11 bc of so many bugs and slow performance. I want to reinstall windows 10 and I have this question:During the reinstall of Windows 10 using Installation media will the Data on only the C:/ Drive will...
  7. how much data will be removed during reinstall

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    how much data will be removed during reinstall: Hi,I am a Windows 11 Beta insider user and I am now frustrated with windows 11 bc of so many bugs and slow performance. I want to reinstall windows 10 and I have this question:During the reinstall of Windows 10 using Installation media will the Data on only the C:/ Drive will...
  8. clean install without losing all data on all drives?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    clean install without losing all data on all drives?: hey. i wonder if i can do a clean win 10 install without losing all data on all drives?i have about 3-4 TB of data and i dont really want to redownload all of it. thanks....
  9. Clean Reinstall of Windows

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Clean Reinstall of Windows: Hello, I want to do Clean Re-Install Windows 10 in my laptop, please help me how to do that? When i do Re-install do i need product key to activate windows as my device had product key by OEM or it will activate itself? Thank You....
  10. Need to remove 100% of all data from HD then reinstall (FBI, CIA) :)

in Windows 10 Support
    Need to remove 100% of all data from HD then reinstall (FBI, CIA) :): So, I am kind of stuck. I need to give my ex a hard drive. I can't buy a new one. Besides, I have this one that works fine. They are not FBI or forensic experts. But, I have some old photos and some general information I want no one to have. I want it removed as good as...